• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mass Attack (Looking for testers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm having problems trying to find any willing testers, so I'm here now asking for help =).

This is my first ever map, and it hasn't been properly tested, also this map is in it's beta stages and alot of new stuff is still to be added. The map i'll attach is simply the test version since I want to fix any bugs and balencing issues before I carry on adding new units and features.

ANYWAY onto the game...

It's a fairly basic concept, defend your base and destroy theirs. I suppose you could think of it similar to castle fight.

This map is extremely slow, like nearly un-bearable if you try to play 1v1 (I will add some triggers to make it detect how many are playing, so gold comes faster if there is less people).

I'm open to all feedback good and bad, the more you tell me the better I can make my map!

Attachments

• Mass Attack [Beta Test]Prot.w3x
    157.8 KB · Views: 60
Map is working well, would like to see additional units though, I'm quite sure you can do better even for a BETA stage.

As for the testing:

1-Sometimes the units that teleport to assault the enemy's fortress are left behind instead and not all of them move.

2-You should fix the unit's shadows, for it's unreal to see a small grunt having the shadow of an abomination.

Level 2
Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback dude!

Yeah more units will be added, and this isn't totally the beta stage, I've just posted this up first just to rid any bugs or serious balance issues before I proceed ^.^. I should of named it quick test rather than beta test xD.

I'm going to be adding building upgrades, which will allow that building to train a higher level troop, and i'll be adding flying units. Then I'll release beta.

Yeah that unit bug sure is a pain, in fact i'm going to re-make the terrain it since the current system uses hell of a lot of regions and region triggers. I think I will just have the units run straight at each other instead.

Thanks for pointing that out, I was completely un-aware of that. I've written it down ^.^

Glad someone finally gave some feedback, thanks bro!

Oh also did you happen to try out the upgrades at all? I'm thinking of going back to the original upgrades as in the upgrades only effect the player that has purchased the upgrade. Any thoughts?

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.