• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

need some creative minds to help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
The Manor White - A Rat Strife

[rainbow]The Manor White[/rainbow]

Nine people are invited to a feast at the Mrs. Elizabeth White's manor. Since she is not too good aligned, she invited rich people to her manor, to play poker, drink, have a good time, and increase her savings. But something horrible is about to happen. They are as bad intentioned as she is, and they are there for the same purpose. The enviousness, the avarice and the appetence will drive them to do horrible things, as to rob, and kill. Who knows what can happen in this gory feast...

Rules:
  • The game takes place in a mansion.
  • Every player can kill everyone, and investigate as well, wins the player that stands alone.(In the end, they will kill each other, or accuse each other)
  • When you accuse someone, you need to know the murderer, the weapon and the victim.
  • The chat system is local, there is no way to speak [To All], [To Allies] or [Private].
  • To do any action, as special abilities, walking, running, speaking, mana is used.
  • To recover mana, the player needs to go to the pool, or take a shower, or sleep.
  • If someone accuses a person of a crime he/she didn't commit, the accuser is sent to the jail. (to avoid newbies that accuses everyone)
  • Dead people will stay in the game as ghosts, or may leave. Arrested people will leave the game immediately.
  • The map is played in a comfortable first person view, and the player can move himself/herself through the arrow keys.
  • 12 unique characters will be distributed among the players, some will have better abilities, other will have other type of qualities, and it isn't supposed to be so well-balanced.

Common Features:
  • If the murderer was too close to the victim, he will leave bloody footprints on the ground.
  • By stepping on water, the subject leaves water footprints, on the mud, muddy footprints, as well as on the grass.
  • By entering the river, or the swimming pool, the person will look wet.
  • A player can shout, and the others will hear it, from a certain distance
  • By examining a corpse, you can know which weapon was used to kill it.
  • Every weapon will be attached to the subject.
  • By being attacked, or attacking someone, the players gets adrenaline.
  • The adrenaline makes the character animation much faster, and the mana will raise instantly and drop two times the raised slowly.
  • When hitten badly, the victim will leave a blood trail on its path.
  • By walking on the water, the blood on the shoes is left on the water as a red fog.
  • Weapons/items can be hidden behind furniture (and found as well)
  • Corpses can be carried away of the location of the murder but leave a thick path of blood.

Characters:
Characters still have no name. Please suggest it.
STR = Hero Strenght
DEX = Hero Dexterity
INT = Hero Intelligence
APR = Appearance, can be used in abilities like Seduct, and avoid being hit.
MNY = Money, can be used to get information from people, but has an end. (Automatic, it's not a player's decision)
PRS = Personality, makes a person harder to be seducted, or bought, and avoid the adrenaline's mana burn.

Butler
Male
The miserable butler, afraid of doing what he's not to do, lacks confidence, in everyone and in himself. He always had his ambition like hidden fangs. Now, surprisingly allowed to participate in a poker game with the guests and his mistress, Elizabeth White, he wants to sacrifice the rest of his mediocre life in order to soar between the rich and famous.

STR 16
DEX 17
INT 12

APR 3
MNY 1
PRS 5

Abilities: (Suggest me!)
Maid
Female
She once was a lovely, good-cooking maid. An unnamed version of Eleanor Rigby, she would get rid of her boringness stealing one relic or another from the mistress Elizabeth. Not long ago, she was discovered by the eager eyes of the Butler. As the message arrived the Mrs. White, <MaidName> is sank in debts and if not getting rid of them soon, will last the rest of her miserable days in the jail.

STR 15
DEX 19
INT 11

Appearance 3
Money 1
Personality 5

Artist
Male
An image crafter. By the fact that he lacked creativity, he would live of plagiarizing the job of the unknown talented artists, and receive the credits. Yet not a luminous mind, people would see what he wanted them to see. Healing daftly any wound in his not-so-perfect artist mask, was once discovered, and outraged the unnamed talents. Now he has the rope around his neck, and if he doesn't pay them their money he already burned in futilities, he will get in real trouble.

STR 10
DEX 14
INT 21

Appearance 3
Money 3
Personality 3

Actress
Female
Never pretty and innocent enough to be hired, she would bribe, delude and pretend to get what she wanted. Once enough successful, she dedicated herself to be a poker player, who would manage to claim and allure the men's money and hearts. Between trickery and bargain, she was once discovered, and now she's menaced by the rich and the powerful, and she plans on getting the money on the game table.

STR 15
DEX 13
INT 17

Appearance 2
Money 2
Personality 5

Business Man
Male
A tycoon, he has the world's money, but he wants more. He joined a political party and manage to ascend between them. The corruption net he crafted was never discovered, and supplied by his lack of personality and his wealth everywhen it came up. This generated a snowball, and such a dangerous information is distributed among hundreds of employees, and he needs to afford it with a money he still doesn't have, and he is up to do anything to get it.

STR 18
DEX 11
INT 16

Appearance 3
Money 5
Personality 1

Mistress (Not an actual name, suggest me one)
Female
Would be a prostitute, but her ascencion was bound to happen, and, between seduction and treason, she coffered her wealth. Converted in a millionary, she is the owner of the Manor White. Now, subdued by the years, she overpowers anyone with her fatal gaze, and she can steal even their dignity.
Help me with the name, she's an old granny that has a lot of riches and doesn't do anything.

STR 15
DEX 8
INT 22

Appearance 0
Money 5
Personality 4

General
Male
A mediocre militate that wants everyone to admire his empty carreer history. Behind his honorable name, he would sell underage prostitutes. Once discovered and menaced, he had to ask for loans. Then, he started to replace one debt with another, and the interest drowned him in pending lendings. Now he will take part in the poker game to retrieve his balance, and his self confidence and his strenght makes of him a certain death to whom he rests his haughty eyes on.

STR 22
DEX 15
INT 8

Appearance 3
Money 4
Personality 2

Model
Female
Description Shortly! (or suggested)

STR 15
DEX 13
INT 17

Appearance 6
Money 2
Personality 1

Junior (???{not a good english speaker, help me giving him another name})
Male
His life's a party. He has money to live his entire life like he does, buried his own rich father, rules over his dumb mother.

STR 20
DEX 15
INT 10

Appearance 5
Money 4
Personality 0

Athlet
Female

STR 14
DEX 22
INT 9

Appearance 2
Money 2
Personality 5

Clown(???)
Male
Yet not sure about profesion name.

STR 8
DEX 21
INT 16

Appearance 1
Money 2
Personality 6

Nurse
Female

STR 15
DEX 12
INT 18

Appearance 3
Money 2
Personality 4

[rainbow]ANY SUGGESTION IS ACCEPTED, IF USED, CREDITS ARE GIVEN.[/rainbow]
Thank you all in advance

Last edited:
Level 13
wait do you want to no how to do it or more ideas?
if ideas
what about hair or something if the killer doesnt wear a hat or something and if the person killed attacks the killer have skin under the dead persons nails. maybe make people different hights and weights so that can say what they do like an 90 pound woman isnt going to beat up a 200 pound man and have different hight things like maybe the killer hit his head on a bar sticking out and then the killer has a cut and maybe leaves some blood

Level 10
Ah you gave me an idea now.
It would be just too unlikely for a person to examine the killer, from the digital prints to the hair and the nails. I think this would be another source of investigation:
- everytime someone is hitten quite badly, a blood pool is left on the location, and stepping it will give footprints for a while.

what im asking for are ideas, just another investigation source, no help in the editor, but I accept any kind of help! xD

gallin, i think i didnt understand all u said but its alright.

Level 12
To hide your murders
-Carry Corpse ability (Slows unit by 25%)
-Poison-No Trail except for cups
-Swim ability-To leave no foot prints
-Push ability-Pushes units for the quick escape when they are caught and they can run away and hide until they have the oppertunity to kill again stealthely or to push them into a lake
--If done while in the water to another unit it causes them to drown

--Each player must periodically drink water to survive (poison them at anytime)
---People give you water while being mislead into a big house
---You can take the water from the streams

Also
-Players vs Comp mode
--Randomly generate numbers to equal different variables
---Variables-Where unit was killed
------------How were they killed
------------where does the killer run to

And make it on-Easy, Medium and Hard.... First one to solve 7 murders win

THe only way for a person to win is to....
-"Handcuff" a player
-Clues act as items (pictures of foot prints) (where they lead to) and how to prove that they were had access to the weapons....

THese are just some thoughts....

Level 13
hmm what about

-secrity camaras? like just placed in certian places

make an abilty to chop off a person hand to avoid the victom being identified

- also maybe bury the body but you see like distruped dirt where the hole was

Level 10
Good idea, Im gonna make this carry corpse ability. But of course, it will leave a gleamingly red path of blood.
Im gonna list the weapons as well... the poison is a silent one.

About swim, I think that water will always leave a bit of footprints, and not a good swimmer will cheat this.

Im gonna make an "Uproar Mode" that will make the character run faster, and push everybody near out of the way.

Drowning is also a good idea. The corpse remains quite flawless, and if carried away it's almost undetectable. But it will cost a lot of energy.

About the need for water, I dont want it to be like a survival, so I will make that water gives energy back, and sometimes people would give their lives for it. (and they really do...muhuaua!)

About Player vs Comp im not sure, but a way of playing like, one, skilled assassin, starts the game, and the players are shuffled, and names changed randomly, the other eleven players are detectives.

Your ideas were great..later I will edit and put the ones i liked (most) in the topic.

EDIT:

Gallin:
I think that security cameras would be great for a single game mode. People couldnt be killed in the living room.
But I think that burying is just too crazy. There's no time to do such a thing.

You guys are doing good, You all will get lots of credits in my map

Last edited:
Level 13
how aobut hiding places for murder weapons (hiding behind the bookcase under the table and such)

also what about this would be hard but retracing your tracks so its harder for them to follow also if you have bloody shoes chnage the shoes or wash them in the water to remove the trace

Level 4
it would be too difficult to simulate a real murder scenario in a game, because people would just all hole up together in a single room and wait for the murderer to expose themselves. All other murder type games are based around a boardgame called cluedo, which isn't really a murder game as much as it is a process of elimination.

The best thing I can think of is to have a body already discovered to set the scene, then a murderer randomly selected. Make it so that people need to escape the place to survive, and have all doors locked etc to make it take time to get out of there. On top of that, you will need to give people reason to seperate, making them have to go to the kitchen to get food or else they will starve, make them have to go to the bathroom otherwise they will get ill and make them have to search for limited items like lockpicks and such.

With the items only have a few of each kind that assist with getting out of the house. Lockpicks for example will open a certain kind of door, crowbars would open another kind. If a player wants to get out and they dont have a lockpick for a locked door but they have a crowbar, they will have to go a different way. This will split people up aswell and give the murderer a chance to hunt them down.

The biggest problem with a murder type game isn't how to manage the murderer, but how to manage the rest of the people. You need to give them a motive to do anything or the game wont succeed.

Level 10
what about burning the body in the incidertor
---
how aobut hiding places for murder weapons (hiding behind the bookcase under the table and such)

also what about this would be hard but retracing your tracks so its harder for them to follow also if you have bloody shoes chnage the shoes or wash them in the water to remove the trace

I don't think that a normal mansion would have an incinerator at the murderer's order.

Hiding weapons. good point. I will make possible to actually hide them, behind things.

About changing shoes...quite difficult to make possible, but washing the blood from the feet on the water, its a good idea, but, after cleaning the shoes, leaves a red fog in the water.

So you want to make a digital version of the game Clue.

I don't know such a game.

it would be too difficult to simulate a real murder scenario in a game, because people would just all hole up together in a single room and wait for the murderer to expose themselves. All other murder type games are based around a boardgame called cluedo, which isn't really a murder game as much as it is a process of elimination.

The best thing I can think of is to have a body already discovered to set the scene, then a murderer randomly selected. Make it so that people need to escape the place to survive, and have all doors locked etc to make it take time to get out of there. On top of that, you will need to give people reason to seperate, making them have to go to the kitchen to get food or else they will starve, make them have to go to the bathroom otherwise they will get ill and make them have to search for limited items like lockpicks and such.

With the items only have a few of each kind that assist with getting out of the house. Lockpicks for example will open a certain kind of door, crowbars would open another kind. If a player wants to get out and they dont have a lockpick for a locked door but they have a crowbar, they will have to go a different way. This will split people up aswell and give the murderer a chance to hunt them down.

The biggest problem with a murder type game isn't how to manage the murderer, but how to manage the rest of the people. You need to give them a motive to do anything or the game wont succeed.

MurderMode, thank you for the interest.

I think you didnt read it that well, everyone will be able to kill, there wont be THE murderer, that will give the game some amusement.

About the cluedo, I dont know this board game, and I am doing myself something I thought how. And I'm gonna try to make it real, and possible.

They will have reasons to split, the energy drops, and they will need to go to the swimming pool (where they can be drowned), drink water (they can be poisoned), take a shower (only one person can take a shower at a time), sleep on the bed (only one person can sleep on one bed at a time), and some other stuff.

About the murder game problem, there wont be no "Rest of the People", everyone can have a role in the game.

When I have time I will organize the topic and put everything together.

Level 24
Certain waepons should leave to little to no blood (ie: syringe). Poison should also be an applicable weapon. Basically all objects should be pickable up able as weapons (ie: a chair or something). Character Selection should be an option, like you shoudl be able to select a proffesor or a football player whom both have different strenghths (the ability to find clues and the ability to murder people respectivley).

Sounds like a fun game and I would probally play it.

Last edited:
Level 10
You Dont No Clue! What Are You?

I don't, you've got any problem?

Certain waepons should leave to little to no blood (ie: syringe). Poison should also be an applicable weapon. Basically all objects should be pickable up able as weapons (ie: a chair or something). Character Selection should be an option, like you shoudl be able to select a proffesor or a football player whom both have different strenghths (the ability to find clues and the ability to murder people respectivley).

Sounds like a fun game and I would probally play it.

Yeah, I'm gonna do everything suitable as a weapon, thanks for remindingme of this.

About the characters, I will make it random. Some players will be given women, that are weaker but can speak louder and more! (hahaha, what other quality can I give them) And others will be given old men, teenagers, strong guys, 12 different characters, each player will be given one at random.

Thank you for supporting.

Level 12
Hide abilty
-Target a destructable and you hide "in" the destructable...

Like people hide under the bed

Also... No collision size and no extended vision

Level 4
I think that some clues should be based on character class. Say for example, you can pick a man, a woman, a professor, a nurse... etc.

When a female character (Nurse or woman) kills someone, a footprint from a female shoe might be left behind. When a male character kills someone, the footprint is obviously a mans. This may help narrow down the possible killers. Or perhaps you could find different colored hair strands, helping you figure out what character classes could have done it (Kind of like the game Guess Who).

Also, you could have some sort of ghost system (for a witch doctor class, maybe?) that allows the killed players to give limited hints or clues (the killed players stay in the game as invisible ghosts).

Level 10
At first I was gunna say no.... but that might add a special aspect of it where people can stab eachother in the back and shiznet....

I say go for the gold

yea, I will do it first person to be real in the vision aspect.

do you have any terrian done i tihnk id get more ideas if a saw how the map was set up

also PLAY CLUE

it was the butler with the candel stick in the dinning room!

I'll try to get the map finished and post it here.
About clue, I'll try to play it then.

I think that some clues should be based on character class. Say for example, you can pick a man, a woman, a professor, a nurse... etc.

When a female character (Nurse or woman) kills someone, a footprint from a female shoe might be left behind. When a male character kills someone, the footprint is obviously a mans. This may help narrow down the possible killers. Or perhaps you could find different colored hair strands, helping you figure out what character classes could have done it (Kind of like the game Guess Who).

Also, you could have some sort of ghost system (for a witch doctor class, maybe?) that allows the killed players to give limited hints or clues (the killed players stay in the game as invisible ghosts).

I was gonna make 12 different characters distributed among 12 players randomly. 6 women, 6 men. You gave me the idea to give each an individual ability. Thats not gonna be that easy, but I will try to make the footprints different for each one (as well as able to tell one from another). About the ghosts, I will think about it. Observers, as ghosts, will exist. Maybe a single person (1 of 12 professions) be able to talk to them once in a limited characters sentece isn't a bad idea.

Level 1
hmm have you thout about the killer being able to kill other ppl not just 1 so thay can kill some 1 thats about 2 find out about the killing :D that be cool thay way after the kilelr has killed some 1 thay wont leave becouse it will get boring if you just sit thair when other ppl are tring 2 figer out who it is

Level 1
oh aslo what about 2 ppl killing 1 ppl so thair be be 2 killers that make the game hards also but i dont know how you can do that

Level 4
Dagon, don't double-post. Use the 'edit' button to add the second post to the first, then use the 'edit' button to delete the extra post.

For the ghost talking, perhaps use dialog buttons that allow you to pick what to say rather than typing it. 'Killer is a woman', 'Killer is a man', 'I was drowned', 'Go to the Kitchen', etc.

Level 10
hmm have you thout about the killer being able to kill other ppl not just 1 so thay can kill some 1 thats about 2 find out about the killing :D that be cool thay way after the kilelr has killed some 1 thay wont leave becouse it will get boring if you just sit thair when other ppl are tring 2 figer out who it is

Why the hell people dont read it first!! There's not gonna be a specific KILLER. Everyone can kill. And please, I'm not a very good english speaker, if u typ dis way i aint gonna get ur idea...

oh aslo what about 2 ppl killing 1 ppl so thair be be 2 killers that make the game hards also but i dont know how you can do that

You can Edit your posts and avoid double-posting.
Sounds good, but I'll see if it's possible.

Dagon, don't double-post. Use the 'edit' button to add the second post to the first, then use the 'edit' button to delete the extra post.

For the ghost talking, perhaps use dialog buttons that allow you to pick what to say rather than typing it. 'Killer is a woman', 'Killer is a man', 'I was drowned', 'Go to the Kitchen', etc.

Hmm it may ruin the realism, but it would be just amazing. I'll do it anyways, thanks for the help.

Dum. . . Da Dum,

OK, i reccomend that you also have certain ranged weapons and all wepons have the potentila to be ranged. like you can throw them. . .

Yes, I'll try to make everything suitable as weapon, and every weapon can be thrown.

People also have a 1 in 5 chance of dodging a spell...

Roger that. xD

---

Played clue. Really inspiring. It gave me some ideas now.

---

I'm gonna edit the principal post, I have the 12 characters. I'll upload images of the base idea of each.

Level 24
Ok. . . all weapons should have an ranged form and a melee form. The ranged form should deal less damage and havw well. . . range. This simulates the ability to throw objects. (ie: a chair). A paperweight would have a longer range that a desk for instance. Different weapons should also affect move speed so if you are carring a table you go really slowly.

Also play the CheapAss game "Kill Doctor Lucky".
This is an actual game. Really.

Level 10
What name am I gonna put in the map...

- Gory Feast: Very understandable, a feast in which blood is gonna be spelt. Too simple...

- Rat Strife: A fight between cowards, just to refund some millions. Not too clear, they will think that it is rats fighting in a sewer.

- The Manor White: Elizabeth White's Manor. Objective, and cool, and quite attractive.

- Blood Ring: Everybody is inside it, and only one will get out from it. Quite way too generic.

- Black Jack: It ain't Blackjack, it's poker, but I like the way it sounds. Sorry, I will stop smoking this sh1t.

- Scarlet Tokens: The poker tokens, are gonna be a reason for being killed, and since blood is red, it is suitable. But a bit childish.

- You Suggest Me One: Please do it. Or choose one above, which you like better. Thank you!

Level 10
i think one of the players name should be Gallin and i like the 3rd one
Maybe I can do it. Just make a biography and a concept of the character, if it is interesting and unique, I put it in the map.
So do I, i think The Manor White is a great one.

Blackjack
Jokers/Dueces/Aces Wild

I like cardgame names :)
Yea, blackjack sounds really good, but people will think it is a Blackjack simulation map and won't download it in bnet. That's the only problem about cardgame names...
I think that from this names the best is Jokers.

The name will be The Manor White.

Level 12
Maybe I can do it. Just make a biography and a concept of the character, if it is interesting and unique, I put it in the map.
So do I, i think The Manor White is a great one.

Yea, blackjack sounds really good, but people will think it is a Blackjack simulation map and won't download it in bnet. That's the only problem about cardgame names...
I think that from this names the best is Jokers.

The name will be The Manor White.

Aw.........
Deadly Jokers

Status
Not open for further replies.