• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fall of the Horde v0.19a

Last update on 10th march 2010- Paused/Ended, got no time/interest for games...
Credits:

Thanks go to the many beta testers, especially Kilghard-Wolf, Cedi, Menag, Forty, Soook_X and Cheat_like. They told me about bugs and imbalances in my map and gave me a lot of inspiration and ideas.
Additional resource credits are mentioned in the quest menu (F9), as long as i know the name of their creator.

Yet I still need feedback to improve my map, which I did not receive by uploading this map on epicwar. Of course i like if you tell me that you like my map... but please also give me hints what to improve or add.
Please post useful comments, I do not appreciate excessive spam on this thread.
I hope my english fits into your definition of "proper english".

Presented by a member of clan M4P

Author(s): Just me, Imbapiranha
Used Tools: JASScraft, Map optimizer (protection), normal WE
Map type: AOS
Size: Medium
Goal: Kill the enemy's Chieftain
Recommended players: 4on4 or 5on5
Main Features:

<>Funny PEONS :D
<>Mix of known Warcraft III Spells and unique custom spells
<>All triggered abilitys are 100% selfmade spells, severals on high mappinglevel
<>I did great effords to _balance_ it (and will go on)
<>Small mapsize (trying to keep it as tiny as possible)
<>Special recipe listings
<>Every creep receives individual powerups (attackdamage, attackspeed, crit, evade) when killing an enemy unit/hero
<>Magic units use abilitys
<>Towers AND powerful units as defense. Generals get stronger by killing enemys (Evade/Crit) and are upgraded through basic unit upgrades as well
<>Waypoint teleporters
<>Neutral creep villages that can be conquered in order to spawn additional units
<>Specials i forgot...
<>Planning lots of extras later on

Version 0.19a update

<>Rebalanced unit spawns+ abilities
<>Improved upgrade system
<>Terraining
<>Improved appearance of item combinations
<>Changed attribute properties
<>Lanes reduced to 3, added the neutral villages
<>Balance, bugfix (Do I really have to mention this any further?)
<>Recoded/ altered some spells on:
Chaos mage
Sea Ghost
Mana Thirster
War Chieftain
Tauren Berserker
Ranger
Shifted warrior

<>Destructible stuff has a chance to drop small items now
<>Added neutral creeps that drop items
<>Changed preview
<>Added an intro
<>Added 1 new hero (slayer)

Next version

-BBT (Bugfix, balance and terraining)
-Seperating the middle and east lane
-Working on some village and special event issues
-Working on neutral units and neutral unit's dropped items

Keywords:
Fall,of,the,Horde,AOS,Imbapiranha,FotH, Fall of the Horde
Contents

Fall of the Horde v0.19a (Map)

Reviews
15:35, 27th Sep 2009 PurplePoot
Level 5
I started my map to create a unique AOS map and want it to be a stand-alone project. In addition, FotH does not fit into your idea of an AOS for your trilogy since it is a fight between orcs. You demanded a fight between orcs and all other races.:wink:

Last edited:
Level 1
""hmm, sounds fun, i am going to test it"" ...
oh it´s awesome !!! good jib piranha , i´m w8ing for more !"

>>this comment has nothing to do with me being one of the usual test subjects<<

*spreads this map all over the community*

Level 17
This is my review of Fall of the Horde v0.17c

Pros:
-Acceptable number of heroes.
-Good use of custom abilities.
-The terrain was quite well done, with much tile, doodad, and height variation.
-Good use of commands and game modes.
-Item combinations were done well (and so was the system used for displaying them).

Cons:

-Hero selection system was done quite strangely. It could have been done better.
-Doesn't bring anything new to the AoS genre.
-Having human vendors didn't fit in well with the orc theme.

Rating: 3.1 (converted to 3.0) and recommended for approval.

Level 7
well this map needs some improvements but all in all i would rate it 3/5 for now keep up the good work and ill rate it higher!

Level 7
Review Time!

-Amount of Heroes was very good and there abilities ranged from boring as piss to excellent, so good work there. The tool tips could use some work though. I don't think that the heroes had spells that synergize very well though, you might want to consider this for future hero remakes.

-Terrain was average, maybe you could stylize it to create more defined lanes, but it was ok. I personally hate random bumps in AoS lanes but some people think it look more "natural". And the teleporter at base either doesn't work(?), or you need to add some description of how it works for players.

-Loved the demolisher construction thing, great idea.

-I don't really agree with having the recipes bound to the escape key. It's not a bad idea but when looking for items to buy I want all the information as close to hand as possible so it makes sense to have recipes in nearby shops. Items were a bit boring as well.

-The map gives lots of feedback about what is going on, which is excellent.

I'd say in a couple of releases this would be good for a lan bash, 2.5/5 (I'll round up :p)

Level 5
Answering some basic critics:

Review Time!

-The tool tips could use some work though. I don't think that the heroes had spells that synergize very well though, you might want to consider this for future hero remakes.
I will try to find better ways to make the hero's skills fit properly. Most of their spells are supposed to be used in combos to gain greater advantages, thats why the mix of their spells may not be fitting well with each hero's theme.

-Terrain was average, maybe you could stylize it to create more defined lanes, but it was ok. I personally hate random bumps in AoS lanes but some people think it look more "natural". And the teleporter at base either doesn't work(?), or you need to add some description of how it works for players.
I used to be a very bad terrainer, I'm already happy if the terrain looks sort of "natural" without blocking lanes.
Somehow, i will give it a try and ask some mates whether they like the improvements I'm doing.

-I don't really agree with having the recipes bound to the escape key. It's not a bad idea but when looking for items to buy I want all the information as close to hand as possible so it makes sense to have recipes in nearby shops. Items were a bit boring as well.
I guess it depends on how much you are used to it. Me and the betatesters believe its far better than the usual, boring recipe shops, especially known from DotA (FotH is not planned to be another clone in any way!).
The lack of special items is already wellknown. On one hand, a lot of new ones are planned to improve the gameplay, but on the other hand too many very special items may weaken the focus on the hero's spells. Balancing this fact will be quite a hard thing to do.

I'd say in a couple of releases this would be good for a lan bash, 2.5/5 (I'll round up :p)
Erm, thanks:eekani:

Level 2
i can't host the game is it only for b-net becose i em whit garena setup and i can't host it no one cant and i'm sad becose i play the map meny meny time and i have great time unthil now :( can u do somthing abaut that pls ?

Level 2
i can't host the game is it only for b-net becose i em whit garena setup and i can't host it no one cant and i'm sad becose i play the map meny meny time and i have great time unthil now :( can u do somthing abaut that pls ?
i em on 1.23 version for garena pleas make some version vor garena ?

Level 5
Hi Watson, thanks for your comment.

I could make a version for Garena (requires just one small fix because of my wrapped custom system), but the question is:
Will Garena be updated to match the Warcraft 3 Patch soon?
I do not use Garena myself:hohum:

Running 2 versions of the same map on hive to fit in Garena's Warcraft version may be sort of senseless, so I will add a link to the version that is (hopefully) compatible to 1.23.
I cannot test this, so I will just replace the GetHandleId(h) function, hoping this will allow Garena users to play it.

//Edit: I got some more information about Garena now. You will simply need to patch your Warcraft to the actual 1.24 patch and it will work for those with the actual version. Seems like no special version is needed.

Last edited:
Level 2
thanks man am? but is there gona be survers then becose i em on version 1.23 so if i go on 1.24 i'm not shure can i play garena then but i risk and tell .. thanks agen great map !!!