• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Failed text display?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So I have been working on a big RPG map recently. The quest system involves showing some dialogue and other text but so far it hasn't worked at all.

Here's what I have:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Events:
Unit - A unit enters Captain quests <gen>

Conditions:
((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True

Actions:
Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: Test

Wait 5.00 seconds

Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: Test 2

Wait 10.00 seconds

Quest - Create a Optional quest titled Disturbed dead with the description Something odd is go..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNSkeletonWarrior.tga

Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Discovered message: Find what's going o...

Trigger - Turn on Captains quest 1 Dave <gen>

Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of Dave (Male 2) 0129 <gen> using Abilities\Spells\Other\TalkToMe\TalkToMe.mdl

Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 1 (Red) emitting Fog of war from (Center of Graveyard visibility <gen>) to a radius of 512.00

Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 2 (Blue) emitting Fog of war from (Center of Graveyard visibility <gen>) to a radius of 512.00

Cinematic - Ping minimap for (All players) at (Center of Graveyard visibility <gen>) for 4.00 seconds

Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I have done:
Google
Enabled subtitles
Tried it on another computer to make sure it was not just my Warcraft

This problem completely halts my progress as it is vital to gameplay.

I also only have the Reign of Chaos if that might be the cause.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Level 2
Please post your trigger into trigger tags. It makes it much easier to read. Also point out what your problem is.I'm not 100% sure if its the quest, the quest message or the Game Text message that isn't working.

Oh sorry I actually just joined the forums and am still pretty clueless about it. My problem is the game text message is not working. It doesn't display the text at any point. (I do have the subtitles on in the game options)

Status
Not open for further replies.