• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

external call error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Im using AutoIndex which uses and external call. But when i try to save my map to make the Merge it gives me an error.

Code:
On external call:
//! external ObjectMerger w3a Adef lvdt anam "Leave Detect" aart ""arac 0

Warcraft mpqs could not be opened

I have tried to remove read-only on my wc3 map but still dosen't helps. Anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It is unable to open the main warcraft mpq files which provide all the game data.

There are 2 causes of this.
1. The process lacks the nescescary permission level to open the MPQ files (it should be trying to open them in "read only" mode but bad programmers might have accidently made it open in "write" mode which needs extra permission settings).
2. The preprocessor is unable to locate where the main mpq files are. How it trys to find them is up to the programmer which made the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.