• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

external call error: warcraft mpqs could not be opened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
According to Nestharus, Lua is incompatible with Windows 8. I'm assuming that is the problem (I don't use Windows 8, so I can't be sure).

meh that would suck.. :[

Wait until Wurst object editing, I suppose. Although, out of curiosity could you post the contents of the grim log file (with the error)?

jassnewgenpack5d -> logs -> grimex.txt

the map im currently helping out with is written in vjass, so that wouldnt help either :p

and the logfile doesnt exist

Level 31
Actually, there is something in Windows in general that makes Lua not work. I've had it break on XP, Windows 7, and Windows 8. It's usually after I get an update, Lua will suddenly stop working for maps.

Lua itself works fine, but the stuff that NewGen uses does not.

Yea, it's a bit late, but that's how it is =o.

You can use Wurst, certainly, but then you will have nothing to work with. Wurst is incompatible with vJASS :\.

The best solution is to perhaps recompile the dlls for the latest Lua version =).

Level 15
Status
Not open for further replies.