• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Expansion or normal?

TBC?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Do you think WoW was better before the burning crusade? I certainly do, and here are the reasons why:

The raids were better/more fun.
The loot was more interesting, and the tier sets had different graphics from the PvP sets (or even from eachother, instead of recolors)
The game was LESS balanced, some classes were better at PvP and some better at creep killing, but none really sucked except for the tankadin.
I prefer playing in Azeroth than some alien idiot planet.
The storyline wasn't ENTIRELY fucked up.
I hate Draenei and anything to do with them.
I hate the BC item models, they are all bright colored things that look more like plastic toys than weapons, I much preferred the dragon axes and dark obsidian swords.
I hate the new BC spells like Ice Lance, it makes classes too calculated, you either do this talent spec or you suck.

I have many more reasons. What are your reasons for/against the expansion?

Level 9
Well tbh i didnt play pre bc warcraft but i agree with the armor and items thing.
I love the Draenei though tankadin still sucks you know.Outland is pretty cool.So im for the expansion.

Level 8
The loot was more interesting, and the tier sets had different graphics from the PvP sets (or even from eachother, instead of recolors)
The game was LESS balanced, some classes were better at PvP and some better at creep killing, but none really sucked except for the tankadin.
I hate the BC item models, they are all bright colored things that look more like plastic toys than weapons, I much preferred the dragon axes and dark obsidian swords.
I hate the new BC spells like Ice Lance, it makes classes too calculated, you either do this talent spec or you suck.

I entirely agree with everything you said, which is why I quit playing Retail. I would have been so happy if they had just released further endgame content to keep all the already T3'd out characters playing. BC made everything that I liked about wow complete crap, like the large guilds that were so hard to get together for raids and classes that actually differ from each other, in matters of PvP and PvE. So I say down with BC.

I have been in search for preBC private servers and I actually found one that is scripted, had a large community of endgame raiders and was x10 regular experience! But the next day the server went up for repairs due to the scripting for a couple weeks and when it returns it may not be preBC.

If anyone is intreseted or knows of a better one please PM me.

Level 22
Yeah, Pre-BC having a full epic set actually meant something. Now you can get comparable gear just through casual pvp or running 5-man heroics for badges and rep rewards. You can get fully epiced out without ever stepping foot in a raid instance. It shouldn't be like that.

And I agree that BC pvp is significantly less balanced. The original WoW was the "good old days" now.

Level 34
Yeah, Pre-BC having a full epic set actually meant something. Now you can get comparable gear just through casual pvp or running 5-man heroics for badges and rep rewards. You can get fully epiced out without ever stepping foot in a raid instance. It shouldn't be like that.

And I agree that BC pvp is significantly less balanced. The original WoW was the "good old days" now.
I would disagree. PvP is a lot more fun for some people, ie me, and should be as good as PvE. You shouldn't have to do raids. Raids take a lot of time and you need to play a LOT of WoW to get any good gear. Whereas if you PvP you can play at your leisure, and get the items slowly.

Level 2
Did you even raid then? Sure some were fun. But it took 40 good people to down a single boss. Said boss must be killed over 60 times to gear people up. The raids had almost NOTHING to do with Warcraft storyline. All the bosses had pretty much the same tank / spank strategy with a small twist.

Your mad at TBC because of how bad your gear looks? Try walking around Ironforge to see 18 people with the EXACT same gear that you do, down to every trinket and ring.

The term "creep" died. Balancing is a good thing. Some classes sucked at evrything but one small job. Druids could only heal. Warriors could only tank. Mages must be frost. ect. For pvp the goal was to hit your opponent before they hit oyu because almos anything could be two shot.

Putting these points together because your a moron. Outland had more storyline than Azeroth to explore. As far as Warcraft III is concerned, the only thing left to do on Azeroth is kill the Lich King. Outland is very important. Illidan is there, the blood elves and naga went there with him. Its the home of the orcs. Second home of the Draenei (Which were in Warcraft III).

Racism. The Draenei helped Illidan defeat Magtheridon, and destroy the legion's grasp on Outland. If it wern't for them Outland would have never been taken from the control of the Legion and they may even be making attacks on Azeroth through the Dark Portal still.

Orly?

In comparison to "Go this spec, own at raids, own at pvp, one shot anything without gear, and use one or two spells for the rest of your life"? Before Ice Lance, mages were stuck to Frostbolt, Frost Nova, and once in awhile Cone of Cold. That was it for the life of a frost mage.

Guess what, its a feature of TBC. Its L2Play your class. Mages are expected to go frost for pvp as much as tanks are expected to go protection. The way you are saying it is that Prot warriors should be able to pvp just as well as MS, and MS should be able to tank raids with ease.

TBC brought PVP and PVE into a balance. You can choose one. PvP brings quick gratification for winning, a epic every one or two weeks, or you can Pve and get three epics one week, no epics for a month and a half, ect. PvE takes longer with larger rewards. PvP is shorter with easier rewards. Its all about your playstyle. Your playstyle also includes specs tailored to your needs. Any pvp mage will want the ability to slow and freeze targets rather than 10% stuns and no sheilds. Warlocks would rather Siphon Life and Soul Link over the higher damage of destro. You arn't trapped to a spec by Blizzard. You are trapped to a spec by your want for the awsome things it gives you.

Level 7
I would say BC but I just didn't like the world. However:

I don't get why people think "oh, BC ruined the WoW story!" Original WoW just has piles of offshoots of the original warcraft heroes (onyxia and nefarian are just knock-off Deathwings, even if they are his kids). The raids are all jumbled into blackrock mountain.

BC, on the other hand, has a story that continues from the moment you step into the world til you finally kill Illidan. The continuing story of the betrayal against him and your work to kill him and his lackeys was engrossing and made me feel like I'm actually a part of the living world, not just killing random fire monsters 123120451259 times over.

BC is also more dynamic in its endgame. More raids, more pvp, more dungeons, and more questing. Not to mention a far more interesting leveling experience. Bomb runs, fel reaver rampages, simon says.... good stuff.

What ruined it for me was the whole science fiction vibe, and way too much naga. Nagrand and HFP were the few gems of outdoor goodness. Oh, and kara! I love kara.

The problems that brought it down was exploiting arenas, dailies, lack of world pvp, and reskillience. However, while Halaa was still popular, it was easily the most fun I've had in WoW.

But it doesn't matter because WotLK will blow them both out of the water :wink:

Level 14

Idd, There was a more epic feeling that you were 40 people downing one huge motha****a

Idd, Although I like the s1-s2-s3-s4

All classes should be balanced

Agreed, Although Hellfire Peninsula was O.K

True

True

True, Except the one that came with the sunwell fellah

Huh?

Level 7
Do you think WoW was better before the burning crusade? I certainly do, and here are the reasons why:

100% right

Level 12
but none really sucked except for the tankadin.

So your sad because the tankadins are actually viable for tanking now?

I never played PRe-bc, so explain to me how the raids were better? You had to get 40 people together instead of just 25? That seems worse to me.

I agree with liking azeroth over some crazy alien planet. Except Nagrand. I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU TALBUKS!!!!

I think in BC, like someone already said I think, BC actually brought in dungeons that were kinda connected together and if you did them together and had a storyline, and the zones worked together in a story too. Unlike azeroth... "Umm I just walked out of a forest being plagued by bandits to a volcano-y place under the rule of a dragon-dwarf-orc clan actually being ruled by a huge fire guy... I C WHAT U DID THAR!!!!"

I like draenei... chicks. Im a horde guy though :cry:

I like my lightsaber axe, I get to run around going LAZERS GO PEW PEW AXE GOES PEW CUT. (I really hate them, lightsabers, this is not fricking star wars, even though there is a star wars mmorpg)

I agree with the one spec or suck deal, which sucks in itself. I made a thread about this whole deal. Which sucks.

Level 2
only thing i agree with is the item looks.
Besides that i think bc rox prebc's sox off. The idea with heroics and badges is pure brilliance.
And the new way of getting tier sets is better too.

Level 12
let me put my opinion this way

Burning Crusade has been the worst expansion made by Blizzard that i have played to date

and im suspecting Wrath of the Lich King will take its place once ive played it at a friends house( i quite wow 2 months after BC came out)

Level 3
Getting epix in BC is way too easy yeah.. But still Wotlk seems to be alot better than BC atleast.

Status
Not open for further replies.