• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Exodus; Demo Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Name: Exodus
Type: RPG/Campaign
Author: Kurupted
Current Stage; Demo: Finished, Campaign: Incomplete

Overview/Story[/SIZE]
This is going to be a CAMPAIGN
Its about a squire who has a dream in the opening cinematic, which later comes true. Trolls which had been extinct reapear and it is a mystery, it just so happens that a artifact that if manipulated the wrong way could change time, controlling the past, present and future. And of course more twists and turns along the way.

Took me a couple days to whip up the first map, get the storyline down in my head, and implement all the spells, etc that will be used for most of the campaign, lots of them are saved on my hardrive but the rest of the maps will be flowing out alot quicker then the first map. Im a very terrain/quality/detail concious guy and always try to put 150% into all of my work.

The campaign will be largely cinematic, a number of playable characters will be used, each with their own custom spells and role, however the player will only be able to control one hero at a time, for example when the main hero isnt available, the player will take control of another of his friends in his place until he is available again. Each boss has a scripted encounter and spells that are cinematic to give it a true RPG feeling. Alot of the spells have been picked up here! Thanks Hive Community :)

Details
I love terraining and it is a big part of my map, 85% of all the doodads used are custom, as well as many custom skins/models for units. I tried to give detail to every little thing, from the text, to the cinematics. There will be no 50k health hero that deals 1000 damage here. The hero himself starts off dealing 10 damage and as he grows from a squire, to a master, new spells become available which each changing rank.

Demo
I also hate waiting for maps to be relased myself, so, starting with the first map of the campaign which I have uploaded here, I will be releasing a chapter from the campaign whenever they are done, a chapter may be 3 or so maps. And eventually the complete final campaign.:infl_thumbs_up:

Screenshots
SS1.jpg
SS2.jpg
SS3.jpg
SS4.jpg
SS5.jpg
SS6.jpg
SS7.jpg
SS8.jpg

SS9.jpg

Updated Demo COMING SOON!

Last edited:
Level 2
Ooh, looks good. Beautiful terrain in the screenshots.
One question: why did you choose not to have the portrait show up when a character speaks during the cinematic?
I am looking forward to this.
I suggest making the cinematics not overly long (those can get boring, even the good ones) and to put a lot of focus on story. Good stories that make sense are what makes or breaks a campaign I find (well as long as the rest of it is decent.)

Level 2
Im actually reworking some aspects of the map, took out Jump and Flash and am adding two new spells, the hero will have 1 support spell, 1 single target damage spell, 1 multiple target damage spell, and an ultimate that isnt complete yet instead of 4 raw damage spells.

Cinematics now have portraits, custom cinematic interface as well. Items now all have models and some of them have been changed. Will be releasing part 1 of the campaign some time soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.