• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

exact max filesize on Battlenet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Straight to the point -> What is it exactly? I've heard people saying around 4 mb.

And I've another question: What do you need to do to host a game? So that you know for sure that people can join your game.

And another question: Which autorefresher works well and how do you use them?

Thanks for taking the time.

Level 21
It IS 4Mb. Period.

You need an internet connection to be able to host. Period.
But I guess you're talking about people that "can't" host? They technically should be able to host but are behind a firewall or router that blocks battle.net connections. That can usually be fixed by port forwarding.

Last question: I don't know. I personally think refreshers don't even do anything in the first place, out of personal experience. It's just to make people feel good.

Level 18
1.) Yeah Battle.net mapsize limit is exactly 4Mb (4069Kb - 4194304b)

2.) You gonna need some Internet connection, and you have to forward and open the port 6112, allow this port for your router AND the firewall you've got. You also need to allow the roc.exe and tft.exe that it works for sure. (got some experience in it)

3.) Just use banlist, it's easy to understand and it works pretty good, it also has some nice plus features like the message chat part, where you can chat in wc3 via windows desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.