• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Impossible to play a map on battlenet/LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hey there!

Today I wanted to test my current project in multi-player but I faced an annoying issue. The issue is the same with battlenet and LAN (with this tool). I manage to host the game, but the player who join the game is stuck to "42" and impossible to launch the game (the button "play" is grey). I thought it was a problem of map downloading, so I directely moved the map to Wc3Directory/maps/download for the joining player. I also tried to host the game on one computer, then on the other one. But nothing changed.

Otherwise, what could solve the problem?

+rep for helpers :)

Here is the map!

EDIT : I'm able to perfectly play default maps

EDIT2 : the map works well if I remove enough files to reach 40MB, but with the new patch I should be able to play with a 128MB map right?

Last edited:
Level 9
Bumpybump!

I made some tests to understand the problem :
- If the 2nd computer doesn't have the map, it begins to download it when the 2nd player joins the game. It loads until 57/58. Then, it goes back to 0, and up to 42. And it stops loading.
- If the 2nd computer has the map, then it directely displays 42 for loading and stays like that.
In both cases, the game doesn't crash, only the button "start game" stays grey (like if the loading of the map on 2nd computer wasn't finished).

The problem is fixed if I remove enough files (models and textures) to reach 40 MB. But how to know if the problem is due to a particular model(s) or to the size of the map?

Last edited:
Level 16
But how to know if the problem is due to a particular model(s) or to the size of the map?

You could remove model by model until it starts working. This way you could determine if its a particular model causing the problem. This could take some time though.

See if you can download the map on another computer.

Level 9
Yep, that's what I do... And yes, it takes time :p!

Something that could be interesting to know : when I opened the map on another computer the map was blank despite the 70MB filesize. But I have to test it out again (the computer was the one of my girlfriend, some kind of dark magic may have corrupted the file xD)

Status
Not open for further replies.