• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Everguard ~ AOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
E V E R G U A R D
By f0rsak3n & HaniBon

Welcome to the Everguard Project status thread for HiveWorkshop.

Click here to continue to the Everguard Official Forums.

To get the most Detailed information, join the Everguard forums.

C R E D I T S
Credits List

This is the Full list of Credits to people that in some way have helped me in this project.

Campir

- The NAME creator! This man came up with the name Everguard!

Svyatoslav

- Gave some tips about how a Good AOS would be, thanks!

Super-Sheep

- Gave/are giving feedback, thanks!

HellslayerX15

- Gave/are giving feedback & tips! Thanks!

C H A N G E L O G
Everguard Changelog - Updates when the BETA version is out

The BETA version is still not released - No changelog to display yet

P R O J E C T - S T A T U S - B A R S

Terrain
█████████ 99% Complete
Spells
█████████ 4% Complete
Units
█████████ 5% Complete
Systems
████████ 9% Complete

F E A T U R E S - S C R E E N S H O T S

Features

• Upgradeable buildings & Units
    • The units can learn smaller abilities. You can upgrade the Evasion level of buildings and units. To towers, you can add Frost, fire and poison attacks!
  • Kick system
    • Red can kick players using either:
      -kick (color)
      -kick (number)
      -kick (name)
  • Several game modes (1 that you never have seen before, but you will need to play the game to know what it is :wink:)
    • The oldschool -AP -AR and such will ofc be in it.
  • Tons of heroes, items and new spells (this map is made from scratch).
    • Advanced high-detailed spells.
    • Spells fit the history of the hero (each hero has a history that you can read about before you pick your hero. This is just to allow the players to learn more about the heroes and how they work).
  • Tons of commands
    • Commands that improves the gameplay so it fits YOU.
  • Editable camera
    • Change distance, angle, rotation etc by simple commands.
    • Use presetted settnings, such as:
      -cam=normal (normal gaming camera)
      -cam=3rd (3rd person camera)
      -cam=keyboard (rotate the camera using your keyboard arrows)
  • Good/Awesome terrain for hiding
    • Lots of forest to hide in!
    • Good looking terrain!
  • Assist system
    • You get gold for Assisting in hero kills.
    • You get gold for Assisting in creep kills.
  • Deny system (also on heroes, but the Assist system gives Assist + some gold to those who damaged the hero)
  • Creep respawn system (mode advanced that DotA's. Depending on the level/type of creep, the creep respawn faster/slower)
    • Creep locations are presetted and respawns after 30 seconds. More powerfull creeps takes more time to respawn.
  • Shared Gold & EXP (the whole team gains exp and gold for hero kills. This is to support teamwork).
  • Weaknesses and Strength!
    • Heroes have weaknesses and Strengths! For example:
      There are Darkness heroes. Darkness heroes takes extra damage from spells of the type "Holy", but gain health from Darkness spells! There are several types of weaknesses/strengths!
  • Damage-show
    • Displays damage taken (can be deactivated).
  • Spell-show
    • Displays a text above the caster the name of spell casted (can be deactivated).
  • Come with your own tips and ideas!

Screenshots - NEW!

Okay, there is only 1 Screenshot in now.
This screenshot shows 70% of the Terrain (30% more till I show more detailed terrain screenshots).
Minimap_Full.jpg

This image shows the full map from above. The lane to the left is not done yet, I know ;) More details will be in when the terrain is at about 95% done.

Updated Terrain, now 90% complete!
New image:
Minimap_Fullv2.jpg

Updated Terrain, now 99% complete!
New image:
Minimap_Fullv3.jpg

Also some lane pictures:
LanePic_001.jpgLanePic_002.jpg

A creepcamp:
CreepCampPic_001.jpg

A random picture :wink::
RandomPic_001.jpg

Much more images to come!

B E T A - V E R S I O N

BETA Version - Out Soon!

Thats Right!
The BETA version will soon be out!
I must first fix the Terrain done to 100%, add the natural creeps and such.
Then, I will add a few systems and mods, some heroes, items and spells.

When those stuff is done, maybe in 2-3 weeks, the BETA of this game will be out!

Please support this work with tips, resources and such!
BETA PREVIEW OF THE COMING HEROES

Ok I have only made 1 hero with spells this far.
Hero_Hall_Of_Fame=Deadeye.jpg

Name:
Darkeye
Proper name: Skeleton Madness
Type: Darkness

Attribute: Agility
Range: 750 (Ranged)

More heroes coming soon!

Last edited:
Level 9
Name is ok, but the fancy camera commands are so unnessecary and jailing will just make people to leave. And having unit and/or building upgrades makes it more unit based instead of hero based.

Well, true, the Jailing will make people leave, I might remove that.

@upgrades
Well, I need something to make this AOS different from other AOS maps...
And ye, it will be a lot unit based, I think I'll make a command for this... Like, -uon (upgrades on)

Hm, not much of stuff to make a proper review, but let me focus on the current stuff:
1) Recipe system is no longer a 'feature', it's a must.
2) Good camera system, would be helpful for some people, although i doubt that many will ever use the first person camera.
3) Upgrades - I have seen it many times already, though i am all for this feature.
4) Kick -> Although i don't support this, since it can be abused, i can see it being useful only when a player is afk for a long period of time.
Jail -> 5 minutes is a lot. Also abusive.
-afk -> Contradicts with the kick command. You would want to kick the player who is afk, not support him, by rendering his units invulnerable. Against it.

To sum up, there is honestly not much to discuss. So far, all of the features are quite unoriginal (take that 'quite' out). The only thing that can save help this map become famous enough is a well-made terrain and a good/original gameplay. We need to see more. Good luck, you can PM me for changes.

Level 9
Thanks!

As I said, I might remove the Jail thing.
About the Recipe system, what I meant with that was that you can upgrade towers using special recipes...

Level 4
Well this map seems interesting even though the different cameras is pointless people will not use them because of the disadvantage they will have against people playing with normal camera style.I like the upgrade tower idea even though it has been used.I reccomend dont work on anything until one thing is complete so work on terrain focusonthat nothing else then get the units thatwill spawn for the lanes into work for you to be able to set up the triggers.If you work on things one at a time you will finish the map if not you probably will not finish XD.But goodluck and i hope it turns out well.

By the way I'm your competition xD aha jk :D or am i o_O

Level 4
I looked at the terrain, it looks... flat, really flat, that's not good I didn't like it at all... try to fix that... or add more screenshots.

Level 9
Check the new Screenshot, better?
Compare the first with the second, see the new big cliff in the watter?

Level 4
Aha isnt it another like WE because i remember i had a few different world editors that allow to take screenshots of full map terrain :p. But i dont care if were enemies ima end up playing your map when it comes out :D

Level 9
Haha ok fine ;)
Hold CTRL+ Roll your "Mouse Roller" up and down to see more/less of the map. The more = The more lagg, the less = the less lagg ;)

Level 9
I have some feature thoughts, but I want to finish the terrain and screenshots before I post them ;)

Level 4
I have some feature thoughts, but I want to finish the terrain and screenshots before I post them ;)

Mmmm... I don't think that's a good idea... because you might think in some other features that requires more terrain, or something like that, then you'll have to do it again.

Level 4
Wow thats all i have to say so far my map fails compared to yours it looks really good exspecially those trees.I think i lost this XD i cant even run my map in the game anymore sadly :( .BUt i is working on solving that :D

Level 6
haha I can barely even see them now because of them blending in with the environment :p but I guess that wont be a problem when looking on them from top

Level 13
First, +Rep for the very clean lay out!

It looks very promising.
But maybe you want to change the progress bar with something like this:

Terrain
█████████ 99% Complete
Spells
█████████ 4% Complete
Units
█████████ 5% Complete
Systems
████████ 9% Complete
[box=Terrain][COLOR="Lime"]█████████[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkOrange"]█[/COLOR] [COLOR="Yellow"]99% Complete[/COLOR][/box]
[box=Spells][COLOR="DarkOrange"]█[/COLOR][COLOR="Red"]█████████[/COLOR] [COLOR="Yellow"]4% Complete[/COLOR][/box]
[box=Units][COLOR="DarkOrange"]█[/COLOR][COLOR="Red"]█████████[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]5% Complete[/COLOR][/box]
[box=Systems][COLOR="Lime"]█[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkOrange"]█[/COLOR][COLOR="red"]████████[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]9% Complete[/COLOR][/box]

EDIT: For the Deadeye screenie: It's his instead of hes and not they're but their.

Level 9
Haha soo true, I didn't even notice that ffs :p
I'll edit the image ;)
And thanks, glad you like it

EDIT:
And thanks for the bars :thumbs_up:

Weaknesses and Strength! Copyright!
Please DO NOT copy this and use on your map/aos!
Oh, I'm sorry, did IceFrog tell you, mapmakers, anything about copyright stuff, when you copied these features out of DotA?:
Assist system
You get gold for Assisting in hero kills.
You get gold for Assisting in creep kills.
Deny system

Level 4
I think he mean that he do not want other AOS maps to use that system. I agree with him, it seems really GOOD and if other AOS maps would have it, hes AOS wont be as special.

I think he mean that he do not want other AOS maps to use that system. I agree with him, it seems really GOOD and if other AOS maps would have it, hes AOS wont be as special.

Well, nice to meet you; who wants the features he came up with copied in other maps? You can't prevent that. It is up to the members' morality to embrace this thing. Especially for an introduction post, that is a non-should-be-written thing, cause some people might misunderstand the author, like me and Dreadnought[dA] did:
As soon as I read the word copyright, I knew this project would fail hard. You're trying to copyright on the internet?
Anyway, enough of that, this topic gets rediculous posts already and people wouldn't want to take a look at 2 pages of fights.

Level 9
Shouldn't that list of people whom somehow helped be larger?

-Just wondering :grin:

Hey :)
Yea I will make it larger, when there are more ppl to give credits ;)
I do not give credits here for models & icons. That will be in a special .txt file that can be downloaded when the BETA is released.

what a kickass name :p

ANyway new terrain screens look really good! KEep up the good work.

Thanks alot :D
Yea, love the name ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.