• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lands of Battle - A four team AOS style map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Lands of Battle

Up to eight people can play with two people on a team. Each player gets to choose one hero to use throughout the game. The main base for each team is at a separate corner, with paths leading to two different enemies.

-All hotkeys are W, E, R, and T
-Heroes need to be loaded in the zeppelin to be transported to the shop
-You lose 200 gold and have to wait 15 seconds when your hero dies
-Currently, the middle top tavern has the heroes

______
Most of the current items are only temporary and will be replaced with better ones latter.

lobmap8rz.jpg

Link: http://www.wc3sear.ch/?p=Maps&ID=8845

Level 40
hmm... i like the fact that the wait time / gold lost / etc does not increase, but make it a lil longer.

also, heres what i suggest for the map, kind of following off a 4-way AOS i was gonna do a year ago, but it never really took off
o---------o
|\ /|
| \ / |
| / x \ |
|/ \|
o---------o

ah well, it sucks, but you get the idea

-A few more paths were added, while you have a conflict area ( the x ) at the middle

-Tavern is shifter off of the played map.

OR

-Tavern is removed after x seconds, but left in the middle of the map.

-Its also interesting when teams diagonal from eachother are allied, yet are separated ( for the fact of having to defend their own base, and being across the map ). Also, if you make this, NO AP as it would completely remove alot of the gameplay, as well as not diversifying the races that so many AoS maps rely on for storyline.

Level 5
ragingspeedhorn said:
Lands of Battle? Bad name...
It isn't the best name, but I couldn't think of anything better.
hmm... i like the fact that the wait time / gold lost / etc does not increase, but make it a lil longer.
Yea, 15 seconds is a little to short. 20-25 seconds would probably be better.
also, heres what i suggest for the map, kind of following off a 4-way AOS i was gonna do a year ago, but it never really took off
o---------o
|\ /|
| \ / |
| / x \ |
|/ \|
o---------o

ah well, it sucks, but you get the idea

-A few more paths were added, while you have a conflict area ( the x ) at the middle

-Tavern is shifter off of the played map.

OR

-Tavern is removed after x seconds, but left in the middle of the map.

-Its also interesting when teams diagonal from eachother are allied, yet are separated ( for the fact of having to defend their own base, and being across the map ). Also, if you make this, NO AP as it would completely remove alot of the gameplay, as well as not diversifying the races that so many AoS maps rely on for storyline.
The layout you created does look interesting. I may change the layout on this map if not many people like the current one.

Status
Not open for further replies.