• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

~> Hero SuperStars - AOS <~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hero SuperStars
An AOS by HaniBon
Unreleased Beta version
N A V I G A T I O N
C H A N G E L O G

2009-07-06 (Ver 1.0.0 BETA)

Too soon to say...
Return to top.
G E N E R A L - G A M E - I N F O R M A T I O N

This is an AOS map made by HaniBon (with some help from HiveWorkshop users, check the Credits List).
The mission with this AOS, is to create something better and more fun than the regular DotA map.

How am I going to do this?
I will create 100% new Heroes, Spells and Items. Each spell and item will have it's own special ability. The skills are 100% made by me, IceFrog has a website where people post hes spells... I will use new systems, effects and more detailed terrain! You will be able to use more in-game commands and way more advanced systems. More about this in the Features List.

What made me create this project?

Well, after years of experience in map creating and atleast 1½ years of playing DotA, I felt like creating something new. Some stuff in my map may remind you of DotA, but nothing is copied, just a few ideas that I have modified to the better!

When will the first release be out?
I am not sure yet... I am still working on the BETA version (the project status can be found here). The BETA release should be released before 2009/10 (year/month) with atleast 24 heroes (each with 4 spells). The first main release will be out when the BETA is approved (100% MUI and Leakfree).

Any thing more I would like to add?
Well, for those of you who would like to open the map and learn stuff from it: Sorry! The map will be protected since I do not want any people to steal the map, spells or the Models (and icons) that are custom made for the map.

Map Information

Max Players: 10 (10 Online Players + 2 Bots)
Teams: 5v5 (6v6 including the bots)
Map Size: 160x160 (Medium)
Map Tile: Barrens
Imported Doodads: None
Imported Destructibles: None
Return to top.
D E T A I L E D - G A M E - I N F O R M A T I O N

To be updated...

F E A T U R E S

• Several Game Modes
    You will be able to pick several in-game modes.
    In the beginning of the game, type / + (name of the mode)
    Example: /aos for the Normal (AOS) mode.
    To select a full game mode, type / + (name of the mode) + (name of the extra command)
    Example: /aosap for the Normal (AOS) + All pick mode.
    Example: /ctftime for the Capture the Flag (CTF) + Time mode.
    such as:
    1. Normal (AOS)
      Units from the team 1 and team 2 bases will spawn and meet in the middle. You can use extra commands, such as:
      • -AP (All pick)
      • -AR (All random)
      • -BP (Base Pick)
      • More to come!
    2. Capture the Flag (CTF)
      There will be 1 flag in each of the team camps. You will be able to select how many round there will be. You can use mods like:
      • -Time (Play against the time, select how long you wish to play. The team with most points at the end of the time, wins)
      • -Points (you get 1 point for each unit killed, 10 points for each hero killed, 100 points for each flag caputred. The first to reach the set amount of points win)
      • -Flag Only ("FO") (you will only get points for capturing the flag, but gold for killing heroes)
      • -Base Killing ("BK") (you must first destroy the other team base to be able to capture the flag, once captured the flag X amount of time, the team win)
      • More to come!
    3. More to come!
  • Soon updated!

Return to top.
S C R E E N - S H O T S

To be updated...

C R E D I T S

To be updated...

Return to top.

Special thanks to BaraBura for some Thread tips and help!

Last edited:
Level 12
"The skills are 100% made by me, IceFrog has a website where people post hes spells..."

Haha

Level 4
I hope Hero SuperStars is not going to be the final name; it's horrible and sounds not-so-related to Warcraft universe, or have you ever heard someone in world of Warcraft calling someone else or himself "superstar"?

Another thing is that at the moment it does not look that different, except for the CTF thing. You need to make it way more unique to appeal on players, there's quite alot of those not so special AoSes and they aren't very popular either.

Level 9
Ye I know the name stinks :p Got any good idea of a name? ^_^
Trust me, alot will be different, I have just not taken the time to display it all

Level 4
Ye I know the name stinks :p Got any good idea of a name? ^_^
Trust me, alot will be different, I have just not taken the time to display it all

No, I got no catchy names in mind. Even if I had, I would spare them for myself, considering I don't very usually get catchy name ideas ^^

But well, I hope you will display the unique features soon

Status
Not open for further replies.