• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Everguard ~ AOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Haha :p
Lol didnt steal you idea ;) Just release with 12 so the players can chose from atleast 2 heroes each :p

Level 4
Yeah, well. I'll release over NINE THOUSAAAAAAND heroes.

Completely and utterly original.
And copywritten.

Nice terrain setup, btw.

Level 4
I'm sorry pal... but the weakness idea... well.. I already used it in one of my maps... I didn't upload it, but I already used it before you, so... you are copying me... right? And something more interesting... In my campaign, I used a weakness thing for the bosses... You can do extra damage with some spells, and more important, with some bosses you can only use certain spell to do damage in certain moments... and I have worked in this campaign for almost 1 year (almost 15 maps i created to test the systems I'm using in the campaign) so, don't try to own a simple idea... And by the way... I've seen that kind of things before... so is not your idea nor mine...

Level 4
Speaking of ideas.

Maybe you can gain some inspiration from the AoS concept/thread, in my signature. That people should go visit like right now.

This is not me trying to make people read my thread.
Yes it is.

...and these are not the droids you are looking for.
Yes they are.

Level 7
what he needs if 50 more people commenting telling him his idea isnt orginal and lolflaming him for not wanting people to use his idea.

Level 4
Inded, and I believe he should ask a mod to clean out in this tread.... It is way off topic and irrelevant.

Personally I like his idea and whether or not its original shouldn't be the topic for discussion.

I know is out of place, but I'm not going to accept that later he complains, because he thinks that it was his idea and I copy it when that's not true, I really think that's totally unfair, and I wanted to point that out... and of course warn him that I'm using that in my campaign, so again, try to get the "rights" of the idea is unfair.

One advice, using that is extremely difficult... is not just an add damage system, is really difficult to balance the heroes, wish you luck with that, because the balance is a total torture. But is a great way to make the people select different type of heroes, but don't tell the people what hero has been chosen... (I've seen AoS that tells you what hero is the enemy picking... that's nonsense...)

Level 6
I know is out of place, but I'm not going to accept that later he complains, because he thinks that it was his idea and I copy it when that's not true, I really think that's totally unfair, and I wanted to point that out... and of course warn him that I'm using that in my campaign, so again, try to get the "rights" of the idea is unfair.

One advice, using that is extremely difficult... is not just an add damage system, is really difficult to balance the heroes, wish you luck with that, because the balance is a total torture. But is a great way to make the people select different type of heroes, but don't tell the people what hero has been chosen... (I've seen AoS that tells you what hero is the enemy picking... that's nonsense...)

Why do you keep pointing out that, I think Hanibon got it the first time((s) since other people also pointed it out), I dont think Hanibon is stupid.

Level 4
Why do you keep pointing out that, I think Hanibon got it the first time((s) since other people also pointed it out), I dont think Hanibon is stupid.

If you read the entire thread the only point was that it was stupid to try to copyright something... my point is entirely different, and the last post was just an explanation of why I wrote what I wrote... I wasn't trying to point that out again... it was just an explanation...

Level 9
Hey all...

Yea this is really off topic and please stop this like... NOW!
W/E if I want it to be © or not? I have not asked for you oppinions when it comes to that matter. Please give tips and feedback, don't get irritated on like 1 thing and make 2-3 pages of posts about it :O

Got any tips on how to make this map better? Talk about that!
Period. Do not reply to this post!

Level 6
just 2 ideas

1. some creeps could have really long stuns, just to make it more interresting because then you could get killed if an enemy hero comes when you are stunned. these stunners could maybe have higher bounty and lower attack damage (because they will hit you when you are stunned)
2. ambushing creeps, just creeps that runs away a bit from their camp if a hero comes nearby, maybe they just throw a net or such on the hero and then hit a few times (seconds) and then run right back again

Level 9
Haha that was some crazy ideas bro ;) but well, I kind of like them.
About the stunning, I might create that, but that your team can upgrade units. When a surtain type of unit has reached the max upgrade level, a new type of creep can be spawned. In this case, stunning creeps will be spawned.
Great idea, thanks! Keep it coming and you'll get into the credits ;)

Level 6
Well how about having some creeps (creeps in creep-camps) patrolling some areas? lol i might even draw this:

patrol
___|-----|____
| O O |
|____________|

E: as you can see it failed but you should get the picture

the lines are doodads, blockers etc.

a pain-in-the-ass-creep (maybe with the net-thing-idea) could patrol the "----" (standing in one corner for a while, then moving to the other, standing there for a while and so on

the "o" could be treasure of some kind, of course the treasure shouldnt be too significant

by entering the "hideout" in the right time, you could grab the teasure, and then get out without being attacked, if not in the right time you will (once again the net-thing) be netted and attacked by a really strong creep (maybe the creep doesnt give bounty as punishment?)

Level 9
Well how about having some creeps (creeps in creep-camps) patrolling some areas? lol i might even draw this:

patrol
___|-----|____
| O O |
|____________|

E: as you can see it failed but you should get the picture

the lines are doodads, blockers etc.

a pain-in-the-ass-creep (maybe with the net-thing-idea) could patrol the "----" (standing in one corner for a while, then moving to the other, standing there for a while and so on

the "o" could be treasure of some kind, of course the treasure shouldnt be too significant

by entering the "hideout" in the right time, you could grab the teasure, and then get out without being attacked, if not in the right time you will (once again the net-thing) be netted and attacked by a really strong creep (maybe the creep doesnt give bounty as punishment?)

That was also a good idea (moved to credits list).
I will put this type of units near inside the base to protect the base.
Thanks! +rep

Level 7
mmm i have a hero idea.

an archer hero who has the ability to hide up in trees, and shoot at people.

in the tree she has high evasion and is hard to pick out until she starts attacking you.

just an idea.

Level 9
mmm i have a hero idea.

an archer hero who has the ability to hide up in trees, and shoot at people.

in the tree she has high evasion and is hard to pick out until she starts attacking you.

just an idea.

You mean like a type of windwalk that only works near trees?

woot thanks :) how about a game mode where you pick heroes for the enemy team? (i.e. picking the worst team evah)

Haha that could be fun :p Like DotA's RD mode (random draft). 1-2-2-2-2-1 picks but for the other teams, nice! :D
I might really add this and also to be in the BETA version! Love your ideas man, keep it coming!!

Level 9
Hey Im doing my own AOS map as well and i wonder if we could merge our maps into 1 project, that way we could finish the map faster.I'm doing mine by myself and by now, so far it's at 60-75%..maybe I can help you with your map, I can do graphics(loading screen, texturing etc..)I also have spell ideas I just dont know how to make them using JASS, I do my spells by modifying existing ones and by importing and some by creating triggers..:thumbs_up: IDEAS: 1.Set items:gives additional bounuses perks if you have allitems. 2.Upgrades for the towers,creep waves...etc. e.g upgrade that increases the free gold given to each player periodically, increase in the main structure's(DOTA's Frozen throne & Tree of Life) hp,armor etc..(think MOOMOO meets DOta).. those are some of the ideas I'm thought of for my map maybe it could be implemented to yours too..

Level 8
A fellow AOS maker. I posted some ideas for AOSES a while back. here

Also note that well made heroes are not only defined by models or creative abilities but also by SYNERGY. The "Epic" heroes usually has a large amount of skills that work together to give devastating results.

Just some hero idea I gave for a friend which he ignored. Feel free to use it.

Avenging Angel

Model

Holy Light:
"Calls down a holy beam of light from the heavens, replenishing allies and devastating enemies"

Instant Point Target. Deals X damage to all units in a small aoe and heals allies every 0.33 seconds. Create the revive target FX at target point every interval. Lasts X seconds.

Vengeance:
Immolation. Hefty mana cost. Moderate damage. Large AOE (for Immolation)

Divine Vigor:
Passively increase ms by X%. Also grants +X life regen/% life missing. Can be activated to grant a movementspeed bonus to all nearby allies for 10 secs, but passive bonuses are removed while in cooldown.

Divine Judgment (Ultimate)
"Brings down heavens fury apon those who appose the light"
Entangle all nearby units. Change the FX to some holy effect. Dps and disable.

The avenging angel has the role of Initiator/Support Hero. As a counter balance the avenging angel is a melee intelligence hero, in other words....terrible life gain and really bad damage with attacks.

Low Levels Holy Light provide a great way to heal and farm at the same time.

Vengence allows you to harass enemy melee heroes. Carefully though as the Avenging Angle can do little againts enemy melee units.

Divine Vigor is used to manover yourself in combat and allow you to chase down enemies. The additional life regen might cause you to consider it low levels. Late game it can be used to allow your team to chase down the enemy team.

Divine Judgment wil make this hero a terrific asset in team battles, mass disable and damage :p....remeber to give it a very small duration. like 3 secs.

Tactics: :D

Holy Light + Divine Judgment: Cast Holy Light on the enemy, then Divine Judgment. Target is forced to take the massive damage from holy light which if could otherwise avoid.

Holy Light + Divine Vigor: Great team asset with healing and increased ms.

Vengeance + Divine Vigor: Chase down heroes and force them to take that dps

Vengeance + Divine Judgement: Entire enemy team take a huge amount of dps

Holy Light + Divine Judgment + Vengeance: Huge amount of dps :p

Items to buy: +Life +Mana +MS
(Attack speed, Intelligence and the like is useless :p Most damage in melee will come from Vengeance and spells)

Level 8
Hero idea 2, the battle golem :D

The Battle Golem
Strength

Crush
Grants a passive bonus to attack damage based on max life. Attacks also has a small chance to knockback.

Along with a handy disable on attack, crush's true power lies in its passive. +atk damage based on max life. This allows the Battle Golem to stack +life items instead of +damage items and still deal considerable damage.

Shield Other

Absorb X% of the damage target would take. The spell is ended if the golem falls below 30% life. The damage dealt to the golem is dealt
in magic damage.

The Battle Golem's shield...Once maxed the battle golem can ensure the survivability of those squishy agility or int heroes.

Reinforce Plating
Grants a bonus to max life. When activated grants a bonus to armour (English spelling :p) and a chance that melee attackers is maimed.

Synergy with Both Crush and Shield Other. Attacks deal more damage and able to soak up a lot more damage from shield other.

Charge (ulti)
Charge to target point, knocking back, slowing and dealing damage to all units along the way.

Altough his ulti has little synergy with his other abilities, it grants him some additional hero killing ability and a nice initiator ability to get straight into combat and start destroying things.

Items to buy:
+Life
+Strenght :O (synergy with +damage and his primary ability)
+as (due to his already high damage)
+magic resist (Shield other madness)
+ms

Idea no 3

The Champion
Str
"The champion is the commander of armies. The backbone of any force"

Shout

Level 1: Reduce the armour of nearby enemy units.
Level 2: Reduce armour & attack damage of nearby enemy units.
Level 3+ Reduce the armour & attack damage of nearby enemy units and slow units with their back towards the champion.

Shout only reach its true power once it reaches level 3 and the champion has Leadership.

Rally

This or this model
Drains mana while active. Improves the attack damage and attack speed of nearby units.

Rally is great in early ganks and with Leadership it turns the tides of battle.

Assault
Launch an attack upon the enemy.
Level 1: Bash target with your shield, stunning it for 1 second.
Level 2: Bash target, followed by a quick attack. Deals 100 damage & stun target.
Level 3: Bash target, followed by slicing all nearby units. Deals 150 damage to nearby units & stun target.
Level 4: Bash target, followed by maiming all nearby units. Deals 200 damage to nearby units, stun target and slow all nearby units for 2. secs.

Assault allows the champion to deal some burst damage.

Leadership:

(Passive)
Shout now knockbacks and deals damage to enemies. Distance and damage increase with leadership.
Rally now also improves defense and movementspeed. These bonuses grow with leadership.
Reduce the cooldown on Assault and increase its damage by [Str]*Level of Leadership

synergy is self explanatory.

The champion is a great support hero and reaches his true power when he gains his ultimate. It is advised that the champion is in a lane with as few as possible heroes to allow him to reach level 6 as fast as possible. The champion has a lower strenght gain than normal and a higher int gain that most strenght heroes. This makes him able to use his abilities, but also squishy against lots of burst damage.

Items to buy:
If you have a item equivalent of vlads (brilliance aura + lifesteal...etc...) that would be ideal.
Strenght items will help him survive longer, while mana items will allow him to dish out more damage with Assault and Shout.
Another build would be to buy support items granting auras to improve your support to the team even further.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.