• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Greed & Glory [AoS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8

GREED & GLORY

Current Version: Late Alpha
DOWNLOAD

Small Talk:

Well, my fellow hivers, after many hours, days, and dare I say months, I'm finally ready to introduce you with my "little" project. So, please, read on, and post anything you want. I'm ready to listen as much valuable and not so valuable posts as you can write.
General Stuff:

G&G is an AoS type of map with all the stuff you would like to see in such (or at least I would ;)):
  • Wicked characters with custom abilities;
  • Q, W, E, R keys for abilities;
  • 6vs6 players max;
  • Assistance system;
  • Not to shabby items;
  • Nice spawn support/boost;
  • Four lines;
  • Terrain that doesn't hurt your eyes (and is gonna be even better cause I'm not yet satisfied);
  • Common hero poll;
  • Creep camps;
  • Expansion posts;
  • A descent ammount of imported stuff such as models, skins, icons to make playing more enjoyable...
Story:

As two sides battle for causes known only to themselves, mighty champions come to tip the scale of war, and gain what they want the most. Be it, fame or fortune, greed or glory.

Final Words:

The map is in late alpha, which means, I just need to check some code and values and make sure this game could run ok for beta. Also I'm looking for some icons, the current Blizzard ones are burning my eyes. There are 12 heroes implemented currently, and I think that is sufficient for the first beta.
Oh, and a special thanks for Tides of Blood, Blades & Billets and Desert of Exile which inspired me, and gave endless hours of fun.
55420d1243270183-greed-and-glory-aos-ss1.jpg

55421d1243270183-greed-and-glory-aos-ss2.jpg

56187d1243846224-greed-and-glory-aos-newpic1.jpg

56188d1243846224-greed-and-glory-aos-newpic2.jpg

56189d1243846224-greed-and-glory-aos-newpic3.jpg

56190d1243846224-greed-and-glory-aos-newpic4.jpg

Attachments

• ss1.jpg
    ss1.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 502
  • ss2.jpg
    ss2.jpg
    322.4 KB · Views: 444
  • newpic1.JPG
    newpic1.JPG
    163.7 KB · Views: 361
  • newpic2.JPG
    newpic2.JPG
    165.4 KB · Views: 374
  • newpic3.JPG
    newpic3.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 372
  • newpic4.JPG
    newpic4.JPG
    163.6 KB · Views: 329
  • G&G_alpha.w3x
    1.4 MB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Level 15
Looks cool :D
Could you show some spell screenies that you need the icons for? That would make the life of the icon makers easier :)
I could attempt to make some icons for you, but I can't assure you it would be wonderful or anything.
Also, what do you mean by "common hero polls"? I don't really understand that XD
As to the custom materials and imports, they look rather good :D. However, I hope that it doesn't affect the filesize too much :)

The terrain looks somewhat plain at certain areas, you could try and improve on that.
Overall, looks promising. +rep

Level 8
I'll see if I could make a short video to show some spells.
As for the common hero poll, I meant that every player selects one hero from 12 currently made. There won't be like players from one force select these 6 heroes, and the players from the second force select different 6 heroes (like in ToB, DotA...).
I've been watching for the file size, and currently it is 1.3 mb, and it isn't yet optimized.
And as for the terrain, you're absolutely wright, it will be improved. It bugs me in this state as well.

Thanks for feedback.

Level 15
Oh, just something I noticed: The trees are too organised to look natural. It just doesn't at the moment, there's barely much difference between each tree and it looks as if some crazy guy planted them perfectly just so that they would look cool when the got destroyed XD
Anyway, it's great to know its only 1.3mb. Anything around 1mb is rather good for online play and such.
Any plans on when you're going to release the beta? Are you encountering any problems and such? Just tell me if you need some icons, I'll try to make some for you :)

Level 8
Ok, just uploaded the video to youtube. This is my first made video, so don't expect too much. Check the first post for it. It shows one hero and his abilities. I'll try to make more, and see if I could make them better (practice makes perfect).

And Zack, check your pm :).

Level 11
The map seems perfectly symmetrical to me. This isn't necessarily bad, but it doesn't look natural. I agree with Zack1996 about the trees, and I think you abuse the Large Bricks tile. I saw the video and it's pretty nice, although I believe that footmen (and maybe archers too) don't match with the overall terrain. Another thing I noticed is the limited tile variation. About doodads, I don't know if you use doodads like shrubs or rocks (I can't see much from that distance ^^) but I think you should. The edges of the map feel empty, so maybe you should add some more trees/cliffs/whatever. The map looks very promising and I can assure you it can become great with a few adjustments here and there.

Level 8
I'm a symmetry freak.
Yes, you just may be wright for the spawn's models, footmans and archers. But primary thing now is to fix some bugs I've found and then the terrain.

EDIT: Added hidden tags, so the tread looks better, and added a new video preview of Lima Zniv, Wrath of the Inferno.

Last edited:
Level 8
Yup and thanks, ToB and B&B had both impacts on the development of this map.
Only several thinks to fix up before beta. Though I'm kinda swamped with exams now, I continually work on the map. Once the beta is on, I will see what needs to get better or change entirely.

Level 8
Thanks Anachron ^^.
Terrain updated. I've added some tile variation and a doodad here and there. There are still some changes on the terrain coming, but for now I need to study.
For some screenies, see the last four.

I also need to work on the preview image, which will be hard cause I'm not sure what exactly to put on it, and my drawing and painting skills are not that good.

Level 8
Shee-it. Someone actually posted videos. Looks awesome. ( Brutal Lord model o_O )

Gotta test this. If its even a lil bit as good as it looks, it will give me enought strength to wait for ToB O

Gotta post few smileys: :thumbs_up: :grin::fp::cool: :smile: :nw:

:ned: :ned: :ned:

:ned:

edit. Ok, maybe those smileys were an overkill, dont really know what got in to me..

edit. Wait, wheres the map? I wanna play it..

Last edited:
Level 15
Terrain looks good. Put some other doodads other than just Ruin doodads -_-. Put plants and stuff, it would look better. Put more tile variation too.
Good to hear that the beta may be out for download soon. Progressing rather well I see.
Good luck, I know you can create an awesome map! +rep

Level 8
Just to keep you guys a bit updated (thank you all for posting, it really helps!).

I've been fiddling more with the terrain. It doesn't look as bland as before. Once I'm done, I'll update the screenshots.

Also, while play-testing I found that the current design of one hero flaws a lot. As I've put together his skills in my mind, it looked perfect, but ingame he's skills lack a lot, as a whole. So I need to modify he's skills a bit.

Another thing I'm doing now are items. They are currently categorized as follows: Expendables, Regular and Epic. However, I need to add some more items as currently they are about 20 (and the regular items are just blizzard ones, I don't want to bore the players with items that have the same effect, but different icon and name), which makes the game a bit dull. So I'll see what can be done further there.

Level 8
I've actually worked on the terrain, so it looks much more appealing now (or so I was told), I also have some more ideas to improve it. But thanks, I hope I could count on you play testing this?

I was kinda bummed out once I found out about the new patch; that means I would have to overwork the systems and abilities overall. So, I'm thinking of hosting the map with 12 fully completed heroes, for feedback about possible fixes and balance. Anyone interested, please post here, or send me a PM, and I'll get back to you. I can host on battle.net as well as on eurobattle.net.

And, to apologize for my lack of posting, here are 4 new video previews introducing 4 heroes. Check the video section at first post. Tell me what you think.

Level 8
NOTICE

As of tomorrow, just as I finish my last exam, I'm going on my vacation. So, for the next 2 months (maybe a bit less) I won't have access to my computer and won't be able to work on the map. That's a little off my planing being that I've meant to work on the map during the summer, but things are as they are.

To cut the story short, I would like to put my map here, up for download hopping that some gentle souls will find some time to playtest it, and write here everything they find that could be improved, any bugs, any propositions, ect. You can also send me e-mails and replays at the address you'll find in the map (or in my profile here at the hive).

At this stage the map contains 12 completely done heroes, and most of the systems implemented (hero selection, assistance, spawn support, recipes, creeps). The terrain is also a lot better than in those screenies at first post.
I will check the forums as soon as I find a normal internet cafe to see your responses. Thanks in advance, have a great summer!

You can find the map at first post, or simply click here.

Level 3
This is a very good map! Im downloading and testing right now! Il edit when im done.
Anyways, what software did you used to record? Fraps?

EDIT: Ive liked it so far, the heroes have pretty good abilities and map looks nice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.