• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Evasion Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I need help with a question about the evasion ability:

If you had for example 2 evasion abilities on a unit, will the dodge chance stack? Like if you had 2 abilities each with 10%, would the result be 20%, or would it stack a different way? If it is a different way, could you explain?

If you are wondering, I want it in two abilities because it will be easier later on. Otherwise, I would have to do much more work in the end.

Thanks!

Level 16
Moin moin =)

As far as I know evasion does not stack itself. The question is what you exactly want to do at the end and what would be easier with 2 different evasion.

Only good thing I can give you is:

1) Create 4 evasion abilities.
-- 1 Evasion with (example) 10%
-- 2 Evasion with (example) 10%
-- 3 Evasion with (calculated 10 + 10) 20% evasion.
-- 4 Evasion with (dummy) 0%

2) Now you can to it with trigger, that if a unit gets the second evasion, while having the first one, remove both and add evasion (3) and evasion (4) to the unit.

What we get:
1) You have "both" basic evasions now (10 + 10 = 20 evasion)
2) Also you have a dummy evasion, because you said you need actually 2 different evasions, but instead to refer to it (whatever you wanna do), just refer to the dummy evasion.

Sounds weired when I read it but somehow like this it should be good =P

Edit: But wait: Does "Evasion" and "Drunken Brawler" stack? Bah don't think so =(

Greetings and Peace
Dr. Boom

Level 11
Evasion won't stack with Drunken Brawler, no, but it will stack with Hardened Skin, which you can set as a 10% chance to block 999999 damage, with a minimum damage of 0. However, it won't show "Miss" text.

Status
Not open for further replies.