• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how lifesteal, evasion, crit strike, bash and other item effects work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
1. Does 2 different items stack lifesteal if they have different abilities. (15% + 20% lifesteal = 35%?)
2. Does evasion stack by the same method (1) on different items?
3. Does critical strike and bash stack like in 1 method?
4. Does life regen aura stack like in 1 method?
(We talking about only items in 4 questions)

5. Does crit strike and bash cover the heroes' passive abilities?

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Going from DotA 1 memory:
1) Yes, they should all stack, although multiple Vampiric Auras would require separate buff ids.
2) Each ability has it's own instance. So you could have two separate 15% chances to evade.
3) Critical Strike is like Evasion and stacks in separate instances.
4) I think it's like Vampiric Aura. If it doesn't use a buff, then it should stack.
5) I believe Bash may be considered an "orb effect" so it could conflict with other passives. It may also only be an issue on the attack that it procs. Critical Strike should stack freely with everything.

Regarding crit, at least in previous versions there was a bug causing the floating text to possibly lie when having multiple sources.
That is, if you have 2 sources of 100% to deal 2x damage for an attack dealing 10 damage, the text will say "40!" but the damage amount was actually 20.
Maybe it has been fixed at some point?

I've triggered my crits since 2016 (unsure of game-version I used at the time) because I wanted to be sure about how it worked :p

Level 8
Going from DotA 1 memory:
1) Yes, they should all stack, although multiple Vampiric Auras would require separate buff ids.
2) Each ability has it's own instance. So you could have two separate 15% chances to evade.
3) Critical Strike is like Evasion and stacks in separate instances.
4) I think it's like Vampiric Aura. If it doesn't use a buff, then it should stack.
5) I believe Bash may be considered an "orb effect" so it could conflict with other passives. It may also only be an issue on the attack that it procs. Critical Strike should stack freely with everything.
In this case, if I give different items one ability for vampirism, it will not repeat itself? I just have several items with vampirism on the map, if you add them up, then the hero is practically unkillable (as a rule, chaos begins after 50% vampirism)

Status
Not open for further replies.