• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Escape from Fire Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
I havn't posted much recently, so here you guys go.

I was half inspired by CObras "Alphatile" terrain which was great. I basically used his terrain as a base to make this.

I was also inspired by bestselling novel "Redwall" and the tale of Martins father (forgot his name) when he chases this SeaRat by boat. There was a sketch of a creature leaving an island on fire. and it looked sorta like that. Except of course in teh book the island is on fire. Of course i had trouble duplicating realistic flame. So i decided to not put in fire. ironically.

comment, and critique if you like.

Attachments

• Escape of Fray.png
    Escape of Fray.png
    758.1 KB · Views: 425
Level 8
Fix the Boats "w/e the word is" reflection. It is angled wrong. Other then that I like it.

Level 12
Awww. I'm honored.
This is really awesome, and you did a great job with the lighting. Although, as RaiN said, the boat's reflection is just a tad off. Still, though, amazing work. +rep

Level 19
That might actually be the best terrain I know of right now. Awesome job. Yeah, not that noticed it myself, but the reflection on the boat is slightly off. Not really hard to fix I assume, so I nominate your terrain for top ten and will give this a well deserved awesome score in my judging. :)

Level 19
this be awesome shitz right there
haz a cookie!
i bet everyone will start making reflexion terrains now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.