• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Esc and Text disappears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi all,

I always get annoyed when people press Esc during a video because then the text disappears and noone can read it anymore... But the video doesn't end of course, there's just no text.

Is there something I can do against the text disappearing when somebody presses Esc?

Greetings BOESERTEDDY

PS: I know there would be the possibility:
Event: -player presses esc
Action: -send message again

But I think that's quiet a bad solution and complicated...

Isn't there something like Deactivate user controls ... (I know there is, but I think it doesn't work)

Level 25
Maybe:

If Integer Time equal more than 0 then cinematic - cinematic transmission unit sexyass named: HIIIIIII : blalala
If Integer Time equal more than 0 then cinematic - cinematic transmission unit sexyass named: HIIIIIII : blalala

So if the guy skips it, it still runs a new.
At the same time you got a second trigger that

Every 1 second set variable Time - 1

It's a litte complicated but it could work.

Level 9
I dont know if that works. But I would do:

Create two variables
Text - String - Array
Count - Integer - Array

Text is the varaible where the text is stored
Count is the variable where you store the duration of the text

JASS:
set udg_Text[1] = "Welcome to the game"
set udg_Text[2] = "Please read the info if you are a beginner"
set udg_Text[3] = "Good Luck" 

set udg_Count[1] = 3
set udg_Count[2] = 5
set udg_Count[3] = 3

When you show one of the texts, lets say text nr 2, then create a trigger that do:
JASS:
// Every 1 Seconds:
set udg_Count[2] = udg_Count[2] - 1

Create a trigger the register when a player hit escape.
JASS:
if udg_Count[2] != 0 then
// Send Transmission Again with text udg_Text[2]
endif

Status
Not open for further replies.