• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Equivalent to DotA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!

I thought of making a map that would be somethng like DotA (Defense of the Ancients). It will work similarly in some ways, like you choose a hero and play only him and such. I just used Night Elf as the guardians of the good side and the corrupted Night Elf as the guardians of the evil side. I didn't want to copy IceFrog's idea but i thought it would be better that they are looking like the light & dark side of the same object. The map is called Battle of Purificatio, had no better idea of how to name it. currently i started making some heroes and simple trigger-enhanced spells, but i lack in Jass and Dummy-spells. So the people i need are thos who are skilled in the following things: icon making, an animator (to animate custom made models), someone with a bit more than the basic knowloedge of trigger-enhanced spells/JASS, eventually a terrainer and some assisstance workers. Assistance workers are the ones (in this case) that will do things like: simple game-triggers (like revival), finish spell discriptions and such. The map will be in ENGLISH language (as most of the maps). If you want to join, you are welcome. Even people with low skills are welcome. Only egoistic people, reputation *hunters* (people that are only after repu) are not welcome. Feel free to PM me on THW if you are interested or want to join the *team*! :ogre_haosis:

!IMPORTANT! notice that due to some duties/*work* i can't be daily online. I am usually online on weekends only.

other IMPORTANTs:
for terrainers: they get the map ONLY when everything else is done. they are the last ones who will have the map.
for all others exept animator(s) and icon maker(s): ONLY 1 person can have the map at a time, when this person finished it's current work on the map, the map is resent to me, i take a look at it and then it's sent to the next one. There CAN'T have 2 people at the same time the map. This is for avoiding Import-things.

I hope we get an acceptable map!:grin:
GZ,
Markos!

Level 12
Hi all!

I thought of making a map that would be somethng like DotA (Defense of the Ancients). It will work similarly in some ways, like you choose a hero and play only him and such. I just used Night Elf as the guardians of the good side and the corrupted Night Elf as the guardians of the evil side. I didn't want to copy IceFrog's idea but i thought it would be better that they are looking like the light & dark side of the same object. The map is called Battle of Purificatio, had no better idea of how to name it. currently i started making some heroes and simple trigger-enhanced spells, but i lack in Jass and Dummy-spells. So the people i need are thos who are skilled in the following things: icon making, an animator (to animate custom made models), someone with a bit more than the basic knowloedge of trigger-enhanced spells/JASS, eventually a terrainer and some assisstance workers. Assistance workers are the ones (in this case) that will do things like: simple game-triggers (like revival), finish spell discriptions and such. The map will be in ENGLISH language (as most of the maps). If you want to join, you are welcome. Even people with low skills are welcome. Only egoistic people, reputation *hunters* (people that are only after repu) are not welcome. Feel free to PM me on THW if you are interested or want to join the *team*! :ogre_haosis:

!IMPORTANT! notice that due to some duties/*work* i can't be daily online. I am usually online on weekends only.

other IMPORTANTs:
for terrainers: they get the map ONLY when everything else is done. they are the last ones who will have the map.
for all others exept animator(s) and icon maker(s): ONLY 1 person can have the map at a time, when this person finished it's current work on the map, the map is resent to me, i take a look at it and then it's sent to the next one. There CAN'T have 2 people at the same time the map. This is for avoiding Import-things.

I hope we get an acceptable map!:grin:
GZ,
Markos!

My terrainning is quite good. well... a 4/5 if i would vote myself.. hehe lolz. Maybe you would want to consider me in... lets just see and wait if there are better terrainners...

Level 12
Just another random DotA fake :/ Maybe try getting an interesting idea instead. Also this should be posted in the project recruitment area

AGREED!
Map Development Talk about your developing projects. Release beta tests and get useful feedback before the final release. Maps should be attached to your post.
<<< SEE??? SEEE!!! THAT IS WHY I AGREE!!!

-GIANT_CRAB

"there is no spoone"- The Matricks.

Level 5
Sorry here is the staff that needs animation http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/markos3520/albums/ and it will be a bit different than DotA in some way.....some funnier spells. it's not going to be a fake that much.....depends how you see it as a fake ;) well it wil have some unique spells ;D

You should point out the MAIN DIFFENCES between DotA and your map, not just only some unique spells. When people rely on DotA too much, it starts getting boring. If it is not that similar to DotA then better not to mention about it. AoS is enough for clear explanation.

what's AoS? soz i am not a pro neither an experienced guy on THW. well it will be similar like DotA in: you select one hero, lvl him up and fight enemies. 1 difference is that it is ONLY multiplayer. some spells will be made funny to ridiculous or even a bit stupid, don't worry i won't overdo it. another difference will be that some spells will cause global changes (temporarly), while others will have more random effects, like one spell will be able to do one of a few possible effects. and for each hero it will have a *contra*-hero, that means you select a hero, he will be stronger than the one or other, but there will be at least one that is stronger than him for sure. i just can't promise when it will be released (not even the trial version). i am currently experimenting with triggers and making each spell in a custom map to try it out so that there are no mistakes/eventually bugs in the trial-version. if the trial is approved, i will replace it with the *normal* version. just be sure that it will take me a maximum till May 2011 till the final version is released.

Level 8
I've got to agree, I play DotA and to be honest I wouldn't go to any other AoS really, maybe a quick peek but would never play it full time.

Also about the whole elitist hate etc... just realize that ANY AoS brings those to the table, AoS's are nothing but testosterone filled children needing to prove to other that they are the best, which to be honest isn't accurate seeing how you get feeders etc... but I stray, you get the point.

well DotA's hightime is long over if u ask me, they only add new heroes to keep people playing it. besides i think the lvl limit in DotA is way to high coz it gets boring playing with 3 or 4 same spells all time (exception is the Invoker). i will set the level-limit much lower, the ability system will be a bit changed and well, some other little changes. my map is ofc of lower terrain quality, but i think the one or other of you will like it (hopefully).

Status
Not open for further replies.