1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

EotA: Twilight (v. 1.16c6)

Submitted by DarnYak
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.

Eve of the Apocalypse: Twilight

Looking for games?
Feel free to drop in the regular games on Sunday 4pm EST / 1pm PST on BNet East in Clan EotA.
You can also join the EotA steam group to receive alerts for organized games.

Eve of the Apocalypse: Twilight, often referred to as EotA, is an exceptional Aeon of Strife-style map with distinctive gameplay and custom graphical effects. In this epic clash for survival, two factions are at war over an ancient artifact of immense power, with the loser facing inevitable doom in the coming apocalypse. Strategy and teamwork will be necessary to ensure victory.

Features

• Five different battlefields with their own unique objective
  • Variety of map options to customize the playing experience, such as draft mode or changing the spawn rate
  • Decide which faction you belong to from the three different factions that have their own specialized units
  • 38 playable heroes with six custom skills each
  • Item tempering allows a simple, yet versatile way to gain stronger items
  • Emphasizes teamwork and assisting the team by coordinating with allies and supporting troops
  • Advanced computer AI to fill empty player slots or take over leavers

Quick Tips

• Use teleports at the various bases to quickly enter battle. Heal at fountains, tier 2, or tier 3 bases.
  • Type the "-zoom" command to have a wider view of the game. Recommended: "-zoom 2000"
  • Type the "-temper" ("-t") command to quickly upgrade items. "-temper x", where x is the slot of the item.
  • Enable all pick (AP) by having Random Races on. Cannot be used in single-player mode.
  • Enable draft mode by having Full Shared Unit Control enabled.
  • Enable random hero mode (AR) by having Random Hero enabled. This works with draft mode.
  • The difficulty set for the AI (Easy/Normal/Insane) affects how fast they level and their purchasing power for items.
  • Visit the wiki for more info!

Screenshots

Click to enlarge
[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Gameplay Videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdu65kgHlqA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sk7v1Ttds8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS5EQY4Ti_M

Battlefields

Stormwail Peak - Battle for control over obelisks
Overview
[​IMG]

Gloomreap Mire - Hire and defend Digmasters to harvest Gloomite for your team
Overview
[​IMG]

Kedge's Landing - Seize the Moontear and control it until it is fully charged
Overview
[​IMG]

Verdant Falls - Capture shrines when they activate by eliminating the enemy heroes
Overview
[​IMG]

Candleburg - Push the Explosives Laden Zepplin into your opponent's base in this one lane map
Overview
[​IMG]

Keywords:
EotA, Eve of the Apocalypse, Twilight, DarnYak
Contents

EotA: Twilight (v. 1.16c6) (Map)

Reviews
19:23, 3rd Jun 2008 Gilles: Amazing map. My personal favorite wc3 map to date. Although the AI could use some work.
  1. zlowly

zlowly

Resources:
    Resources:
    feeling like nostalgic with a old map but this old map at last get updated because it's dead bcos the patch...

2. doomcaptin

doomcaptin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great map! The Only Feedback I Have Is The AI Is OP. They Level Up Too Fast.

3. DarnYak

DarnYak

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    AI's leveling speed depends on if their set to Easy/Normal/Insane - so just use a lower one unless you want a challenge.

4. Allain55X

Allain55X

Resources:
    Resources:
    SO what's new in this map? Im not liking this map cuz in DOta its easy to pawn heroes and items there are cool, so BALANCED! But the one I like in your map is its more of tactics. Because you can even control tower like that in this game unlike in DOta no. Not to offend you on my statement of I like DOTA more but I like your map too! +REP to you!

5. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Resources:
    How exactly do the tavern heroes work? On one particularly long playthrough I noticed a Marksman and Blackguard became available for hire again (they were the first and third I'd hired), rather than respawning normally. Also it'd be nice to have a visible cooldown so you know when the tavern is open again.

6. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    So when's the official launch of the stand alone EotA? Seriously. It should happen.

7. DarnYak

DarnYak

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Gilles: Yea, I wish.

Tavern heroes only hang around for 2 deaths before going back to the tavern, and taverns have a 5 minute cooldown between purchases. It hadn't occurred to me how unclear this was in game.

Also just a general FYI: There's been a lot of "test" releases on the official forums, in this subforum. They tend to have a sufficient new changes that I don't deem them worthy for release here, even though they're actually fairly stable. In other words, updates to this map aren't quite dead yet.

DarnYak

8. LeonXardo66

LeonXardo66

Resources:
    Resources:
    wow,, it's look cool, Spell is great, terrain alos great, hero?? maybe good and gameplay almost like dota, but actually not 99% dota, anyway good work.. make it look cool for next update.. it's time for me to ply wth my friend for this map..

9. Jouven

Jouven

Resources:
    Resources:
    They won't let me rate it before commenting it... sigh

This map goooood there isn't any game or other map like it, that's why I still play it because no game/map/younameit has done it better for me. Been playing it, now I can say it, for 10 years!, though there been periods of time where I didn't play war3 at all (damn wow), but I did played it on 2004-2007 and now I'm still playing it, I retook it about one and half year ago and we do games every weekend Saturdays and Sundays.

This is a macro game/map make no mistake, except for the smaller maps (yes this map has 5 maps layouts on the same map), where map control mechanics matter more than trying to pk a lot.

Right now the AI is really good, maybe too much, the hero balance is quite good with few exceptions, check the forums to check what's going on about it.

My only complains are some nerfed heroes, again check the forums, and the capture mode currently not working, but for the rest it's awesome.

You can play it alone, with other players against the AI, it can be quite challenging, or human vs human.

10. nhs325

nhs325

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is one of the best maps since Warcraft 3 history. Really. If this map turn into a MOBA game, Damn! Good.
    The only thing I hate are skills that Hero-target only. You might want to make those skills Creep-target too. Like Fenir, that guy(wolf) sucks when no hero on the map.

11. raphaelnato123

raphaelnato123

Resources:
    Resources:
    This game is quite fun. The AI is good and the game play is good.
    This is a great game because there are different ways on different maps to achieve victory
    and there's nearly no bugs that i've seen. :smile:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  12. shadow2632

shadow2632

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I cant believe this is updating once again, AWESOME!

Please keep the good work up :)

13. ShadowShaman.mn

ShadowShaman.mn

Resources:
    Resources:
  14. nhs325

nhs325

Resources:
    Resources:
    wait, so i read about the Fel Horde in this this map, but how to choose it?
    change my race to orcs doesnt work...

15. San

San

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    One of the best AOS EVAAAAAR

16. Manipulation

Manipulation

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is this still under development?

This seems way more detailed that Dota. I like that skills scale based on attributes and there are actually build options (playing the same hero differently). This is what i want from a moba.
    I played one game but i noticed there are no cooldowns for the skills when there should be :)

Are there any ppl interested in playing this?

EDIT:
    Whats the max lvl? can u max all your skills?
    Also skills dont mention their range.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  17. Alexen

Alexen

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    This "AoS" is like the World War 3 2000 years in the future. It has no sense at all, skills are totally imbalanced and too much chaos is caused by them. The huge amount of effects is what makes this map played. I can't see the personal role of a hero(tank, support, carry, assassin etc) since all of them are like , use a spell, cause chaos everywhere. I can't give it more than 3/5.

18. the.BIT

the.BIT

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cool landscape! Boy, give me this terrain?

19. Lake Bodom

Lake Bodom

Resources:
    Resources:
    If shortly, every/any EotA is addictive for dozens of hours. I have just spent 5 hours playing this and found myself very late evening.
    the same with the EotA:Exodus which i played long ago and just recently 3 times. You guys make amazing maps with unusual appearance, skills heroes...just love your maps/games. You guys rule!!