1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

EotA: Twilight (v. 1.16c6)

Submitted by DarnYak
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.

Eve of the Apocalypse: Twilight

Looking for games?
Feel free to drop in the regular games on Sunday 4pm EST / 1pm PST on BNet East in Clan EotA.
You can also join the EotA steam group to receive alerts for organized games.

Eve of the Apocalypse: Twilight, often referred to as EotA, is an exceptional Aeon of Strife-style map with distinctive gameplay and custom graphical effects. In this epic clash for survival, two factions are at war over an ancient artifact of immense power, with the loser facing inevitable doom in the coming apocalypse. Strategy and teamwork will be necessary to ensure victory.

Features

• Five different battlefields with their own unique objective
  • Variety of map options to customize the playing experience, such as draft mode or changing the spawn rate
  • Decide which faction you belong to from the three different factions that have their own specialized units
  • 38 playable heroes with six custom skills each
  • Item tempering allows a simple, yet versatile way to gain stronger items
  • Emphasizes teamwork and assisting the team by coordinating with allies and supporting troops
  • Advanced computer AI to fill empty player slots or take over leavers

Quick Tips

• Use teleports at the various bases to quickly enter battle. Heal at fountains, tier 2, or tier 3 bases.
  • Type the "-zoom" command to have a wider view of the game. Recommended: "-zoom 2000"
  • Type the "-temper" ("-t") command to quickly upgrade items. "-temper x", where x is the slot of the item.
  • Enable all pick (AP) by having Random Races on. Cannot be used in single-player mode.
  • Enable draft mode by having Full Shared Unit Control enabled.
  • Enable random hero mode (AR) by having Random Hero enabled. This works with draft mode.
  • The difficulty set for the AI (Easy/Normal/Insane) affects how fast they level and their purchasing power for items.
  • Visit the wiki for more info!

Screenshots

Click to enlarge
[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Gameplay Videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdu65kgHlqA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sk7v1Ttds8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS5EQY4Ti_M

Battlefields

Stormwail Peak - Battle for control over obelisks
Overview
[​IMG]

Gloomreap Mire - Hire and defend Digmasters to harvest Gloomite for your team
Overview
[​IMG]

Kedge's Landing - Seize the Moontear and control it until it is fully charged
Overview
[​IMG]

Verdant Falls - Capture shrines when they activate by eliminating the enemy heroes
Overview
[​IMG]

Candleburg - Push the Explosives Laden Zepplin into your opponent's base in this one lane map
Overview
[​IMG]

Keywords:
EotA, Eve of the Apocalypse, Twilight, DarnYak
Contents

EotA: Twilight (v. 1.16c6) (Map)

Reviews
19:23, 3rd Jun 2008 Gilles: Amazing map. My personal favorite wc3 map to date. Although the AI could use some work.
  1. 19:23, 3rd Jun 2008
    Gilles: Amazing map. My personal favorite wc3 map to date. Although the AI could use some work.

2. emperor_d3st

emperor_d3st

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yay, 1.12. It's been ages since the release of 1.11 :)
    It's a nice AoS, I'm yet to try out the latest version though, so I'll say no more this time.

3. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks to DarnYak for uploading. One of the greatest wc3 maps ever!

4. Templarion

Templarion

Resources:
    Resources:
    Pretty ok map but...
    1) "NOOB"-text is annoying. I can get rid of it myself but others often don't. On the other hand, if I don't want to upgrade scroll on the altar I still have to see that damn text flying around.
    2) Lots of things to learn. Very confusing for the beginners. You should use Loading Screen space to tell goals, tips and tactics. Not to tell any damn story. Stories are secondary. The game itself is the main purpose. When the cinematic ends and game starts - nobody thinks about the story anymore.
    3) Grim Hag's "Charge" ability is imbalanced. I can guess that there are lots of other abilities that needs also balancing.
    4) The idea is pretty basic and very DotA-like. I am already bored of DotA which doesn't make this game any better. Don't clone DotA do new maps with new ideas.

5. Mage_Goo

Mage_Goo

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    i think this is not like that. this is more fun, more challenge than DotA, and this map not clone DotA. this is aos map, and DotA is aos map too, so it may have any same gameplay, but not clone it.
    anyway, nice map but it provide lag to me... 8/10

6. NeverDeath

NeverDeath

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey DarnYak, I haven't played this new version but I just wanted you to know that your map was one of the maps which inspired me to venture into the editor and make my map (A Land Divided AoS), which while I must say is likely nowhere near as intuitive as yours, I've grown pretty proud of. Your map was one of the few high quality AoS maps around when I couldn't stand to play DotA, and it's always been a blast. I'm going to try this new version straight away, and then give you a rating which I expect will be a 5, unless you updated with something that broke the map XD

Edit: Haha yep. Wow man, the last version of this map I'd played was 1.11e, and this latest change is what I call an UP-DATE. 5/5, absolutely. Can't wait to try out all these new classes :)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  7. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    This is easily my favorite warcraft 3 map ever made. 5/5 excellent in every way.

I wish there were more terrain regions and heroes, but shit you've got heroes coming already and I wouldn't doubt terrains.

8. hotdog911

hotdog911

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've only played this map once and I have 2 words for you...

Hellz yez

9. Vixen

Vixen

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You should know who made this map first, dota clone eota.
    This is the best map ever, dota has very limited features, eota more fun, more challenging..

10. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    And you should know too considering both DotA and EotA are based on AoS and neither is copying each other.

11. Zinive

Zinive

Resources:
    Resources:
    This map is just awesome and deserves my 5/5 I can't wait for 1.13

12. FrozenFenrir

FrozenFenrir

Resources:
    Resources:
    uhm...
    could u nerf Eidolon's shield spell? its way too overpowerd...
    blocking dmg and uber hp with such a small cd and mana cost makes him nearly invincible..even at lvl 1 X_x

13. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    lrn2ply

I'm kidding, I think it's a bit OP too, but there are definitely ways around it. Nuke it hard enough and it comes off pretty fast.

So what's up with this new Fel Orc I heard about on the eota forum? How do I get him?

14. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    You need to modify the additional settings before the game starts (before you begin hosting)

It's "random races" i believe (or is it random heroes...?)

The new heroes are nice, but I believe for the way eota is played eidolon is a little overpowered. Between it's shield and it's stump it can become nearly invincible.

I'd reccomend posting bugs or suggestions to the eota website though.

15. FrozenFenrir

FrozenFenrir

Resources:
    Resources:
    even if u do...due to its pretty short cooldown he can set up his shield again in no time so u need 2 or more heroes to kill him

16. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    I fought 1v1 with a friend, and he could fight me just fine. He had to revert to cheaper tactics since I could overpower him, but it all worked out in the end. He's a bit of an easy hero to play, but not necessarily OP. Or not that OP.

That new Hero seems more OP to me.

17. FrozenFenrir

FrozenFenrir

Resources:
    Resources:
    me and my friend fought against eidolon and couldnt kill him together...
    and we are both aos veterans so...
    hes just friggin lame if u buy as much int items as u can...

18. xXMalakXx

xXMalakXx

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lot more fun as Dota ;)²

19. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, he seemed a bit OP when I played him. The roots talent is way too good.