• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

EotA: Twilight (v. 1.16c6)

Eve of the Apocalypse: Twilight

Looking for games?
Feel free to drop in the regular games on Sunday 4pm EST / 1pm PST on BNet East in Clan EotA.
You can also join the EotA steam group to receive alerts for organized games.
Eve of the Apocalypse: Twilight, often referred to as EotA, is an exceptional Aeon of Strife-style map with distinctive gameplay and custom graphical effects. In this epic clash for survival, two factions are at war over an ancient artifact of immense power, with the loser facing inevitable doom in the coming apocalypse. Strategy and teamwork will be necessary to ensure victory.

Features

• Five different battlefields with their own unique objective
  • Variety of map options to customize the playing experience, such as draft mode or changing the spawn rate
  • Decide which faction you belong to from the three different factions that have their own specialized units
  • 38 playable heroes with six custom skills each
  • Item tempering allows a simple, yet versatile way to gain stronger items
  • Emphasizes teamwork and assisting the team by coordinating with allies and supporting troops
  • Advanced computer AI to fill empty player slots or take over leavers
Quick Tips

• Use teleports at the various bases to quickly enter battle. Heal at fountains, tier 2, or tier 3 bases.
  • Type the "-zoom" command to have a wider view of the game. Recommended: "-zoom 2000"
  • Type the "-temper" ("-t") command to quickly upgrade items. "-temper x", where x is the slot of the item.
  • Enable all pick (AP) by having Random Races on. Cannot be used in single-player mode.
  • Enable draft mode by having Full Shared Unit Control enabled.
  • Enable random hero mode (AR) by having Random Hero enabled. This works with draft mode.
  • The difficulty set for the AI (Easy/Normal/Insane) affects how fast they level and their purchasing power for items.
  • Visit the wiki for more info!
Screenshots

Click to enlarge

Battlefields

Stormwail Peak - Battle for control over obelisks

Gloomreap Mire - Hire and defend Digmasters to harvest Gloomite for your team

Kedge's Landing - Seize the Moontear and control it until it is fully charged

Verdant Falls - Capture shrines when they activate by eliminating the enemy heroes

Candleburg - Push the Explosives Laden Zepplin into your opponent's base in this one lane map
Keywords:
EotA, Eve of the Apocalypse, Twilight, DarnYak
Contents

EotA: Twilight (v. 1.16c6) (Map)

Reviews
19:23, 3rd Jun 2008 Gilles: Amazing map. My personal favorite wc3 map to date. Although the AI could use some work.
Level 20
Map Score Description

Review Description:
Map Description:
-Tells the map description, whether it is good or not. If it lacking with some screenshots or videos, features and many other things that describes the map description.
-Total of 15/15 points
Originality:
-Describes if the map is Original and not taken by other authors or players. If it is taken from the other map maker, be sure that you have the permission to upload the map from the author.
-Total of 10/10 points
Gameplay:
-Tells the gameplay of the map, whether it is smooth to play and not buggy, or rough to play and too many bugs to found. If there is many bugs, the map maker must fix it in order to make the map approve.
-Total of 15/15 points
Terrain:
-Tells the terrain of the map, if it is not flat nor there a no doodads in the wrong places, or if it is flat and the doodads are in the wrong places. If it is flat and the doodads are all in the wrong places, the map maker must re-work with the terrain and make it not flat, or too ugly when the players look about it.
-Total of 15/15 points
Storyline:
-Describes how the story starts and when it ends, the storyline must not be too short or need to end without any reason. If there are no Storyline given in the map, the points will be perfect 20.
-Total of 20/20 points
Custom Abilities, Units, Items, Doodads:
-Tells if there are any custom abilities or spells, if there are, then it should be base on GUI or Triggers not on the Object Editor. Custom Units are the most important role in Map Making, every map maker must have Custom Units in order to Approve his/her map, if the map base on Melee Game, then the score will be perfect 25. The Custom Items, The most enjoyable extra abilities that the hero can carried, every Custom Maps (Not Melee Maps) must have Custom Items in order to polish his/her game. Custom Doodads, basically, the Custom Doodads is useful when polishing your game and in creating extra doodads in your map. Custom Doodads as well is okay if you don't have this in your map. If your map is an Melee Game Type, then the score of it should be perfect 25.
-Total of 25/25 points

Score System
1 - 10 Your map is very bad Rejected, No Rep
11 - 20 Fix your map, it is bad Rejected, No Rep
21 - 30 Not bad at all Approve, No rep
31 - 50 Good map Approve, + Rep
51 - 70 No bug and smooth game Approve, + Rep
71 - 90 Highly Recommended, Free at Bugs, Smooth Gameplay, The Terrain is not flat and the Grammar and the Spelling has no Type Errors. Approve, + Rep
91 - 100 Director's Cut, Super Free at Bugs, This map is the best map I ever seen in Warcraft! Approve, + Rep

-15 + 10 + 15 + 15 + 20 + 25 = 100

UndeadImmortal's Review
UndeadImmortal's EotA: Twilight (v. 1.13e5) Map Review:

Map Description:
-The description needs some fix, like adding color, Screenshots (or Videos).
-Total of 12/15 points
Originality:
-It is not original at all, an AoS Style map that changes the terrain :D.
-Total of 9/10 points
Gameplay:
-It feels like I'm playing the best Warcraft 3 Map ever!... An AI, balanced gamaplay, smooth to play, fun to play... Free at bugs and no leaks with the triggers, good job! :D.
-Total of 15/15 points
Terrain:
-You can choose your own terrain :D... Balanced terrain style that makes the player fun to play.
-Total of 13/15 points
Storyline:
-There was no storyline given, perfect 20.
-Total of 20/20 points
Custom Abilities, Units, Items, Doodads:
-Many Custom Heroes, Items, Units and Doodads... Very fun to play with the heroes with their own Custom Abilities and Items to build with.
-Total of 24/25 points

Score System
-12 + 9 + 15 + 13 + 20 + 24 =
(Hover your mouse over the black area to show your score)

91 - 100 Director's Cut, Super Free at Bugs, This map is the best map I ever seen in Warcraft! Approve, + Rep

That's all :D

Alright, my brother made most of this.
Hopefully you'll be able to understand some of the terms we used here.

HEROES
United Creeps

Acid ReaverA talent that gives the charge skill damage depending on how far Bane traveled?
A talent that allows acid rain to damage units even after leaving the AoE for a certain duration?

Scarab
A talent that instantly kills a unit below a certain percentage of HP under the effects of nightmare. 5-15%?
A talent that allows Smite to damage surrounding units for a percentage of the original damage.

Colossus
Talent that makes the rock thrown larger.
Improve the ultimate. The area it affects is easy to escape even if you lay down your slowing, stunning skill.

Elder Treant
Talent that makes the Entangling Treant have a little more health or one that makes the killer suffer some negative effect or damage.
Indicate what more levels of the ultimate does.
Talent that allows units brought back by rebirth to have little mana. 10% at first research and 30% at max?
Increasing HP healed with Cannibalism and increasing the time that the HP is healed makes healing slower although larger in amount.

Arboreal Crusader
Tangleweed is easily visible and countered, especially by ranged units.
Ultimate skill is somewhat easy to avoid, since spells must be cast before it may do damage. Haven't thought of a way to improve it yet...

Dread Shaman
Talent to increase number of bounces of attack?

Arcane Mistress
No comments.

Master of the Hunt
Wider Wolf Pack AoE.

Icespinner
A talent for the Frozen Spire to have a minor slowing effect?
A talent for the webs spun to be improved in duration.

Grim Hag
Swoop skill requires a target unit, making it much too easy to dodge. Maybe change it to target point instead?
Elven Battalion

Rune KnightTalent that increases Siphon Mana rune's hitpoints?
Rune Shield skill seems much too strong. Even AI become nearly invincible.

Blazing Priest
Ultimate skill damage dependency on stats? It wouldn't be overpowered because it's not instantaneous. (Grand Rune kills 5 heroes at once)

Mystic Swashbuckler
A talent that makes units recently affected by Mockery damaged by a non-hero unit become hexed again.

Time Cleric
-spells command for her does not work.
A talent that gives her evocation spells a small, increasing slow on the target.
A talent that gives her heal spell a chance to be cast again onto a nearby, friendly unit.
Maybe a way to control the clones even by a little bit. Sucks when they stay and die for the cooldown is looooong.

Arcane Archer
Increasing levels of the Meteor increases the AoE of the skill, making it harder to focus damage. Maybe don't increase the AoE of the skill too much or increase the AoE of each meteor along with the skill.
Mention what skills the familiar gains on the tooltip.
Mass Haste seems out of place since all her other skills are gradual healing/damage/duration.

Aeromancess
Soar animation bugs when she is killed while flying.
Her Maelstrom buffed by Requiem's fire sometimes causes fatal error.

Divine Wizard
Maybe a talent to increase the AoE of the Energy Drain skill.

Infiltrator
Attack of Opportunity doesn't seem to work when the unit is in the smoke screen.

Tactician
A talent that allows control over some promoted units?
Maybe explain how other heroes may add their own effect to the banner. Until now even I don't know how that works.
-spells command does not show the damage dealt by the Great Bow active version.

Soul Binder
Nice work making a unique hero. No mana regeneration is great.
Grim Brigade

Sorrow LiegeA talent that transfers all of the damage taken by the prince to active royal guards when he is below a certain health percentage.
A talent that improves healing innefectivity on the target.
Maybe indicate how much damage the bastion deals?
Reinforce says it will teleport units to the target location. Must units be loaded into the bastion before they are teleported to the target area? If so, please indicate; otherwise the skill seems to be faulty.
A talent that improves the durability of the fortress.

Behemoth
A talent that increases the hitpoints of the anchor by set amounts and giving the units slowed by it a minor DPS and slight increase in the pull-back stun chance. (Heavier Burden)
Increase the hitpoints of zombies of R.I.P. Tide or make them become unaffected by their own explosion. They tend to kill themselves.
High Tide AoE dependent on the level of Reek?
A hero in between two anchors and happens to be pulled back will cause a fatal error. Hero was being pulled by both anchors simultaneously.

Emberwraith
A talent that gives corona smaller rings that border inside and out and deal a percentage of the original ring's damage.

Forlorn Martyr
A talent to maybe improve the speed of Streaks. I see the skill similar to Fenris' dream run, so speed becomes key for the chase.

Defiler
Exploding Corpses, like Tangleweed, are easy to spot. The problem with this one arises when health bars are always shown. Hence, they are easily avoided.

Incarnation
No comments.

High Oracle
A talent that makes units that take fall damage from the ultimate deal AoE damage around them.
A talent that increases the max units healed by Ki Blitz.

Putrid Eidolon
Prolonging the ultimate skill is sort of useless. Delays the explosion and gives enemies the chance to destroy the Protector or escape the blast.
A talent that improves the durability of the protector, for it becomes quite easy to destroy mid-game onwards.

Ascendant
Maybe a talent that makes the number of lightning bolts striking the area increase?

Nephilim
Maybe the talents section can be used to list down Ivarhem's skills, so players know what the skill can do exactly. Just maybe.
BlackguardDoom Hammer damages before the projectile hits the target.
No visible effect for the second, slow + damage skill; which makes it hard to determine if the damage hit or not.
MAPS

MireMaybe explain how the players may aid in gaining control over the area.

Kedge's Landing
The quests say that some wagon will try to return the moontear after enough experience has been gained. Is this true or does the moontear really just disappear? Also, the quests say that the moontears provide energy for the team. Is the energy there food or healing for the hero in possession?
The towers eventually get destroyed after battle over control.

Candleburg
Maybe explain what the lumber mills are for? I don't know what they are for myself.
GAMEPLAY
Maybe explain how potatoes of the apocalypse work? It would be helpful for newcomers.
Team 1 usually gets the United Creeps and team 2 usually gets the Grim Brigade. Is this intentional?
Creep waves indicate that their attack may be improved via research, but no matter how much time passes they don't get any stronger. Is the system that will be used to improve them still in the works?

Great game! Hope work continues to be done for its improvement. Definitely not a DotA clone.
My final rating: 4.8/5; Vote for Director's Cut

Mind you, brother isn't too experienced with some of the aspects of the World Editor. Some of his comments (I didn't read all of it) may seem a bit impossible or so.

My quick review; since I was too lazy to format this.

Fenris (Master of the Hunt) kicks ass, and so does Serra (Infiltrator). That's all. :)
Just joking.
Anyway, the terrain is very good, I liked the wide, open spaces and the numerous hiding places or areas where you can ambush other heroes. I also liked the periodical terrain changes in the game, it gives a feeling that a long war is actually happening. I would advise not to put any neutrals at all, as the empty spaces could be a 'duel arena' for heroes that go off the lanes.

The shops' items were also very unique, and the upgrading system is pretty good; wherein in other AoS maps with recipes make the game hard to play at first. I also liked the Gloves of Evocation, where a small percentage really does matter. Also try adding a set of gloves that increase other kinds of magic, but not Physical spells.

As for the numerous maps to play in, I liked the different concepts. It gave great variety to each game with the different objectives in each map.

I won't comment on the heroes anymore, I think you have enough up there.

To sum it all up, I really enjoyed this game; and I hope this could be the next most-played WarCraft III map after DotA. I am also planning to play this more on Garena, so people would be able to spread the game around, until it conquers DotA. >:D
Rating: 5/5; Vote for Director's Cut

Level 6
DarnYak might not see them since he's not really active on this site.
Actually it sends me an email so I do see responses here.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm currently undergoing a review/update of all the heroes so I may incorporate some of those talent ideas. I'm unsure how detailed of a response you're hoping from me (I prefer to keep most my discussions on EotA's own forums), but one broad note is a handful of the spells are primarily designed/balanced for sieging buildings and only secondarily for dealing damage to heroes/units (ie Burning Priest's ult, Colossus' ult).

DarnYak

Level 3
as it stands i remember when this map was only one map and two teams... and i still play it with my friend, we go 2v3 against computers since he will not fight against me in any aos style map... and mr yak I offer my thanks for all the hours blown murdering the shit out of the computers... still havent lost to them yet, but they gave us a scare a while back... beckar ro, serra moonslayer, and the blood mage model guy gave eidolon and the undead fire mage of go die a run for our money, but we pulle dout on kedges landing for a finish...

and i believe that this is an update that i do not have!
so AWAY i go to download it

Level 4
SO what's new in this map? Im not liking this map cuz in DOta its easy to pawn heroes and items there are cool, so BALANCED! But the one I like in your map is its more of tactics. Because you can even control tower like that in this game unlike in DOta no. Not to offend you on my statement of I like DOTA more but I like your map too! +REP to you!

Level 28
How exactly do the tavern heroes work? On one particularly long playthrough I noticed a Marksman and Blackguard became available for hire again (they were the first and third I'd hired), rather than respawning normally. Also it'd be nice to have a visible cooldown so you know when the tavern is open again.

Level 6
Gilles: Yea, I wish.

Tavern heroes only hang around for 2 deaths before going back to the tavern, and taverns have a 5 minute cooldown between purchases. It hadn't occurred to me how unclear this was in game.

Also just a general FYI: There's been a lot of "test" releases on the official forums, in this subforum. They tend to have a sufficient new changes that I don't deem them worthy for release here, even though they're actually fairly stable. In other words, updates to this map aren't quite dead yet.

DarnYak

Level 2
wow,, it's look cool, Spell is great, terrain alos great, hero?? maybe good and gameplay almost like dota, but actually not 99% dota, anyway good work.. make it look cool for next update.. it's time for me to ply wth my friend for this map..

Level 4
They won't let me rate it before commenting it... sigh

This map goooood there isn't any game or other map like it, that's why I still play it because no game/map/younameit has done it better for me. Been playing it, now I can say it, for 10 years!, though there been periods of time where I didn't play war3 at all (damn wow), but I did played it on 2004-2007 and now I'm still playing it, I retook it about one and half year ago and we do games every weekend Saturdays and Sundays.

This is a macro game/map make no mistake, except for the smaller maps (yes this map has 5 maps layouts on the same map), where map control mechanics matter more than trying to pk a lot.

Right now the AI is really good, maybe too much, the hero balance is quite good with few exceptions, check the forums to check what's going on about it.

My only complains are some nerfed heroes, again check the forums, and the capture mode currently not working, but for the rest it's awesome.

You can play it alone, with other players against the AI, it can be quite challenging, or human vs human.

Level 9
This is one of the best maps since Warcraft 3 history. Really. If this map turn into a MOBA game, Damn! Good.
The only thing I hate are skills that Hero-target only. You might want to make those skills Creep-target too. Like Fenir, that guy(wolf) sucks when no hero on the map.

Level 2
This game is quite fun. The AI is good and the game play is good.
This is a great game because there are different ways on different maps to achieve victory
and there's nearly no bugs that i've seen. :smile:

Last edited:
Level 9
wait, so i read about the Fel Horde in this this map, but how to choose it?
change my race to orcs doesnt work...

Level 1
Is this still under development?

This seems way more detailed that Dota. I like that skills scale based on attributes and there are actually build options (playing the same hero differently). This is what i want from a moba.
I played one game but i noticed there are no cooldowns for the skills when there should be :)

Are there any ppl interested in playing this?

EDIT:
Whats the max lvl? can u max all your skills?
Also skills dont mention their range.

Last edited:

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

This "AoS" is like the World War 3 2000 years in the future. It has no sense at all, skills are totally imbalanced and too much chaos is caused by them. The huge amount of effects is what makes this map played. I can't see the personal role of a hero(tank, support, carry, assassin etc) since all of them are like , use a spell, cause chaos everywhere. I can't give it more than 3/5.

Level 3
If shortly, every/any EotA is addictive for dozens of hours. I have just spent 5 hours playing this and found myself very late evening.
the same with the EotA:Exodus which i played long ago and just recently 3 times. You guys make amazing maps with unusual appearance, skills heroes...just love your maps/games. You guys rule!!