• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Entire map dilemma, no idea the cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello people of Hiveworkshop. I have come to a dilemma on my map which for the past 2 to 3 years of its work i have ignored but now it has become such a problem that my fans are both harassing me and critiquing me for not being able to fix them. So i'm uploading my map onto this thread in the hopes that someone can source what my problems are caused by and find a way of fixing them.

Lets start with one of the minor ones, this one is not really a problem but can be a annoyance to others. It involves every time i delete a unit from the unit editor to try and clear space, my entire world editor crashes. This problem has been asked by a previous map editor on this project and i do not know if he managed to fix it.

Another problem I've has become a real nightmare for my fans is that one of the regions on the terrain in the north west (the isles with elves on it). It has been found that if you build on this island or move units onto it, you will be disconnected from the game and may crash. I have never personally seen this happening but several of my fans have described it to me. I have no idea what is causing this issue.

All i believe this has something to do with the jass or triggers that were included with the map when i continued the work from the previous map editor. I have no understand of working with jass and only minor knowledge of triggering so i believe the problem lies in one of those codes.

I'm sorry if this message is so long and difficult but i really have no were else to turn to. I will understand if nothing can be done to save the map but i ask that you please do not critique my management skills in the map, because that's all i could do to keep order in among'st what i see as chaos.

Yours Sincerely
King_Katanova

Attachments

• Titan Land KoT V1.910 Unprotected.w3x
    9.5 MB · Views: 88
  • Titan Land KoT V1.9121 Unprotected.w3x
    9.4 MB · Views: 93
Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Lets start with one of the minor ones, this one is not really a problem but can be a annoyance to others. It involves every time i delete a unit from the unit editor to try and clear space, my entire world editor crashes. This problem has been asked by a previous map editor on this project and i do not know if he managed to fix it.
Something must be corrupt with the object editor data to cause that. The problem is finding in what way is it corrupt and fixing it. I will try various approaches later to try and at least narrow down the cause.

Another problem I've has become a real nightmare for my fans is that one of the regions on the terrain in the north west (the isles with elves on it). It has been found that if you build on this island or move units onto it, you will be disconnected from the game and may crash. I have never personally seen this happening but several of my fans have described it to me. I have no idea what is causing this issue.
I once had an issue with a "corrupted ground tile", and I am not talking about blight tiles here. Basicly, whenever a unit stepped on this certain tile-type, the game crashed.

You can easily test this by just resetting the tileset temporarily and testing it. Keep a safety copy of your map.

Status
Not open for further replies.