• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Custom Campaign Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello All!

I hope, You can help me with this problem:
I am making my own custom campaign, I made already 16 maps for it, and I imported them into a custom campaign file using campaign editor.

My problem is, that the last map in the storyline doesn't want to be loaded.

I made the following thing surely correctly:
- Previous map has correct "set next level" trigger
- On the loading screen tab in campaign editor I set up correctly the maps to the buttons
- In the previous maps I used correctly the "show custom campaign button" trigger.
-Map names are simple, I typed them correctly
(I checked these many times.)

So I don't know, why does not it work, I have no other idea.

Is there a cap number of maps in a custom campaign?

Level 5
how about if you could put the last map as a first map, would the campaign start then?

i had pretty similar problem, well my campaign didn't start at all.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-and-scripts-269/map-switch-129644/#post1145395

Well the way i found the error (told in that thread) by opening the map from the campaign first (Edit Map) and then on the map i used "Save As" to save it to some location. When i did this it gave me the errors and that's why the map couldnt be ran at all. I fixed those errors and seems to be working now.

Rep for Ap0stasy, was his idea =p

Level 2
I forgot something...

So, if I finish the preveous map, the campaign won't load the last map... AND if I click on the button bound to this last map, It does not want to load as well...

Level 5
Did you try what i told you?
Open World Editor -> Open Campaign Editor -> Open your Custom Campaign u doing -> select the last map which u can't load in the list -> press Edit Map button -> go to into main World Editor and File > Save As and save the map somewhere. After saving it might give some errors and then some triggers become Not Enabled and might lose some object data as well and some units might disappear on the map.

That happened to me and i don't know why it occurred.
EDIT: if u didn't find it from topic here:

Your Problem:

First I wanted to say "your campaign is just screwed".
But I won't...

Allright, I've checked what could be the problem and found out that:
  • In the "Game Init" trigger, the "Choose Sides"-unit that needs to be picked, doesn't exist
  • In the "Melee Init" trigger, the point referring to "Set Startpoint = " doesn't exist.
  • In the "Chosen One" trigger (category "Side and Hero"), the unit that needs to be replaced doesn't exist ("unit - Replace unit with ...")
  • In tutorial 2, the units of which the animation speed changes doesn't exist
  • In tutorial 8, he unit that is ordered to attack doesn't exist

How to solve it?

Simple: push "Save map as" and save it somewhere in the "maps"-folder, then it will normally give a few errors.
Because of those errors, the map can't run.

The errors wont be the same for you ofc (cause there's no possibility you have the same triggers).

Level 2
Yes, I tried, thank you a lot... Indeed some custom units disappeared, and for these some triggers turned off. I will fix it, and I will try to find out the reason.

Level 2
I did the same thing, that you suggested, AlienMaker, I saved as my map, I fixed all of the bugs, but didn't work.
The next I tried; I deleted all of the custom units from the custom campaign file, It didn't work as well.

Is it possible, that this "end game, load map" does not exists on my computer?

Any other idea?

Level 2
UPDATE:
I tried the following:I deleted all of the custom data from the custom campaign file, and does not work.

However the map, when it is NOT imported to the campaign file, works with all of my custom units and models.

Please someone help! I have no other idea.

Where can I upload my map, if I don't want to release it now? So you can see it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.