• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Emoticon Challange #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Welcome to
The Hive Workshop's First

:spell_breaker::infl_thumbs_up::pal:
EMOTICON CHALLANGE

Introduction

Emoticons are image representations of emotion based actions. Currently THW provides a lavish selection of 55 emoticons (16 of which are Warcraft themed) for its users. The purpose of this contest is to provide users with a larger abundance of Warcraft related emoticons to choose from.

The Task
Contestants must create a series of 8 emoticons in 3 weeks. All submitted emoticons must be Night Elf themed. Any submissions with other races (i.e. Humans, Undead, etc) will be discarded. Submitted emoticons do not have to be animated, but contestants may choose to do so. All final entries must be 25x25 pixles in size with a transparent background. Below is a list of the 8 Icons contestants must create:

Emoticons to Create:

Intrigue
Display the character with an intrigued persona.​
Suspense
Display the character showing suspense.​
Apprehensive
Display the character in a fearful mood.​
Bewildered
Display the character with an air of confusion.​
Appalled
Display the character in an air of surprise or shock.​
Cheer
Display the character happily cheering.​
Envious
Display the character with an envious characterization.​
Wildcard
Display the character with a persona of your choice.​

Judging
Judging will be broken down into two categories:
1.) Public Poll 40%
Votes through the public poll will represent 40% of the final vote and will be divided among the contestants.​
2.) Ballot Tally 60%
The Ballot Tally is determined by the number of users who vote for a contestant by filling out the Ballot Form, which will be avaliable in the voting thread. The ballot will represent 60% of the final vote and will be divided among the contestants.​
Finally, the contestent with the highest final percentage will be the victor!

Rewards
The top 3 contestants of the Emoticon Challange #1 will recieve the following rewards:
Rewards

1st Place:..........30 rep..........Winners Icon..
2nd Place:..........15 rep............................
3rd Place:..........10 rep.............................

Rules
  • Contestants must create all submitted emoticons (NO CnP)
  • No emoticon may violate any Hive Workshop site rules.
  • Completed emoticons (.gif files only) must be physically attached to the thread.
  • Final versions of the emoticons must be 25x25 pixles in size with a transparent background.
  • Emoticons must be identifyable
  • Emoticons must follow the Night Elf theme
  • Contestants may not work in teams
  • Emoticons do not have to be animated
  • WIP's are not necessessary but are recommended
  • All final entries must be appropriately titled and contain all 8 icons
  • Any incomplete entries after the deadline will be discarded
  • Deadline may only be extended a maximum of 1 week
  • No guarantee is given that the winning (or any other submission) will be added to THW's forum emoticon selector.

Contestants
All contestants participating in the Emoticon Challange will have their name listed below.

Contestants (0)

Have fun, and try to think outside the box if you're having trouble.

Last edited:
Level 32
Three rules need to be added:
  1. No emoticon may violate any Hive Workshop site rules.

2. Completed emoticons (.gif files only) must be physically attached to the thread.

3. Neither the host nor any judge may participate in the contest.

Also:

Judging
Judging will be broken down into three categories:
1.) Public Poll 50%
Votes through the public poll will represent 50% of the final vote and will be divided among the contestants.​
2.) Best of Show 25%
The contestant picked by judges to have the most eye pleasing icons will be rewarded 25% of the final tally.​
3.) Characterization 25%
The contestant who displays their characters with the best emotion will be awarded 25% of the final tally.​
Is (once again IMO) unclear and will require adjustment.

Level 13
Three rules need to be added:
  1. No emoticon may violate any Hive Workshop site rules.
  2. Completed emoticons (.gif files only) must be physically attached to the thread.
  3. Neither the host nor any judge may participate in the contest.

Alright, I edited the rules in accordiance to Wolverabid's request and changed the judging information. The only rule I left out was "Neither the host nor any judge may participate in the contest. " because I removed the judges from the voting process. Also, I already know I wont be participating lol.

Also the fact that people need to make 8 icons is going a bit overboard perhaps. A set of 4 icons would do fine imo.

I may edit the ammount or extend the time period (seeing how this is just a "rough draft" of the contest). I just figured, contestants would have roughly 2.63 days to spend per emoticon (with 3 weeks time to complete the challange).

Also, you might want to say what size they have to be.....

Done, The Task information has been updated. The size will be 25x25 pixles which is just slightly larger than the orc icons.

WIP.....Any suggestions?

orcrolleyes2zw4.gif
:smile:

EDIT: ??? How did it get so small....Let me fix it...
Test: http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/3826/orcrolleyes2zw4.gif
What??? Is 21x35 and its that small? o_O well, its to big since its that size anyways but...

Attachments

• Orcrolleyes2.gif
    Orcrolleyes2.gif
    747 bytes · Views: 197
  • Orcy1.bmp
    2.2 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Level 13
Sorry for not contacting you yet Wolverabid. I've been having technical problems with my router (mainly because someone keeps connecting to it) and I was forced to spend today securing it. Now I'm trying to configure my printer and I just got my internet back. I'll try to contact you sometime tomorrow or possibly later tonight to discuss the contest.

Also, please nobody submit any entries yet. The contest has not yet started.

Status
Not open for further replies.