• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Emerald Shores - When Naga Come

Reactions: khang2000
Name : Emerald Shores - When Naga Come

Type : FFA (win uses triggers, haven't yet figured out how to account for allies)

Description : Fleets sail from distant lands to loot the treasures of this ancient island. Some even come to brave the mystic defenders of the ancient temple… others know better... but none could have anticipated the coming of the Naga.

The Naga have arrived to wage war on the surface dwellers, boasting powerful aquatic forces that none knew existed before this day.

Outline:
An additional race - Naga
3 new Heroes for the Naga (Sea witch no longer available at tavern)
Full Tech Tree (12 Units, 21 Upgrades)
Computer has a 20% chance of picking Naga (I wrote all the AI's the computer uses for all the races)

Naga Unique Racial Traits:
Amphibious
Researches Tech level instead of upgrading, meaning each tech level is permenant, however has 4 levels instead of 3
Light rapidly trained Reavers for Last Stand Defence

Power Level??
Powerful melee units
Average range units
Weak air units
ALL SEA UNITS XD

Advised Game Play:
Naga benefit from ambush tactics a lot more then any other race due to the large variety of disables, slows and DoTs they have available to them.
Naga are at their strongest in tech 3 (tech 2 for other races) and should use this opportunity to gain map control.
Naga are still formidable in tech 4 (tech 3 to other races) but are quite gold intensive, and need to be in constant combat for their melee powerhouses to benefit. (Namely the Brute)

Heroes:
Naga Siren Queen
.: Queen of the Disables (she has 3)
Naga Tidelord
.: Melee Powerhouse and Castor
Mur'gal Stormweaver
.: Formidable Castor
Naga Sea Witch
.: Good Supporter

Credits
Map by Blizzard
All models and icons from Hive (just type naga...)

My first map ^_^ (that I've uploaded to hive ^_<)
Please rate

Changelog
14/02/09
18:30
Old map =P - AI Updated
18:51
Fixed the Undead AI(Ghouls werent leaving base)
Rebalanced the Mur'gal Fighters
Removed HTML tags as they didnt work T_T
19:00
Upload failed... my fault T_T
15/02/09
06:32
Thanks APproject, i will fix the other errors later today
Removed Fixed player settings (oops =P)
15/02/09
16:00
Fixed spelling errors
Fixed hero trainabiltiy
Fixed Tech Tree failage
Fixed a careless mistake (food produced by some random structures)
16:04
Naga now have first hero free ^_^
23:28
Fixed the upgrade failage from reqorked tech tree
16/02/09
09:11
Rebalanced units - Incursor - lowered armor, Brute - lowered damage upped lifesteal
Rebalanced units - Sea Dragon - lowered hp
20:19
Forgot to remove test units =O

Keywords:
Naga, Melee, Race
Contents

Emerald Shores - When Naga Come (Map)

Reviews
04:29, 30th Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Approve
Level 16
Rating and commenting

[GooD]
1.Costume models
2.Costume icons
3.Good unit arrangement

[Neutrals]
1.First Hero costs gold
2.only 8 buildings
3.Only FFA mode
4.Terrain is not yours

[BaD]
1.No Costume Spells
2.You can train same hero several times

Overall comment: Balanced race map, Several bugs that can be fixed easily.

Rate: 4/5

~knight26~

Level 31
This map is not that bad. But it contains with errors, as like upgrade Full Scale Invasion, many upgrades and units requires it, but when I research it - nothing happens, stuff that required Full Scale Invasion, still requires it. I am talking about Naga race. Why 4 buildings of Naga products 15 Food? Nothing fair, don't you think?

The worst thing was that Full Scale Invasion didn't function for me. You can notice it in the screenshot I made.

mistake2io0.jpg

Afterall, terrain is good, creeps are okay, item drop is also okay.. Also I didn't like Fixed Player Settings, because this map is familliar to melee type map and every person that would play it, might think that it is, but it's not.

I rate this 2/5. Fix the Full Scale Invasion upgrade and my rating will increase by one or even two.

Level 35
Hm... not much originality, really. Is it just me or is every man and his dog posting a map with the Naga as an alternative option? Furthermore, does it seem I'm the only one who is not all that impressed?

What happened to the other races? You can't tell me there's not much to be done, because that would be a lie, and no one achieves anything through telling lies. Yet, everyone just gets real slack-assed and posts a map with one additional race that is often either imbalance or not complete. As your take on the Naga race is obviously 'complete', there is some problem (by some, I mean a whole lot more than you might think) with the balancing.

Spelling mistakes have a tendency to make a map look crappy and unprofessional, although most players are open to the odd typo and minor inconveniences such as that. Your constant mis-spelling of Mur'gul in the Mur'gul Well is atrocious, however, mainly to do with the fact that word is right in front of you. I'm sure most players would look over your mis-spelling of Orb (you had Ord in 'Ord of Water'), as that can be seen as a minor inconvenience. Having 3 extra units with a different spelling to 2 others even though it's supposed to be the same word, however, is near impossible to look past.

Some interesting ideas for your units, yes, but that's about as far as the originality and imagination goes. You seem to be like most amatuer modders are when they first discover that there's a whole world of models to import into your maps: You give them the name that the modeller gave them. This goes for your Naga Incursor, your Naga Brute and the most commonly used model, the Sea Drake. I am (and this is on a personal note) unimpressed by people who try to create an extra melee race through the use of imports. Use your imagination and use the resources available. You certainly did that with the Mur'guls, but that means out of six new units, 3 were based off of models you imported, causing you to base your ideas around them. While certain models might give you great ideas of capabilities and such, when you base the names off of the given ones for all of them, it tends to display a certain lack of imagination.

I am still working on my Extra Races map and the first race I got done was the Naga. I used no imports whatsoever, and have a fully-functional melee race. What you have is interesting, but it seems that with your idea of researching rather than upgrading, you have created a fourth tier. I don't think that this race is functional against the melee races.

I don't think this is very useful, so a 2/5 will do here.

Level 7
@Wazzz

Apologies for the mispelling of Mur'gul and the typo in orb, i obviously mis-read that the first time and have henceforth spelt it wrong - that has been fixed...

I don't think that this race is functional against the melee races.
I can assure you that it is quite balanced, I have tested it against the AI and it won 20% of the time (undead won 40%, human 15%, NE 20%, Orc 5% (yeah, the orc AI is not as good as the others, i will update it asap but first i want to fix the more pressing issues)

However, i am by no means perfect adn if you notice anything that is unbalance, i would appreciate the feedback.

I was tempted to name the Sea Dragon "Leviathon", but after some research discovered it was a tad inaccurate, and being a Dragon i figured, might as well leave it one for the time being.

To be honest... Naga Incursor is a wicked sick name and i really really like it...
Naga Brute is bland though... once i think of a better name it shall change.

I Attempted an 8 race map, however i am quite obsessive (hence only 8 buildings, as I prefer the buildings to match - when more become available (or when i figure out how to model buildings better then i currently can) i shall rework it) And hence why i use multiple imports, and unfortunately the map couldn't handle more then about 20 model imports...

I appreciate that kind of fedback as it helps me improve, thank you

@Knight26

[GooD]
1.Costume models
2.Costume icons
3.Good unit arrangement
[Neutrals]
1.First Hero costs gold
2.only 8 buildings
3.Only FFA mode
4.Terrain is not yours
[BaD]
1.No Costume Spells
2.You can train same hero several times

What do yuo mean by costume spells??
and you can train a hero several time??
-EDIT- Ahh, i changed how the loop worked and forgot to include the limits - ty

It is only FFA mode as i cannot account for allied wins
Only 8 buildings as i am finickity(how do you spell that?)
Blizzard rocks for creating such awesome maps ^_^

@AProject
The worst thing was that Full Scale Invasion didn't function for me. You can notice it in the screenshot I made.
Thanks, i shall look into that
Why 4 buildings of Naga products 15 Food?
Oops, that was my mistake - Fixed

Okay, I'm going to have a look at removing the first hero cost for Naga players
And going to find out whats wrong with my tech tree T_T

Last edited:
Level 31
Alright, you fixed many things, but you also forgot to fix stuff that has the same problem.
First of all, you can train every hero, look at standard bases, every incoming hero requires something and your heroes don't.

Could you explain me this? The thing I noticed and made a screenshot.

mistake51db8.jpg

Well seems like you fixed stuff I showed with heroes, but you forgot to fix it everything with the upgrades, I cannot research 14 upgrades because of the same problem: At the picture.

mistake52wz4.jpg

I won't change my rating yet.

Level 7
ahhh, i forgot to change the upgrade requirements...

I changed how the tech levelling works in the background... rats, i cant believe i forg to upgrades

it will be fixed in 10 mintues time ^_^
-EDIT- Fixed ^_^

Hmm, keep??? thats wierd, ill look into it ^_^
-EDIT- I had a look and couldn't find anything that remotely resembled that, i even tested it twice... what were you doing when that happened??

Last edited:
Level 31
Full Scale Invasion functions well, that's great, but Heroes still requires Keep. Maybe their Altair requiraments are recognized as Keep?

Also I didn't like Naga Incustor Attack 1 - Cooldown Time. Don't you think it's too small? I mean they're being too powerful since they hit enemy units almost 3 times in 2 seconds, don't you think? Especially, when fully upgraded, they do 40 damage. It's equal about 110 damage per two seconds.

mistake6nu6.jpg

Fix heroes' requiraments and my rating will change to 4/5.
I only suggest to change Naga Incustor's cooldown time, I do not require that, so it won't influence the rating.

Great map by the way.

Level 7
I'm reviewing the Naga incrusor now...
-EDIT- Reviewed it - it lost to the tauren, mountain giant and abom, but not the knight
- Therefore it is fine, as it fits into the same category, 3rd tier melee unit. It does more damage then they do, but - has much less health

I honestly cannot find this -keep requirement on the heroes...

does it just do that when you'r playing naga normally?

Can you tell me specifically what you were doing when it happens...

Last edited:
Level 1
Nice map , you don't see so much naga or fel orc custom game maps , but the map it's has some bugs and you made it look like a murloc game than a naga one . But I stiil give you credits for the map and custom units and houses , but you still could put a lumber mill there , because the naga don't have one .