• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Elven Knights

The High Elven Knight that will appear in the CSW campaign.
Blood Elf Knight version added as well.
Wild Quel'Thalas Unicorn (oh and yes, those are lore-friendly) added to the pack.

Animations are taken from the default Knight model, with Dragonhawk Rider seated ontop of Rogue Wizard's horse.
fade-seperator-png.362941

192329-36e4da81c3131ded134ba771f4dff1db.gif
192330-cd14ad74a22917cb028565b4d2daaa59.gif

fade-seperator-png.362941

Credits:
Tamplier777 initial model assembly and animation
Moonman geoset, texture and animation tweaks
Vulfar mount armor concept from his original model
Wemoon early concept
Previews
Contents

Blood Elf Knight (Model)

Blood Elf Knight Portrait (Model)

Elven Knight (Model)

Elven Knight Portrait (Model)

Wild Unicorn (Model)

Wild Unicorn Portrait (Model)

Reviews
Mr Ogre man
Well done, incredibly useful models for elven armies.
Level 13
May I ask, are human kingdoms in CSW planed to have ranged units too? And are Kul Tirans also planed to have their own models?

Level 8
This is what happens when guys appreciate their work. Variants of other units for elves and dwarves. Damn it, it looks like a fairy tale. Sometimes, I don't understand why people don't like Reforged graphics.

Level 6
Model looks pretty much flawless. Nothing stands out as obviously awkward or crude. 5/5.

Level 6
You know I generally like your Models. So I believe you won't get me misunderstand. He is a beautiful model, but the rider is basically a dragon hawk rider. Also, when you look at the in-game portrait, it's even more obvious that he's a dragon hawk rider. If you change his helmet, maybe even his hair color, you can upgrade this beautiful model to a unique one. Just a suggestion. :)

You know I generally like your Models. So I believe you won't get me misunderstand. He is a beautiful model, but the rider is basically a dragon hawk rider. Also, when you look at the in-game portrait, it's even more obvious that he's a dragon hawk rider. If you change his helmet, maybe even his hair color, you can upgrade this beautiful model to a unique one. Just a suggestion. :)
I do get the point, but there's one thing... standard-issue armor is not somehow weird. Both of the units are knights, one is just riding a Quel'Thalas Dragonhawk, the other a Unicorn/Horse. One could put some other shoulderpad or helmet on the rider, but will he become more realistic?

This is a 100% no-troll reply, I think that it makes perfect sense. If someone made an elven spearman, would he really need different armor from the swordsman?

Level 6
I do get the point, but there's one thing... standard-issue armor is not somehow weird. Both of the units are knights, one is just riding a Quel'Thalas Dragonhawk, the other a Unicorn/Horse. One could put some other shoulderpad or helmet on the rider, but will he become more realistic?

This is a 100% no-troll reply, I think that it makes perfect sense. If someone made an elven spearman, would he really need different armor from the swordsman?
If you find it logical that they look exactly the same. The footman in the human race could likewise be mounted on a horse and presented to us as a knight. But they didn't and they created a new look for the knight. Of course, no one expects this from you. That's why I gave you the helmet example. You can camouflage his face, which is exactly the same as the dragon hawk rider, in this way. I can show you a few examples from discord if you want. I don't think this will affect the realism in the slightest. The essence of the job is to separate him from the dragon hawk rider with small touches on the head , hair and face area without changing his armor.
About the last sentence you wrote; You guys are not ordinary model makers as far as I have experienced. So this is a meaningless comparison. If you were a ordinary or ''someone'', I wouldn't feel the need to do this constructive criticism and I'd write a nice model and move on.

Last edited:
Level 48
Yeah, in terms of realism it's no big deal - but for more variety in-game, a clearer degree of separation between two units will make it easier to use both of them in the same map/campaign. Personally it's one of my goals when creating models (for Classic) - making sure they don't look like what they're based on or a different unit from the game, especially one from the same race.

ShadiHD

Hosted Project: W3CSW
Level 31
BTW can you make the Night Elf Knight as well ? And also Night Elf Druid Knight ?
apologies, we don't do comissions (at least right now), because we're knee-deep in development of CSW, those models we share on regular bases are assets that are part of our development.

Level 1
Hello i downloaded the model and the horse its white for me in both elven and blood elf model , how can i fix it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    623.1 KB · Views: 63
Hello i downloaded the model and the horse its white for me in both elven and blood elf model , how can i fix it?
Import the dds file into the map editor. Go to Import Manager, right click import file, and then get the dds file of this model.

Level 2
I really hope that for the creation of these models you were inspired by my work, which I threw off to you earlier, in particular. I would be very glad to at least indirectly participate in its creation. :)
P.s. glued together in Photoshop from different characters

Attachments

• 21F515D5-F150-4824-93EA-F91FC6451E88.jpeg
    21F515D5-F150-4824-93EA-F91FC6451E88.jpeg
    121.2 KB · Views: 125
I really hope that for the creation of these models you were inspired by my work, which I threw off to you earlier, in particular. I would be very glad to at least indirectly participate in its creation. :)
Quite possible, although if it's the case we were adapting @Vulfar's model for a non-hero version.
Thank you for clarification!

ShadiHD

Hosted Project: W3CSW
Level 31
thank you for bringing it up, however I'd like to say that our concept was well over 1 year old, and I personally chose the Dragonhawk rider as a base for the model with some tweaks, other than that, we admire all concepts of the same model :D

for some reason, once ive saved the map, with the unit placed on it, my pc refuse to then load the map again.... before i closed the map however, i did test run it, and everything went well. so glad though i testet this model on a backup kopi of the map im making. couse as i said, it wont load the map again if the unit is placed on the map.

i testet seveal steps on that point.... saved opened the map, unit was made, went fine. placed the unit, saved and loaded the map, broken.

thanx for this cool model :)

there is an issue that, if placed on the editor map, you save, close the map, and open it again, it wont open. but as long it is kept as a unit that only is trained from buildings, it works fantastic and is an amazing peace of art.... well be sure to recomend this one around, along with said issue/warning.

for some reason, once ive saved the map, with the unit placed on it, my pc refuse to then load the map again.... before i closed the map however, i did test run it, and everything went well. so glad though i testet this model on a backup kopi of the map im making. couse as i said, it wont load the map again if the unit is placed on the map.

i testet seveal steps on that point.... saved opened the map, unit was made, went fine. placed the unit, saved and loaded the map, broken.

thanx for this cool model :)

there is an issue that, if placed on the editor map, you save, close the map, and open it again, it wont open. but as long it is kept as a unit that only is trained from buildings, it works fantastic and is an amazing peace of art.... well be sure to recomend this one around, along with said issue/warning.
I'll check him out, it may be a pre-1.33 issue

I'll check him out, it may be a pre-1.33 issue
ive also since found that the unit is silent. has no voice or anything like that, not even talk animation, but it is an acceptable thing not being there. only attack animation has sound, most likely do to it depends on whatever its pierce, slash or blunt, rather then of the model.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
ive also since found that the unit is silent. has no voice or anything like that, not even talk animation, but it is an acceptable thing not being there. only attack animation has sound, most likely do to it depends on whatever its pierce, slash or blunt, rather then of the model.
you mean no facefx nor lipsync???

Level 18
Awesome rendition of a cavalry unit for an Elven faction. With the bonus addition of having both variants for BE and HE.

(sorry for the ping :( )