Elven Knights

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
The High Elven Knight that will appear in the CSW campaign.
Blood Elf Knight version added as well.
Wild Quel'Thalas Unicorn (oh and yes, those are lore-friendly) added to the pack.

Animations are taken from the default Knight model, with Dragonhawk Rider seated ontop of Rogue Wizard's horse.
fade-seperator-png.362941

192329-36e4da81c3131ded134ba771f4dff1db.gif
192330-cd14ad74a22917cb028565b4d2daaa59.gif

fade-seperator-png.362941

Credits:
Tamplier777 initial model assembly and animation
Moonman geoset, texture and animation tweaks
Vulfar mount armor concept from his original model
Previews
Contents

Blood Elf Knight (Model)

Blood Elf Knight Portrait (Model)

Elven Knight (Model)

Elven Knight Portrait (Model)

Wild Unicorn (Model)

Wild Unicorn Portrait (Model)

Level 12
May I ask, are human kingdoms in CSW planed to have ranged units too? And are Kul Tirans also planed to have their own models?

Level 5
This is what happens when guys appreciate their work. Variants of other units for elves and dwarves. Damn it, it looks like a fairy tale. Sometimes, I don't understand why people don't like Reforged graphics.

Level 3
Model looks pretty much flawless. Nothing stands out as obviously awkward or crude. 5/5.

Level 5
You know I generally like your Models. So I believe you won't get me misunderstand. He is a beautiful model, but the rider is basically a dragon hawk rider. Also, when you look at the in-game portrait, it's even more obvious that he's a dragon hawk rider. If you change his helmet, maybe even his hair color, you can upgrade this beautiful model to a unique one. Just a suggestion. :)

You know I generally like your Models. So I believe you won't get me misunderstand. He is a beautiful model, but the rider is basically a dragon hawk rider. Also, when you look at the in-game portrait, it's even more obvious that he's a dragon hawk rider. If you change his helmet, maybe even his hair color, you can upgrade this beautiful model to a unique one. Just a suggestion. :)
I do get the point, but there's one thing... standard-issue armor is not somehow weird. Both of the units are knights, one is just riding a Quel'Thalas Dragonhawk, the other a Unicorn/Horse. One could put some other shoulderpad or helmet on the rider, but will he become more realistic?

This is a 100% no-troll reply, I think that it makes perfect sense. If someone made an elven spearman, would he really need different armor from the swordsman?

Level 5
I do get the point, but there's one thing... standard-issue armor is not somehow weird. Both of the units are knights, one is just riding a Quel'Thalas Dragonhawk, the other a Unicorn/Horse. One could put some other shoulderpad or helmet on the rider, but will he become more realistic?

This is a 100% no-troll reply, I think that it makes perfect sense. If someone made an elven spearman, would he really need different armor from the swordsman?
If you find it logical that they look exactly the same. The footman in the human race could likewise be mounted on a horse and presented to us as a knight. But they didn't and they created a new look for the knight. Of course, no one expects this from you. That's why I gave you the helmet example. You can camouflage his face, which is exactly the same as the dragon hawk rider, in this way. I can show you a few examples from discord if you want. I don't think this will affect the realism in the slightest. The essence of the job is to separate him from the dragon hawk rider with small touches on the head , hair and face area without changing his armor.
About the last sentence you wrote; You guys are not ordinary model makers as far as I have experienced. So this is a meaningless comparison. If you were a ordinary or ''someone'', I wouldn't feel the need to do this constructive criticism and I'd write a nice model and move on.

Last edited:
Level 44
Yeah, in terms of realism it's no big deal - but for more variety in-game, a clearer degree of separation between two units will make it easier to use both of them in the same map/campaign. Personally it's one of my goals when creating models (for Classic) - making sure they don't look like what they're based on or a different unit from the game, especially one from the same race.