• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Elven Knights (AoW)

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Those are our Elven Knights for our Elven Factions that we are going to use for our project:

Follow our progress here.
Here is the model Video Preview:

Co-Creator deme3s
For more info contact me.

tools that was used to make these models:
Retera's Model Studio
Photoshop
CASC Explorer
MdlVis 1.41
Jm2converter

Original Model from Blizzard.

If you want to edit the model contact me
If you use it credit us.
Stay Tuned!
Previews
Contents

Blood Knight Icon (Icon)

Blood Knight (Model)

Blood Knight Portrait (Model)

High Elf Knight Icon (Icon)

High Elven Knight (Model)

High Elf Knight Portrait (Model)

Level 5
These models are great and have a solid unique look @Darious , unfortunately they also have flaws :

- The absence of the first attack animation (the sword blow) in favor of the shield (which is very beautiful though) has something disturbing ingame, models rarely have only one attack animation especially melee units, it gives the Attack 2 animation a sluggish look, I think you should have kept the sword instead of replacing it by a shield (which by the way is already the Footman's signature equipement).

- The lack of Team Color Texture, one of the basic rules of a good model is to be able to identify the team of the unit at one glance and from any angle, for that it is necessary to apply Team Color Textures to clearly visible places which is not really the case here, at least not enough. Besides the Blood Elf's armor is way too black, you should apply Team Color Textures to those spots instead.

- There is also this kind of ugly luminous aura that surrounds the unicorns, it not only hurts the eyes but in addition, it further hinders the identification of the Team Color. I highly recommend removing it, it just looks like a graphical glitch.

It's a shame because these guys really have everything to be the perfect elven equivalents of the Knight, but that's not it yet.

Level 23
These models are great and have a solid unique look @Darious , unfortunately they also have flaws :

- The absence of the first attack animation (the sword blow) in favor of the shield (which is very beautiful though) has something disturbing ingame, models rarely have only one attack animation especially melee units, it gives the Attack 2 animation a sluggish look, I think you should have kept the sword instead of replacing it by a shield (which by the way is already the Footman's signature equipement).

- The lack of Team Color Texture, one of the basic rules of a good model is to be able to identify the team of the unit at one glance and from any angle, for that it is necessary to apply Team Color Textures to clearly visible places which is not really the case here, at least not enough. Besides the Blood Elf's armor is way too black, you should apply Team Color Textures to those spots instead.

- There is also this kind of ugly luminous aura that surrounds the unicorns, it not only hurts the eyes but in addition, it further hinders the identification of the Team Color. I highly recommend removing it, it just looks like a graphical glitch.

It's a shame because these guys really have everything to be the perfect elven equivalents of the Knight, but that's not it yet.
Thanks for the feedback, I will take your suggestions into consideration and update him in the future.

Such a huge improvement from the original versions, especially the blood knight.
-Having only 1 attack is fine.
-The horse should have some Team colour, the knight has barely enough (but enough nonetheless).
-The horn light can be replaced by a fresnel, which looks much more realistic than an additive geoset. Adding one is incredibly easy, and they can also be teamcoloured. You can check the ghosts or the spirit wolves' .mdls and copy the fresnel to the geoset.

I'll check it out for bugs or optimisation thingies, but they look pretty damn good from what I'm seeing.

Level 23
I have followed the rules and I get the model with parts not loaded, I have restarted 2 times the editor and it is not corrected. What do I do wrong?
From what I see you haven't inserted the following textures correctly:
  • High_Elf_Knight_set_Diffuse.dds
  • High_Elf_Knight_set_emissive.dds
  • High_Elf_Knight_Set_Normal.dds
  • High_Elf_Knight_Set_Orm.dds

Level 2
Amazing like all your stuff. Is there any chance you could post your elf hero that has the greatsword of the sin'dorei model? I absolutely adore it and would love to use it in a map.