• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Elune's Arrow v1.1

Hero releases an arrow,hitting and stunning the first target it encounters.
The farest the enemy is more time he gets stunned.

*This spell was meant to resemle Mirana's Elune Arrow from DotA.

-Initial Release v1.0
-Fixed an Array bug v1.1
Contents

Elune's Arrow (Map)

Reviews
01:21, 7th Nov 2009 Hanky: Since it's basicly a cnp of a spell from DotA I can't give you much extra points for your idea. Also your solution how to reset the index is pretty messy. Well whatever for this spell it'll work so far. But apart from...

M

01:21, 7th Nov 2009
Hanky:
Since it's basicly a cnp of a spell from DotA I can't give you much extra points for your idea. Also your solution how to reset the index is pretty messy. Well whatever for this spell it'll work so far. But apart from those things the spell is fine enough to get approved.

The spell could be useful for some users.

Level 37
It's a decent spell.

I recommend you move this

• If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
      • (Number of units in Arrow_StartGroup) Equal to 0
    • Then - Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
    • Else - Actions
from the end of the trigger to after you remove units from the unit group. That way it get run fewer times, but still does what it's supposed to do.

Also make it more easily customizeable.

Level 14
After 8190 casts of your spell there will appear bugs. Since as far as I can see you don't reset the arrow_count integer anywhere. Also avoid using those custom user values. Instead of it you could use hashtables what would be much better.

Level 15
After 8190 casts of your spell there will appear bugs. Since as far as I can see you don't reset the arrow_count integer anywhere. Also avoid using those custom user values. Instead of it you could use hashtables what would be much better.

Indeed bugs may appear,but using this spell 8190 times is a bit too much don't you think?Who will use it 8190 times?^^

Hashtables would be a better solution,but i'm not very familiar with those...i will try to improve my knowledge over them and then update the spell.Thx for mentioning.

Level 1
I am making a "Mirana Wars" and used your spell in it (ofc I gave creds for it).
But there is 1 problem... I tried to play it with my friend and we were shooting at each other at the very far end of the map. 1 arrow tried to move outside the map and we got "memory leak"-error. This does not happen every time you shoot outside the map, but it occurs time by time...
(Sry if i use bad english...)

Level 1
I think it helped by removing the dummy-unit as soon as it got to the edge :p
I will tell if it continues =)

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Great system. I hope its fully MUI, but that cannot be tested until multiplayer. I will be giving you full credits for the system, I am gonna use it in a map of mine. Well, modified for my needs. +rep