• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Game crashing ability help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I was trying to edit an Elune's Arrow ability to move a further distance and to show the amount of damage on a target (using shadow strike). The ability appears to work until I try to use it with other players. Then it crashed the game at random upon the initial casting of the ability. Can anyone find the issue? The unedited version was downloaded from here: Elune's Arrow v1.1
Elune arrow part 1.png
Elune arrow part 2.png

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
That looks like a really outdated approach to this spell. I attached a map with a working Elune's Arrow that I based off of my code for Custom Shockwave -> Triggered Shockwave

I wasn't 100% sure how the Stun duration works for your version but I went with a 0.25 second base stun duration and +0.25 seconds per 175 distance traveled up to a maximum of 5 seconds.

Attachments

• Elune's Arrow Uncle 1.w3x
    25.7 KB · Views: 12
Level 2
That looks like a really outdated approach to this spell. I attached a map with a working Elune's Arrow that I based off of my code for Custom Shockwave -> Triggered Shockwave

I wasn't 100% sure how the Stun duration works for your version but I went with a 0.25 second base stun duration and +0.25 seconds per 175 distance traveled up to a maximum of 5 seconds.
This looks great! Nice work. I will try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.