• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Triggered Shockwave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
You can modify the damage of Shockwave with the Ability functions:
  • Shockwave Example
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Shockwave
    • Actions
      • Set VariableSet AbilDamage = (5.00 x (Real((Intelligence of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)))))
      • Set VariableSet AbilLevel = ((Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit)) - 1)
      • Ability - Set Ability: (Unit: (Triggering unit)'s Ability with Ability Code: (Ability being cast))'s Real Level Field: Damage ('Ucs1') of Level: AbilLevel to AbilDamage
The Level for that function is actually indexed starting at 0 which is why I did Level - 1.

So 0 = Level 1, 1 = Level 2, 2 = Level 3, etc...

Also, make sure the Damage field ('Ucs1' in this case) matches the field from the ability. I think I may have gotten this Damage field from Carrion Swarm.

So go to the Shockwave ability in the object editor, find the field that says Damage, and then press Control + D. You'll see something like Damage 'Ucs1'.

If it's NOT 'Ucs1' then you will have to adjust the damage field that's used in the trigger (or just use the Carrion Swarm ability instead). To do this, open the "Ability - Set Ability" action and click Damage ('Ucs1'), then look for Damage ('XXXX') that matches the field from the Object editor.

In addition to that, I attached a map (Custom Shockwave) that has a triggered shockwave that you can configure. No Dummy needed, it's all done with Special Effects.

It's not perfect but it gets the job done.

Attachments

• Custom Shockwave.w3x
    24.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Set Ability Damage Example.w3m
    16.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.