• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Elite Foot Soldier

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Just Another Footman
..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

How to Import Instructions:

Right Click in Asset Manager and Import File.... :) :) :)

I Have uploaded a new version of the model with bigger sword and shield, with no sword on back since I can't fix the annoying clipping...
Previews
Contents

Elite Foot Soldier (Model)

Elite Foot Soldier V2. (No Sword On Back, Bigger Sword & Shield) (Model)

Level 18
Hey there!

That beefy dude is look very, very impressive compared to other footmen and this is a good thing.

He can really have that crusader / elite soldier feel even from top-down.

The extra sword in his shoulder sheat, while adding to the overall "beefy, elite" feel is unfortunately clipping through the entire model in some animations.

In addition, I think it may make disturb his silhouette a lot from a top-down perspective and generate a lot of "movement noise".

I'd suggest either removing it, editing the animations where it clips or scaling it down.
I'm saying this knowing it might compromise the overall "shape balance" of the model, so IDK if the changes I'm suggesting are the right thing to do.

In any case, I'll probably be using (or at least trying) this model for a specific "crusader faction" footman and I might be doing some edit to it if you allow me.

Great addition, thanks for your work, keep 'em coming! :peasant-victory:

Level 18
And I forgot to mention that the filesize of your footmen models is light which is very important for maps with many imported models!

Like what Pokemanharald said, the blade on his back can be utilized. But I was thinking of making it his alternate form. Like, he can use either a one-handed sword and then the two-handed blade. The one-handed dealing normal damage while the two-handed dealing more damage. It might come off as such a demand but it's just a thought. Overall, this model is great!

Last edited:
Level 5
Like what Pokemanharald said, the blade on his back can be utilized. But I was thinking of making it his alternate form. Like, he can use either a one-handed sword and then the two-handed blade. The one-handed dealing normal damage while the two-handed dealing more damage. It might come of as such a demand but it's just a thought. Overall, this model is great!

was thinking of the same thing, but there is a slight issue on the implementation side since i'm still learning. i really lack on the animation side.

was thinking of the same thing, but there is a slight issue on the implementation side since i'm still learning. i really lack on the animation side.
Yeah, I thought so, too. You would double the amount of animations which is a hassle. And even if he's just an Elite Footman, I think the Captain sound set would suit him. :smile:

Any Ideas on what editors to use since i only started editing a week ago, I've been using Retera but i seem to get a lot of errors when i mess with the animations?
I can't say I'm keen with model animation. You should servers that could help you. Retera has a server of their own, maybe as in the HIVE Discord server, too.

Hey!
Just started using the model. The model looks amazing, great work sir.
I looked into the comments also. I think for the 2-handed idea you can check out Human Doppelsoldner
It's a great alternative for the default footman
ya. with permition to use Human Doppelsoldner, all Xyrohn21 would need to do, is making the morp animation, basicly the footman putting away sword and shield, and draw his two hander, and revert that animation backwards for making the animation for changing back. im sure Altruistic Anduin would not mind to help Xyrohn21 with that, so long he credit him ofcouse.... i mean, with his fantastic skill and expiriance with morp animation. this footman here would be one of the most intreasting with his help. Altruistic Anduin is the best morp animator here on HIVE i know of :)