• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Elementals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
I would like them to be both. I shall explain what I mean.

The separate elements are sub-races, creating a whole race. Therefore, they are separate in their own way, but come together to form an alliance. This, in my opinion, should be done with the Elemental Lords.

Now, a question for you. When you speak of particular units, how much will you want them to be doing? Will you, for example, specify abilities, models/icons, stats, etc.? I guess I'll find out soon :p (I will try and do everything you ask, so don't hesitate to :p)

Level 35
A flying building would be awesome, shall I have it actually flying?

Mind you, I remember someone made all different Elemental Planes models, but I s'pose you won't want them to be used, as they wouldn't fit the role you want played too well.

I'm sure I'd be able to find suitable models for that ;)

Heroes should be np, what about a Water one too?

And shall this race be in melee form, or campaign? That is to say, shall it be melee compatible or in the form of, let's say, the Naga? Well, I s'pose with 4 buildings producing units, it should be melee compatible. That means there will be more upgrades, too :D (I love a challenge :D).

yes, actually flying and only targetable by flying or ranged (wind buildings)

...i don't know of any elemental planes o_O or do you mean the lore o_O

3 heroes should be fine... because there are soo much water elementals, i should use 'em as brute force.

.....i am not sure of that because i still need to think up buldings.. which will be quite a few. o_O

Level 35
Yeah, I'll make it melee compatible, just for the challenge. Also, if it's melee compatible, it could be much better for using in a campaign (could be a lead race played by the player just like in a melee campaign ;D).

Well, I'm not entirely sure if they're here on the hive, but I've seen models of the different planes, wasn't bad models, small filesize, but I don't think they'd suit our purposes :p. I don't think I have them anymore, either :p

Well, there'd be an altar, a town hall, a food production building, a tower and a lumber mill (possibly use unit producing buildings as that) to go. Also, what will the final unit be? Will it be a specific element, or a new element? I have an idea, but that's for my project, and you might have a better idea.

Level 23
Here is the info of elemental plane(which has some really intersting information that can be used for our race)
Phoenixes, elemental Salamanders and Revenants are elemental creatures.
We must have portal buildings(and some other).
We should also remeber that they were the servants of Old Gods.

Level 35
Prlly not too soon, I haven't been free for a bit, I'll see what I can do though ;)

As for no tower upgrades, I find that a little awkward because the Worker unit would run out of spaces for all the various buildings it will need to be able to build, which would be bad :p

So, a quick run-down of the buildings. There's the four different Element ones, the 4 different towers (that I think will need to be Tower Upgrades), an Altar and a Main building and then there'd be others that I won't go into yet (Lumber mill-ish thing, item shop, food prod.). Also, I was thinking instead of having a food prod. building, should it be the tower's that are required for different elementals? That would be cool, so I'll see what you think :p

well .. the upgrades might be a nice idea after all.... startin' with nonfiring crystal tower that may upgrade to some of the four elemental towers. (just i don't want to call 'em towers)

buildings:
Main building
Crystal for food that can upgrade to "elemental towers" that too double as food
earth,water,air,fire buildings
Shop? i doubt they would need a shop. Hey, the've come with a vengance to reclaim what was theirs and have no time for shopping spree Cx
Goldmine: entangled (disguized haunted)
research place

and i think self-processing wood gatherers would be neat C: Like wood consuming lava spawn ^_^

Level 35
Perhaps not double the food, it would be fair to even leave it the same.

Instead of towers, how about Annex or something like that?

Hm... Haunted Gold Mine, eh? What confuses me is how it determines what is mining it. I'm just wondering what stops Acolytes using them. I'm not sure :p

Self-processing wood gatherers? Like Wisps? Only... better?

i have my own ideas and thou shall do as i tell thee :)

well.. i give thee the liberty to chose between small food towers and a large elemental crystal for food.

and about mine... haunted goldmine WITH an entangled gold mine model. (that suits perfectly for a non-moving earth elemental building. keep that in mind) and custom water elemental workers shall harvest like acolytes.

about wood... i think a custom lava-spawn with a "return lumber" ability in him should do nicely... i've tried that and it worked greatly :D

Level 35
Hm... sounds alright :p
So, the lava-spawn... does that return lumber like Peasants and Orcs, or like Wisps? I will do as you wish, though :)

I think the 'food towers' should be large crystals for each element using the Frostmourne model with different colouring (it would work :p) with about 8 food for each (as you need them to advance). Oh, and there'll be tiers, won't there? That would work so well :D.

I'm thinking the first tier units shall be Air, then Water and Fire, and finally Earth. Air will be flying (an upgradeable ability), Fire shall be siege, Water casters and Earth the tanks :p

Level 35
Whut? That second line made little sense :p. I'm talking about you make an upgrade, and it allows the 'Take Off' ability on Air Elementals and Storm Elementals (Or whatever they will be :p), which is like the Gargoyle's Stone Form ability in reverse :p

Yea, I'll see about elemental effects should be right ;)

Level 35
Sweet :D
It was my original idea for my own Elemental race (and still is :p), but I give you loan of that one lol XD

I also have some other ideas for units, but this is not my race, it is indeed yours :D. I am but the hands :p. BTW, any units you want me to make, or should I try going for a WIP of the buildings first?

Level 35
Not much yet, I've recently been able to revive an old project and am in love with its possibilities :p
I look forward to getting it complete so I can share it with the hive ;)
As for the Elementals, I shall try and produce a WIP ASAP. Now, did you want me to include any units in the screeny? Or was it just the buildings? Which were the 4 different Elemental buildings, an Altar, the Crystal Things and a Town Hall. Were there any particular names you wanted for any of these buildings? Namely the Town Hall and the Altar. The Crystals will prlly be of the element as will the unit production buildings :p

Level 35
Well, the reason I ask for a name in particular is so that I know what I'm trying to create it to look like :p
Circle of Power with cool attachments... that could work well :D
I'll use the Graveyard ability for that one :D

So, something pyramid like... I'll look at imports, too, but I'm thinking either the Nerubian Ziggurat or that Sunken Ruins doodad that looks similar :p

Mind you, there's this, but I it's an actual pyramid, and I don't like it for this particular project :(. Anyway, here it is, you might have bad taste, after all Misha lol:
Pyramid model o_O

As for the idea with the Crystals... well, I gotta be honest with you... I love it! XD

nexus.jpg

WHOOPSIE :D This model is a bit too much :D

I know..... let's go with nerubian ziggurat C:

Status
Not open for further replies.