• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Elder Scrolls online beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
So I just got the Elder Scrolls Online beta key and planed on playing quite a lot of it so I was woundering if anyone else had plans to play it? I myself am a European if location does matter and planned on playing as the elven and nord races (Nord since I'm a swede.) I play on a pretty dedicated level so I'm probably going to play atleast 6 hours every day if anyone else out there are comfterble with my paste.

If you have played it already what do you think of the game so far?

Level 24
Haven't really been playing that much for the past year, especially online games... though I'm curios about the battle system of TES Online, does it still use the same combat system as the ones on the series?

Yes.

Level 13
I heard they changed the combat system to wow style when you select a target and fire stuff at it. Did they change it again?

It also looked like the game became a generic mmo more and more as development went on, so I lost interest :(

Level 24
I heard they changed the combat system to wow style when you select a target and fire stuff at it. Did they change it again?

It also looked like the game became a generic mmo more and more as development went on, so I lost interest :(

Yea they started to make it more of a standard MMORPG and than everyone started complaining so they made it more like an Elder Scrolls game and then the MMORPG fans started complaining and it has kind of been jumping back and forth. However I haven't tested yet since the game said it needed 30 GB space on your hardrive so I had 32 GB free space and let it install over night and when I came back it had more patches that it tried to download but where unable to due to lack of free space on the hardrive. So it automaticly unnistalled the already installed patch. @$$hole game developer alert.

Level 24
30GB space... oh gosh, so WoW-ish... IMO, the TES style of fighting doesn't really look nice... Active battles are nice but TES's AB seems a bit lackening in action...

I'm more conserned if Skyrim really is the kind of game that you actually want to explore with other people since it MIGHT end up being a bad idea, but nothing ventured nothing gained. Atleast I still have Dragon Age III to look forward to.

The Elder Scrolls Online Beta section will start 00:00 11/1/2014 CET if you're woundering, they gave us the key a few days earlier so we would be able to have the game installed by the time the servers went live.

Level 24
The beta test for Elder Scrolls online will start in 1 hour and 20 minutes, 00:00 11/1/2014 CET.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Personally the only downfall of TES Oblivion I found was the lack of multiplayer. So much potential to have a LAN party and explore as a pair and clearly much of the content was made for this (ally effects). However from their hacky quest system it was impossible to do since it relied too much on your character and no support for a party (obvious by how often friendly important units were stuck outside doors and things).

Also mechanics like fast travel and rest kind of ruined it as they cause massive immersion discontinuities.

I do agree that a MMORPG of it sounds kind of boring but for a LAN party it would be great fun.

Level 24
I personally think that it was sad to see that the enviorement wasn't as interactive as it was in Skyrim since that was one of the things I really was hoping for. Right now it feels like the only things that really are interactive are flowers and ore deposits just like in every other MMORPG out there.

And for the most part other people just seemed to be there to kill your quest mobs. There is absolutly no reason as of why you would pick this game over World of WarCraft as long as the subscription fee exists. If they ever remove the fee I would see the use in buying the game since I rather enjoyed the combat system but the quest system is just like in every other MMO out there.

Level 34
I played up to level 7. It's ok. That's it. Sadly.

I would definitely play it if it went with a GW2 model, but since it's p2p, I'm out. My moneys on it releasing a fp2 model within a year. I just can't see it doing well in its current state.

I'm with DSG on this one. Should totally have been a multiplayer Edler Scrolls, not an MMO. I would even have taken co-op over the usual 4-5 players that arpgs have.

Status
Not open for further replies.