• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Effective defensive structures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I was just kind of wondering how would you guys go about making a tower which is intended to be effective against both air and ground to give the player a challenge when he goes to destroy the enemy's base?

Level 9
Fast attack rate, low damage, splash damage, bash.
Basically several towers can stunlock enemy army, giving even a small defensive force a fighting chance, but at the same time towers themselves are not too overpowered.

Level 14
Numerous towers that are set around a building that powers them. You have to survive all the towers attacks to destroy the building that powers them. They are basically invulnerable until that building is destroyed?

Level 16
Make a specialized tower with a good amount of hp, concrete armor, and good armor value, give it 2 attacks. One powerful attack against all ground units, preferably chaos type with AOE damage (you could use the orb of annihilation projectile for this.) And a second attack that does piercing type against flying units, make this attack really fast and give the unit a modified barrage ability that allows it to target multiple air units. Also make the tower self repair(give it a dummy ability named something like “auto-repair” while just giving it a small hp regeneration value) so the player wont be able to take it out easily by directing several attacks on it for this purpose.

Level 2
Tower 1 - Tall wall
  • Unable to attack, act as a wall obviously
  • 30% chance to reflect 60% damage to attacking unit
  • High hp
Tower 2 - Archer Tower
  • Long range
  • Low attack
  • Medium hp
  • Fast attack speed
  • Multi-attack
Tower 3 - Buff Tower
  • Slow attack
  • Short range
  • Small damage
  • Can grant buff for nearby tower (AS, armor, or damage etc.)

Just a suggestion and ideas. Act more like a war with wall, defensive and of course people that defend not will only have towers, they have armies too, so dont make tower to overpowered will be fine, at least i think so.

Just in case If you need unit ideas....

Unit 1 - Ram??? (Maybe)
  • Medium Speed
  • Deal mid-high damage to wall type structure
  • Make this unit to have cargo abilities, need several normal unit to run it
Unit 2 - Assasin
  • Fast speed
  • Fast attack
  • Low damage
  • 20% chance evade
Unit 3 - Knight
  • High armor
  • High HP
  • Medium damage
  • Medium speed
  • 40% chance block 10-25 damage physical
Unit 4 - Normal Armies
  • Low damage
  • Low speed
  • Low attack
  • Able to act as unit that run Ram

Last edited:
Level 16
Good amount of hp is anywhere between 750 and 1250 or even 1500 or 2000 if you want it to be really brutal to eliminate

I usually set the range to 800 or 850 - that's long range in case you're wondering

Level 2
What's a good amount of hp?

And what about the range?
If you talkin about tower hp then my idea was... (In case you use my tower idea)

Wall (At Level 1)
  • 800 hp
  • 20 armor
  • +100hp, 5 armor each upgrade
Archer Tower
  • 550 hp
  • 10 armor
  • 15-20 damage (since it has multi attack)
  • +75 hp, 3 armor and 15-30 damage each upgrade
Buff Tower
  • 350 hp
  • 3 armor
  • 5-10 damage
  • +50 hp, 2 armor and 5-10 damage each upgrade
  • Able to research Aura or Buff that provides AS/Armor/Damage for allies tower
  • Able to research unique passive abilities (evasion) for itself

Level 28
Personally, I'd make a tower that penalizes a unit's both attack and movement speed like Orb of Frost/Slow or make it deal damage over time like poison, or I'll give it a multishot ability so she can hit multiple units at the same with high attack rate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.