• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Editing pkbs or how to prevent pkbs from being printed on the game?

Level 8
Hi, I'm using latest HD version of warcraft 3 and WE,
I recently found out that pkb files used in Reforged are the cause of crash in 1.33+, 3d artists in Hive pointed it out to me.

When I skimmed through the files inside the Warcraft 3 with cascview for a very short time, I found a file called th_workglow.pkb in the Town Hall folder, and actually when I was playing Warcraft myself, I had the most crashes when I was building a Town Hall or upgrading it to the next tier.

This is what I thought. Until Blizzard's full fix patch is released,
modify all pkbs myself to prevent them from being printed in the game to reduce crashes.

I've experimentally used Retera's 3D Studio to remove all the bones in townhallbirth.mdx, but its model output just disappears and it doesn't prevent playing pkb visual effects during under construction.
They seem to work much more complexly and profoundly than I know. I need your help.

I'm not sure if this is right to post this thread here, but I'm new to this kind of this problem. I ask for your excuse.

Last edited: