• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how to properly convert model from 3ds max to mdx?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, Im here to ask the skilled modelers, that use high quality 3d software, like 3ds max, about how to edit a model for warcraft III

I made a model with rotating animation in 3ds max 2015 and converted it in OBJ, then I imported the OBJ in milkshape. While in milkshape the textures are preserved, but there is no animation! Then I exported this model from milkshape in .ms3d and imported it in warcraft III model editor.1. In the animation manager there is tag for animation, but does not animate.
2. There is no texture on the model. One of the textures is grey color, the other one is imported from the desktop. In wc3 model editor the model is displayed as black.
my method is as you can see
3ds > obj
obj > ms3d
ms3d > mdx
Can someone give me tips about this, because I'm trying to make model for wacraft III for the first time. (I have some experience however with wings 3d, cinema 4D, 3ds max). It's easier for me to make models out of nothing rather then editing models from wc3, it's annoying. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.