• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

convert mdx to fbx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi,

I want to convert mdx models to fbx with all animations preserved so that they can be included in fan project made on Unity engine. I tried to use many of the importers/exporters and neither of them worked. The only tool that at least did something was 3ds max script "MDX Importer/Exporter". It imported all animations in 3ds max 2010 correctly but after saving model to fbx (no errors where yielded during this process) when I open fbx model in 3ds max again I get error "The following Link node(s) is/are not part of the BindPose definition." with many many objects listed after that. First frame looks correct but all the next animation frames are distorted and look like a mess of triangles. Have anybody got a valid fbx model from mdx file? The other way is to write custom converter using Mogos MdxLib but I suppose this is not the quickiest way and probably quite complicated as well. I have no ideas what to do :( Any tips or suggestions are appreciated.

Sorry for posting this in Warcraft Editing Tools category, but this looks like the nearest category to my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.