• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Convert 3DS / OBJ to MDX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
First time I'm modelling / texturing something... Any tool that can convert my work into mdx?

I tried http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/3ds-obj-mdx-converter-1-2-a-62950/ but it doesn't work. That is, I get an MDX file but the textures are missing (it uses a default "Textures\CityStructures.blp" instead of the 2 textures (concrete & window)). Tried both 3DS and OBJ, the only difference I can see is a smaller filesize from OBJ, but at this point I don't care about filesize, getting my model to work seems much more important...

This is how it should look like:
attachment.php

Here's what I get in wc3 viewer:
attachment.php

Even stranger: in the editor I get this:
attachment.php

Note how the texture wrapping is completely fucked up now and the model isn't even facing the correct angle (notice how it's on its side!)
It's also how the model looks like in-game. Looks like war3viewer does a better job at rendering the model (although with wrong texture) than the game itself. Also, for some reason I can't select the model in-game, only drag-select.

Attachments

• editor.jpg
    editor.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 774
  • modeller.jpg
    modeller.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 838
  • viewer.jpg
    viewer.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 810
Status
Not open for further replies.