• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Eclipse 1.18 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Eclipse 1.18

IMG%5D

I finally got permission from Lopaki to edit eclipse orpg and so I've started to edit the massive amount of bugs I found in this map. Currently I post everything in the eclipse main site http://clanmoe.freeforums.org. but i will start posting all information in this thread too.

Most of the stuff I have already done
  • Lag reduction
  • All spells to properly work
  • Fix known glitchs that prevent proper gameplay
  • Balance out some spells
  • Fix the guides
  • Limit boss drop item count to 1
  • and many other small things

For v1.18 You can expect some of the following

• A range of attack and armors to further increase the difficulty
  • All heros spells will increase to allow upgrades to go past lvl 60
  • Add class sets for first 3 dungions (whats going to happen is 2 items per dungion for 5% drop rate that you can get. more will be explain about this later on)
  • Limit dungion drops to 1 if more than 1 does happen then Class sets % will be 0% drop rate
  • Adding a lvl 90 and 120 spell to the following heros Priest, Defender, Frost Mage
  • Adding Item shops to the orc city
  • Going to completely revamp first dungion (more will be posted later)

Currently I'm gonna release the beta to make sure all bugs are fixed before adding new content. So Here is a list of what is done and what isnt done yet.

List that i fixed

Added back emo.
Redid warlords charge and it finally works and better.
Death Cripple for vamp was giving 500% as rather than 5% as.
All mini-boss drops will now equip to the right hero. Vamps and hunt couldn't wear giant turtle skull helm but now they can.
Mini-boss drops will know have a level requirement of the area you enter level.
Priest now drops the right main hand and offhand weapon for satyr boss drops
Troll Berserker should now get loot from first dungeon
Frost Mage "Comet Storm" should be working and better than before
Troll Blood works now
Coment Storm Now has a 325 mana cost
Vampiric Aura has an AOE of 700
Spine Chill Aura has an AOE of 700
chilling aura has an AOE of 700
Fear of the Dark has an AOE of 700
Volcano now resets boss if no one is in dungeon
Volcano will not bug if killed or emo inside to make no creep spawn
Took sucide away from zappers
Naga will not bug if killed or emo inside
If you die in Loot room items will no longer stack or stay in your slot
Pirate Dungeon door works and will respawn correctly now
Undead mines now work and shut off to not spam
Vampire lvl 35 spell has been replaced and edited
Chilling aura should now decrease armor for every creep
Removed Wolf form from shaman
Removed Bear form from druid
Troll blood now cost 50 mana
Leg Slash now cost 90 mana

Tool tip/spelling errors
Defender spellbook - Battle Awareness
hunter spellbook - Searing Arrows, Triple Shot, Ankle Shot
Spell icon Tooltips
Defender - Protect
Hunter - Triple Shots, Ankle Shot
Tauren Brute - Seismic Smash, Blessing of Purity
Spine Chill Area tool tip error
Berserker Fury tool tip error

Out of all those items above you can expect some to come out so i can edit the map as we progress instead of making 1 super update. If you have any question you can ask me here or on clan moes forums. Yes people I do have permission to edit this map if you need to ask go to forums or talk to lopaki on Makemehost or bnet when ever he on German time.

Progress IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII finished
Link to map below
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/eclipse-orpg-1-18-beta-203816/

Last edited:
Level 31
Level 31
#1, every monster can be unique. Rather than just fight, fight, fight, you could take the Final Fantasy approach. Some monsters required special handling =).

You could also add in mini-games. Check out maze maps to get some ideas.

The bosses are pretty boring for the most part. You could make them much more exciting with concepts from maze maps.

Perhaps, make it so that skills are required to use some abilities. Dark Invasion 2 tried to add skill requirements to weapons (to a small degree) with the little cool down bar. You could come up with something interesting as well ; ).

A person shouldn't need to grind in an area for 10000 years. They shouldn't even need to grind at all. By adding quests to each area, you can then remove the grinding by making people complete tasks rather than just grind away. If you look at Oblivion, they did this beautifully with the guilds. Don't add stupid quests like kill 10 beetles or collect 10 wolf heads or w/e, really take from Oblivion for unique quests that perhaps are relevant to the class or story.

Level 2
hey
are you still developing and bugfixing that great map ?
since you haven't posted anything such a long time i feel that you have stopped working on it

Level 10
Hey mothe Sorry i didnt respound back. I'm actually still working on this map and updating as we speak. Its taking me awhile to fix everything that crappy but I will get it up to date soon. In need of alot of testors FOR private testing only. Im gonna release the change log in a few and see what happens from there

Level 10
Ahh never new that at all lol. Anyway since i wanna keep this convo in this thread only if you could do the terrian that be cool man. I'm thinking of stripping out naga dungeon and pvp area, adding in 3 new dungeons, redoing the terrian in kobolds dungeon, and redo the first town terrain over the next 5 versions. If your up for helping me that be a blessing. I forgot whats his name also offered to help big something

Status
Not open for further replies.