• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dwarven Multi Purpose Airship

A speedy, unmanned airship just recently brought into service by the Dwarven Air Force. Armed with a D35 Artillery Improv and a stockpile of FrenchClaw missiles, this new model already shows promise, both as an air superiority fighter, and as a powerful reconnaissance machine.

Hmm.. Another Scratch Made model, created using Milkshape 3d and Magos' Model Editor. This one took me about 5 hours of work over 2 days.

In this download, You'll get models of both the Airship, and the Missiles it uses in it's Attack Slam animation. The missile model is not recommended for the normal attack of the model.

Please do not Edit or Redistribute to other sites.
Please Give Credit if you use this model in your map or Campaign.

Enjoy!

Updates
10/6/08
Mesh Tweak
Smoke Emitter is now correctly placed
Tweaked Missile's Birth animation
10/12/08
Totally Redid missile model's ending.

Keywords:
Dwarven,Dwarf,Airship,Mechanical,Unmanned,Plane,Fly,Scout,RemoteControlled,Alliance,PewPew,Lord_T,Jet,Barrel Roll
Contents

Dwarven Multi Purpose Airship (Model)

Dwarven Multi Purpose Airship (Model)

Reviews
07:03, 17th Oct 2008 General Frank: Model works ingame and performs well.

M

07:03, 17th Oct 2008
General Frank:

Model works ingame and performs well.

Level 26
this is a nice dwarven model.I like the look of the model and the two telescopes almost make it look like a living creature,because they look like eyes to me. The animations are simple but well done and fit the "weak" flying bot unit theme. The model uses good chosen ingame textures and the particles are also nice.
The missile is great. I really like its death particles
What I like most about this model is the barrel roll animation for walk - 2.

Rated with 4/5

Level 22
this is a nice dwarven model.I like the look of the model and the two telescopes almost make it look like a living creature,because they look like eyes to me. The animations are simple but well done and fit the "weak" flying bot unit theme. The model uses good chosen ingame textures and the particles are also nice.
The missile is great. I really like its death particles
What I like most about this model is the barrel roll animation for walk - 2.

Rated with 4/5

Yeah, I was originally gonna make a Living Machine with a cannon for a head, but this came out as a better idea in the end. I decided to keep the eyes, they add to the plushie factor.

Anything I could do for that 5/5?

Level 26
Hm...maybe you could also add a swim anim or i don´t know.
Use your imagination^^

but it´s a rellay nice model, but at the moment i don´t have the " OHHH-this-is-awesome-feeling"

But at the smae moment I think that this could be 5/5 for some technology map

Level 22
:l\
:l > OMG ITS THE KOREAN AIR FORCE RUN(aka birds with bombs/dagon)
:l/
nice dude

Thank you... and no, It's the JAPANESE!!! RUN!!!! IT'S AS SUPRISE ATTACK ON ASHENVALE HARBOR!!!! O NOES!

Its nice that you don't need a custom skin for greats models like this, but the scopes on the top look weird.

They're supposed to look weird, and give it the... goofy little RC Plane type-look.

hmmmm, not saying its bad, just saying, feels like I've seen it before.

Lies. What I see on the screen are LIES!!!!!
Or you've been granted a vision from God.

wow this looks good..i think u can make it look more rustic and add some dinamite..and may be a goblin cause this is too *mechanical* the air ships needs some pilot

Thank you. There really are not that many rusty metal textures that would keep with the look i want it to have, and I'm trying to avoid Tinkertank... that's General Frank's Main squeeze. It's an Unmanned ship, by the way. Or you could pretend that there's someone in there somewhere, like a fighter jet.

The wings looks good, but in the middle it looks strange o_O

Thanks, It's supposed to look like a bunch of junk and old parts thrown into a semi-decent unmanned scout plane, which has other uses.

Thanks for the Feedback, all!
Please do keep it coming.

Last edited:
Level 6
Hey I downloaded this and the zip contained the model and the missile model, but no portrait. The missile file was named to be the portrait for some reason. I was really looking forward to using this, any chance in a fix?

EDIT: Okay the regular model comes with the portrait camera already, so just make sure you rename the _portrait.mdx model something else like RedMissile.mdx.

Excellent model, 4/5

Last edited: