1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Airship

Submitted by Mechanical Man
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This model I made for an awesome guy for his campaign just because he's awesome. It didn't really turned as I wished to be and I have no use for it although I always wanted to have an epic airship. Hopefully he will made a good use of it and finish the campaign. And also for Elenai is now hive steampunk month or whatever, so is obvious whom I want the model be approved of.

I know that baloon is pretty crappy, but I couldn't find a better texture for it that has team color. And it has not many animation, if I'll feel I'll update and maybe even submit it afterwards.

EDIT: screenshot updated

Keywords:
talas, airship, balloon, transport, zeppelin,
Contents

Airship (Model)

Reviews
14:43, 4th Sep 2008 Elenai: Approved: The model is well made, and the wrap is fine.
  1. 14:43, 4th Sep 2008
    Elenai: Approved: The model is well made, and the wrap is fine.

2. Traxamillion

Traxamillion

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    guessing you made it for El..lol...looks great...the screenshot makes the baloon part looka little weird.

3. Devine

Devine

Resources:
    Resources:
    omg another airship with a bad balloon texture T_T
    seriously, fix it, rest looks fine

4. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Bah, I see that the screenshot is not exactly the model, I added more polygons to the baloon, making it rounder and uwv is more "tiled" or how to call it. And also it has exhausts. But still marketplace texture is the best I could find, unless you have a better idea for team colored cloth.

5. Mr. Bob

Mr. Bob

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Indeed, this is a great model. The texture unwrap on the ship is great. The balloon needs some work, but I think the rest is great.

Anyway, what am I to know. After all, you trained me.

6. Zerox

Zerox

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well it looks fairly good except for the balloon texture. Perhaps you could make your own texture/modified texture for the balloon with team color to make it look nicer. Pretty good for the most part though. This is an air ship as in from Final Fantasy right?

7. RoleplayingKing

RoleplayingKing

Resources:
    Resources:
    Paratroops, Go, Go, Go!

8. Lord_T

Lord_T

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Are you hinting at something, sonny?

On topic: Nice. 4/5.

9. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No I can't make a texture, because I'm not good at making textures and the model was meant to have ingame textures to save space. And no, is not for final fantasy. It was little inspired from talas airship from mtg, but it's not its copy.

10. Zerox

Zerox

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hey thanks for replying. :cute: And whether or not its was not inspired by Final Fantasy I don't care. :razz:Either way I really like it. Maybe you should go look at some tutorials for making textures thats what I did for my model. This one is probably good for starting. But this one is probably the one that helped me the most.

11. Em!

Em!

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don´t like my name up there in the keywords but awesome x3 kinda evens it out so i forgive you, now then the other texture i suggested was kinda plain but it would fix the messy uwv but it wouldn´t make it so characteristic, otherwise great model better than all of the crap i tryed to make. I do remember telling you not to help me with this or rather did say i was going to do it but i am glad you did it cause i suck at scratch modeling and i don´t really like asking others for help. It will come in handy though i might not be able to finish my campaign.

12. goldenjuan1

goldenjuan1

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like it!!!! Its great!!!!!

13. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yay, finally approved!

I tried the whitehorn one, but it didn't really help me, it uses smudge, dodge and burn, tools which are "banned" today. Archian's ones haven't tried yet, because I discovered it only recently, some links looks good, but I was more into ingame texture models and I'm not sure I will be able to produce anything even following those tutorials :/

14. Oziris

Oziris

Resources:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    bad balloon texture the other is good.

15. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This is much better than the gob zeppeling, it is made for humans.

16. vito487

vito487

Resources:
    Resources:
    cool model

Edit: Image removed by Elenai Lefein. Don't do it again! The image was far too vague and large for this kind of..."praise". You have been warned.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2008
  17. Bernkastel

Bernkastel

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I agree with everyone who said about the balloon texture. Otherwise it's looking great!

18. Mamma_Pappa

Mamma_Pappa

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks cool

19. Jack_Sparrow93

Jack_Sparrow93

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Can you get a better screenshot? It's looks good, but you got a lot of work left on the baloon. 3.5/5