• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dwarf Enginer

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
Dwarf made many machine thing, so they need Enginer isn it

Please give me a credit if you use or edit this model!

UPDATE:fix unattached leg

Keywords:
Dwarf, Engine, Enginer, Workshop, Hammer, Wrench, Google, Beard, Machine, Tech.
Contents

Dwarf Enginer (Model)

Dwarf Enginer (Model)

Reviews
22:30, 24th Mar 2014 Deolrin: I'm sorry, but... For the most part, the wrap is horrendous, and the model is overall too simple. Rejected.

M

22:30, 24th Mar 2014
Deolrin: I'm sorry, but... For the most part, the wrap is horrendous, and the model is overall too simple. Rejected.

Level 6
The top part of the head (Hair) looks a little bit like cut in and the back could be connected more fluently to the body.
o_O dat legs (bottom part) is wrapped
Yeah thats true ;D

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Awexome! It's like you read my mind! Alright, I have to first say that I am totally in need of a neat Dwarven Engineer (so far as I've Searched, there isn't one; I'm trying to make a Hero out of a Wc2 Dwarven Demolition Squad-mate that has supposedly survived to this day and become a Heroic anti-building defense dude :p), and this looks like he could totally fit the bill. However, I would like to make a few suggestions:

First of all, decide whether Unit or Hero. Right now, he's got Dissipate but no Hero Glow. If you go Unit... Well, just reverse the 'Dissipate' to 'Decay' and he's pretty much done (aside from the second List, below). Units don't need a lot in the way of flashiness or cool-things or nurnies or epicness or whatnot.

However, if you're keen (and I hope you are, since that's what I need him for :p), I'd love to see this guy fleshed out as a full Hero. If so, thoughts:
  • Give him Hero Glow. Stat. :p (not just @ Origin, but also on Chest and around his Weapons)
  • Make him more "Heroic" (now this is hard to explain... But after hosting the latest Modelling Contest, I have a better idea of what truly makes a Hero a "Hero". It's some intangible "awexomeness" that pervades their design and presentation. Check the thread for examples... And also check here, here, and here. Don't get discourage; this guy can shine all on his own, but these are examples of what I would call truly 'great' or 'heroic' Dwarf Heroes (custom models). Perhaps:
    • A bigger/more braided beard?
    • More varied texture choice (aside from brown-brown-gray-brown)?
    • Some nurnies (hat (see below), stuff in backpack (see below), etc (see below :p).
Now this is tough to say, because I realize that you've done a lot of work already. More importantly (in this case), you haven't changed too drastically from the base model (Mountain King) who is a Hero, so it's like "well if he didn't[/i] need it, why should this guy?). I can understand that. I could be very wrong. I just don't feel I am. :p
I think the best example I can give is the comparison between this Battlepriest and this Battlepriest. Both are great, and serve their purposes wonderfully. But one is definitely a Hero, while the other is definitely a Unit; it'd be hard to confuse the two.

~

Whether or not you make him a Hero, though, I would suggest the following:
  • Some TeamColor! This is necessary. Where? Not sure. Somewhere visible, like shoulders, but also possibly on a new weapon (see below), or the stuff in his backpack (see below), or his hat (see below :p).
  • Some mesh edits (not sure, but his belly looks huge, and his head disproportionately small without something on top ("Engineer Hat"?; that backpack is a little empty without scrolls or tools or something in it...).
  • Bigger Wrench (needs to be visible in-game; much bigger and more "exaggeratedly warcrafty")
  • A "Repair" animation (might make a good alternate Worker/Builder for the Dwarven race)
  • Something else to replace the Hammer (not sure what as of yet... I'll poke around)

Good luck, man! I hope to see great things with this. If nothing else, upload both versions (in this thread)! : ) I'm sure people wouldn't mind.

P.S. It's "Engineer" with two "e"s.

Level 11
Awexome! It's like you read my mind! Alright, I have to first say that I am totally in need of a neat Dwarven Engineer (so far as I've Searched, there isn't one; I'm trying to make a Hero out of a Wc2 Dwarven Demolition Squad-mate that has supposedly survived to this day and become a Heroic anti-building defense dude :p), and this looks like he could totally fit the bill. However, I would like to make a few suggestions:

First of all, decide whether Unit or Hero. Right now, he's got Dissipate but no Hero Glow. If you go Unit... Well, just reverse the 'Dissipate' to 'Decay' and he's pretty much done (aside from the second List, below). Units don't need a lot in the way of flashiness or cool-things or nurnies or epicness or whatnot.

However, if you're keen (and I hope you are, since that's what I need him for :p), I'd love to see this guy fleshed out as a full Hero. If so, thoughts:
  • Give him Hero Glow. Stat. :p (not just @ Origin, but also on Chest and around his Weapons)
  • Make him more "Heroic" (now this is hard to explain... But after hosting the latest Modelling Contest, I have a better idea of what truly makes a Hero a "Hero". It's some intangible "awexomeness" that pervades their design and presentation. Check the thread for examples... And also check here, here, and here. Don't get discourage; this guy can shine all on his own, but these are examples of what I would call truly 'great' or 'heroic' Dwarf Heroes (custom models). Perhaps:
    • A bigger/more braided beard?
    • More varied texture choice (aside from brown-brown-gray-brown)?
    • Some nurnies (hat (see below), stuff in backpack (see below), etc (see below :p).
Now this is tough to say, because I realize that you've done a lot of work already. More importantly (in this case), you haven't changed too drastically from the base model (Mountain King) who is a Hero, so it's like "well if he didn't[/i] need it, why should this guy?). I can understand that. I could be very wrong. I just don't feel I am. :p
I think the best example I can give is the comparison between this Battlepriest and this Battlepriest. Both are great, and serve their purposes wonderfully. But one is definitely a Hero, while the other is definitely a Unit; it'd be hard to confuse the two.

~

Whether or not you make him a Hero, though, I would suggest the following:
  • Some TeamColor! This is necessary. Where? Not sure. Somewhere visible, like shoulders, but also possibly on a new weapon (see below), or the stuff in his backpack (see below), or his hat (see below :p).
  • Some mesh edits (not sure, but his belly looks huge, and his head disproportionately small without something on top ("Engineer Hat"?; that backpack is a little empty without scrolls or tools or something in it...).
  • Bigger Wrench (needs to be visible in-game; much bigger and more "exaggeratedly warcrafty")
  • A "Repair" animation (might make a good alternate Worker/Builder for the Dwarven race)
  • Something else to replace the Hammer (not sure what as of yet... I'll poke around)

Good luck, man! I hope to see great things with this. If nothing else, upload both versions (in this thread)! : ) I'm sure people wouldn't mind.

P.S. It's "Engineer" with two "e"s.

:goblin_jawdrop:WOW that was soo.... constructive!
well, i made this guy as a unit and thx for ur suggestion. i just a newbie that not even know how to change/edit/make animation etc:vw_sad:. but ill do my best.

(srry my english suck)

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
:goblin_jawdrop:WOW that was soo.... constructive!
well, i made this guy as a unit and thx for ur suggestion. i just a newbie that not even know how to change/edit/make animation etc:vw_sad:. but ill do my best.

(srry my english suck)
No problem, man. It's what I do (when I see potential). :p

That being said, his Animations are nearly perfect already; it's really more a matter of Mesh and a little bit Textures, to be honest.

Level 32
Well, the model is not bad, but there are some things which you can improve. For example, add a helmet or hat. Wrench will look better if you make it handle rectangular. Same thing with hammer. Can also make a pencil behind his ear (only a suggestion).

Level 27
If you add the helmet or hat this could be the only part team colored, with a light in the middle, in certain animations the light could glow. In the backpack you could add the cannon tower head to make it look less empty.

Maybe you could think about change the weapons, the Wrench as the main weapon.