• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DruidottheTalon.BLP

So, yeah, another fire elemental-ish skin! Yay! This is a Druid of the Flame, a follower of Fandral Staghelm - Majordomo of Ragnaros.

150077-albums4247-picture58381.png

Update:
-Added more shading
-Added more depth to the face

Update2:
-Changed the thingy on the staff
-Added the proper shading caused by the hood on the face

Update3:
-Updated face
-Changed beard
-Changed cloak

Since I've brought back some of my old icons, I thought I might as well bring back some of my textures too, this, obviously, being one of them.

Have fun, and give credits if you use it!

Keywords:
Druid, of, the, Flame, Talon, Fandral, Staghelm, Majordomo, Ragnaros, Firelands
Contents

Druid of the Flame (Texture)

Reviews
20:24, 8th June 2012 67chrome: Overall this looks pretty cool, I like the detail work on the face, overall color use, and various details and textures. The feathers in the cape are perhaps a little large, but nonetheless this seems like a solid...

M

20:24, 8th June 2012
67chrome: Overall this looks pretty cool, I like the detail work on the face, overall color use, and various details and textures. The feathers in the cape are perhaps a little large, but nonetheless this seems like a solid resource for the Hive ;)

ʞııɥs: No changes have been made for two weeks, moving to rejected (until updated).

ʞııɥs: It's better, but I still think the face could use some sharper lines. I also noticed the beard is looping, that is, the ends are meeting in the lower part rather than hanging straight down. Not sure if that was your intention, but it does look odd to me.

ʞııɥs: Face really lacks depth and is also quite blurry. It all seems to lack a bit of contrast, really. I love the design for the belt (thing), though.

Level 11
Question:
What is that white feather used for in the skin? Is that what "explodes" or "radiates" from the druid when he uses the morph ability (when he turns into a raven)? Because if so, it may be useful to turn that into black cloth, ash, etc, so that if a person wants it to morph into a phoenix (or some other fire animal), it will not look odd.

Level 25
Question:
What is that white feather used for in the skin? Is that what "explodes" or "radiates" from the druid when he uses the morph ability (when he turns into a raven)? Because if so, it may be useful to turn that into black cloth, ash, etc, so that if a person wants it to morph into a phoenix (or some other fire animal), it will not look odd.

Normally it's some sort of decoration on the staff, but I decided to alpha it out.