• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Dragonlance!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you regonize the title, you probaly gonna know what this post is about...
I'm thinking of making a dragonlance RPG map, but need models of creatures like
- sea elfs,
- Draconians
- Irdas,
so if you know any dragonlance models plz report, but thats not what i posted this tread for, i wanna hear what you would think of a dragonlance map, if you don't know what dragonlance is try www.dlnexus.com or read the serie. The map should be abouts what happening in Dragons of Atumn Twillight. What do you think?

at first i think its even better than the lord of the rings universe, and many other fantasy universes. You right i gonna be a quest based rpg following the first book in the main serie. The Uniqure things are kenders (to ''special'' to be decriped, kind a like chield race), and as you read above the draconiens and the irdas, dragonlance has so many uniqure races and heroes that i can't remeber (also a thing making it hard to create). And as said before, i think its great universe. I only hope that my map can be only 1% as good as the books.

Level 17
Yea, General Franks draconians are awesome.. They just make you want to create a map with draconians :S
But in my opinion your thread has no real point. You can make a fun map from any theme. For example, I truly find Pokemon disguisting, but I have played an awesome Pokemon map where the author did a great job with the terrain / triggers / features, so it is futile to ask people what they think about a Dragonlance map before taking an actual look at your map.

i know that general frank maid draconiens, but the actually colors and types of draconiens in dragonlance is:

- Golden
- Silver
- Bronze
- Copper
and Brass

as you can see they ar all the type of ´different kind of metal, thats because their foul spawns of dragons (Same name and type)

By the way, i today found two other maps based on the dragonlance/krynn, here are the links if you wanna try.

Wars of kryn: http://www.epicwar.com/maps/55106/

Dragonlance: http://www.epicwar.com/maps/53394/

Ps: emperor_d3st the question was most meant to fans of the univers and who ever would be interrested in supporting it, by models or what they think i coud need to know.

Level 17
Well, if you would want to have around 3-4 models per draconian race for all 5 races that would mean you should waste 4*5*200K = 4 MB from your map. Even with the WE's default MPQ compression you would have to waste at least 2.5-3 megabytes just on these models.
If it's a singleplayer map.. okay, import to your heart's content but if it's a multiplayer map you should be aware of the 4MB size limit.
You could always recolor General Frank's models in the object editor. The colors would not exactly be what you imagined but I see that as the most optimal solution.

Level 5
finally, a dragonlance RPG! keep up the good work! will there be any Thanoi?

PS: make sure you remember to use ROLLING doors in Thorbardin. i hate people who think that dwarves would use a simple "hinged" door. :gg:

Status
Not open for further replies.