• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dragon Slayer 1.1

Reactions: StoPCampinGn00b
Fareez Izfar Presents

Dragon Slayer
Created by Fareez Izfar

Map Info:

Long ago, Shakhroth, a peaceful kingdom live in peace. But after century of harmony, a mysterious man appeared with 4 subordinates. They came and grants chaos to the country. With mystical power from the ancients, they gain power to control elemental abilities such as Fire, Frost, Nature, and Dark. In order to get power to control whole land, the mysterious man destroyed Kingdom's castle which is being protected by Holy Mithril turn them cursed into a dragon. They fell in first battle. Unfortunately the curse make them even stronger because of the ancient power. Now they are conquering Dragons Fall, which is the name of Shakhroth after their throne.
Now, every warrior that hiding in woods are only hope to fight those Dragons. People calls them Dragon Slayer.

Features:

- 5 unique heroes ( Swordsman, Lancer, Axeman, Elf, Angel )
- various abilities
- get Ultimate Stone to be an Ultimate Slayer
- 5 element bosses (New BLOOD Element)
- 5 Dragon Lords including 1 Eternity Dragon
- Added Water 7 Boss

Screenshots:

212402-albums5854-picture94054.jpg

212402-albums5854-picture94053.jpg

212402-albums5854-picture94051.jpg

212402-albums5854-picture94052.jpg

Videos:

Video Description:

Change Log:

Version 1.0
Uploaded
Version 1.1
Lots of bug fixes
Added 3 New heroes
New map terrain
Bosses a little bit tougher
Added Water 7 Boss

Credits:

Special Thanks:
  • Blizzard Entertainment
  • The Hive Workshop
  • TQ Digital

Models:
  • Blood Raven
  • Misha
Skins:
  • -
Icons:
  • Blizzard Entertainments
  • -
  • -
Tutorials/Systems:
  • Sindorei
  • Misha
  • Hayate
Loading Screen/Map Preview Image:
  • MAGOSX
  • -
  • -
Other:
  • -
  • -
  • -

Author's notes:

Be sure to play it wisely. Or it will blow up your mind lol

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

View Changelogs and Features to know what's in update.
Seeking fan-made trailer (if I have fans)

Keywords:
dragon, slayer, fareez, izfar, fareezizfar, kill, duel, battle, ally, enemy, middle, victory
Contents

Dragon Slayer 1.1 (Map)

Reviews
14:14, 22nd Dec 2014 Moderator: StoPCampinGn00b Dragon Slayer by Fareez Izfar (fareezizfar) REVIEW Dragon Slayer is a team based hero arena map that can also be played as a small RPG if player(s) are all on the same team. The map's...

M

14:14, 22nd Dec 2014

[TD]
Moderator:
StoPCampinGn00b
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
Dragon Slayer
by Fareez Izfar (fareezizfar)
navbits_start.gif
REVIEW
Dragon Slayer is a team based hero arena map that can also be played as a small RPG if player(s) are all on the same team. The map's gameplay plays out similarly to a battle.net classic, Angel Arena. Heroes have custom and vivid looking spells, and enemies are somewhat fair to fight. See below for a more detailed explanation regarding the map's quality.
navbits_start.gif
FEEDBACK
Gameplay:
Since the map has very informative quest logs that get straight to the point, the map could be play right away. At first glance, I noticed that both heroes have hard to use hotkeys. For the lancer, you do have all of the hotkeys on the left side of the key board, but they do not correspond with the order of where the icons of the abilities coincide. For example, the icon on the far left should have a hotkey on the far left. It's recommended to use QWERT, ZXCVB, or FTGH for hotkeys. Abilities knockback/throw and windcut/rarikiri do not match in name.

As for balance, I fail to see the swordsman beating the lancer. Perhaps having a swordsman tank when fighting bosses might be useful, but their abilities fail to deal enough damage to make a fight between these two close. It's also unfair for both spawns to be in the shop area. I suggest you create to separate shops on both sides of the map.

The map could get laggy when there is an overdose of creeps (due to less players creeping). What could solve this issue is to make the creeps spawn more frequently but have a limit. One very minor mistake is how the honor shop tool-tips don't seem to be functioning correctly.

Overall, the map is good in concept, but there are a few mishaps that players might be annoyed with. The only bug I've found is the ultimate orb isn't working. The bottom way gate disappears.
Visuals:
The terrain and doodad placement in the map was average. More doodads around the edges may help enhance the visuals of the would be better. What I did find visually fun to see are the effects of the spells and the custom interface.
Miscellaneous:
That map isn't at all a Strategy / Risk. I've changed it to: Arena, Hero Arena, and RPG. See: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tutorial-submission-283/map-category-guide-254995/
navbits_start.gif
VERDICT
Map approved with a 3/5 rating.
navbits_start.gif
FAQ

[COLOR=white

Map Making Related

[COLOR=white

[COLOR=white

] How can I get my map approved? Learn here (MAP SUBMISSION RULES).
Where can I get world editor assistance and find tutorials? Here.

Forum Related[/COLOR]]How do I navigate the Hive Workshop? Learn here.
What does reputation mean at the bottom of my profile? Learn here.
Where can I discuss a problem only with the staff and/or higher administrators? Here.

[/COLOR]
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
[/TD] [/TD][/tr]

Yrk

Yrk

Level 6
faeezizfar said:
i'm sorry for that.. updated.. if u cant play it too, check ur version. it must be 1.24e patch or higher.. thanks
My Version is 1.26, Still, Cant play it. :(

Level 32
Review in progress :)

[TD]
Moderator:
StoPCampinGn00b
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
Dragon Slayer
by Fareez Izfar (fareezizfar)
navbits_start.gif
REVIEW
Dragon Slayer is a team based hero arena map that can also be played as a small RPG if player(s) are all on the same team. The map's gameplay plays out similarly to a battle.net classic, Angel Arena. Heroes have custom and vivid looking spells, and enemies are somewhat fair to fight. See below for a more detailed explanation regarding the map's quality.
navbits_start.gif
FEEDBACK
Gameplay:
Since the map has very informative quest logs that get straight to the point, the map could be play right away. At first glance, I noticed that both heroes have hard to use hotkeys. For the lancer, you do have all of the hotkeys on the left side of the key board, but they do not correspond with the order of where the icons of the abilities coincide. For example, the icon on the far left should have a hotkey on the far left. It's recommended to use QWERT, ZXCVB, or FTGH for hotkeys. Abilities knockback/throw and windcut/rarikiri do not match in name.

As for balance, I fail to see the swordsman beating the lancer. Perhaps having a swordsman tank when fighting bosses might be useful, but their abilities fail to deal enough damage to make a fight between these two close. It's also unfair for both spawns to be in the shop area. I suggest you create to separate shops on both sides of the map.

The map could get laggy when there is an overdose of creeps (due to less players creeping). What could solve this issue is to make the creeps spawn more frequently but have a limit. One very minor mistake is how the honor shop tool-tips don't seem to be functioning correctly.

Overall, the map is good in concept, but there are a few mishaps that players might be annoyed with. The only bug I've found is the ultimate orb isn't working. The bottom way gate disappears.
Visuals:
The terrain and doodad placement in the map was average. More doodads around the edges may help enhance the visuals of the would be better. What I did find visually fun to see are the effects of the spells and the custom interface.
Miscellaneous:
That map isn't at all a Strategy / Risk. I've changed it to: Arena, Hero Arena, and RPG. See: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tutorial-submission-283/map-category-guide-254995/
navbits_start.gif
VERDICT
Map approved with a 3/5 rating.
navbits_start.gif
FAQ

Map Making Related

Forum Related

How can I get my map approved? Learn here (MAP SUBMISSION RULES).
Where can I get world editor assistance and find tutorials? Here.

How do I navigate the Hive Workshop? Learn here.
What does reputation mean at the bottom of my profile? Learn here.
Where can I discuss a problem only with the staff and/or higher administrators? Here.

user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
[/TD] [/TD][/tr]

Last edited:
Level 2
Sorry, I may sound like a noob, but how to make elemental weapon?
I already got the fire orb, and the sword, but the elemental sage keep saying "Out Of Stock"
I am playing 1 player game.

Level 10
The map looks cool, but that trailer is terrible, please remake it or hide it. This is exactly the way, how should NOT trailer look. Add more "ingame" material and get off these texts.

Looking forward to play the map anyway! ;)
Good job

Level 15
I tried the map. And I picked swordmaster and he doesnt has sword :eek:
Is that a bug or something?
And i moving around, killing creeps, fight boss on right down corner. And the boss instantly revive after he death. It should give time for player to run away.
And then, I found glitch on lake area, water terrain is not smooth. Well maube thats all, sorry for typps and my bad enflish

I tried the map. And I picked swordmaster and he doesnt has sword :eek:
Is that a bug or something?
And i moving around, killing creeps, fight boss on right down corner. And the boss instantly revive after he death. It should give time for player to run away.
And then, I found glitch on lake area, water terrain is not smooth. Well maube thats all, sorry for typps and my bad enflish

1. as said by RealHeavyRep
2. i'll fix that on next version
3. i'll make it smooth on next version

Sorry, I may sound like a noob, but how to make elemental weapon?
I already got the fire orb, and the sword, but the elemental sage keep saying "Out Of Stock"
I am playing 1 player game.

Ouh.. you have to get +7 sword and element orb..

The map looks cool, but that trailer is terrible, please remake it or hide it. This is exactly the way, how should NOT trailer look. Add more "ingame" material and get off these texts.

Looking forward to play the map anyway! ;)
Good job

I'll try making a better trailer.. thanks for telling me guys.. :)
i'm sorry for late.. my house on flood several days ago.. no electricity, internet.. thanks for playing :)

Level 19
This game has no quests and no real spawn machine...

once all the creatures are dead... there is no real game to play...

kinda makes the game pointless.

there should atleast be one spawn spot and something to keep you killing...

right now there is no reason to kill things and once you kill everything... nothing left to kill...

kinda boring...how did it get so high ratings

Level 32
This game has no quests and no real spawn machine...

once all the creatures are dead... there is no real game to play...

kinda makes the game pointless.

there should atleast be one spawn spot and something to keep you killing...

right now there is no reason to kill things and once you kill everything... nothing left to kill...

I'm not quite sure we're playing the same game. Many of the creeps auto spawn. Even the bosses in the corner auto spawn. You finish the game in single player/everyone is in the same team if you kill the final boss.

kinda boring...how did it get so high ratings
I've given a three, that is in no means a high rating. As for the other users who rated this map higher, why not ask them? Perhaps they didn't find it boring.

All of this being said, I'm not asking you to change it. If you justify your rating a bit more, I won't delete it.