• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dragon derivatives

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Based on:Dragon and Derivatives by Ujimasa Hojo.I have temporarily made three types of dragons. For other races, there can also be units of the Dragon branch.
Contents

Demon Dragon (Model)

Dragon derivatives (Model)

Naga Dragon (Model)

Reviews
ILH
ILH
Please try to optimize the model by fixing all the issues detected by Sanity Check.
Cool variations.
But there are some oddities.
The "dorsal fin" of dragons is poorly or strangely wrapped in texture.
And so the models look good.
I can also advise you to edit the "baby dragon" model;)
The scales on the back of the demon dragon may not be able to produce better ones. The Dragon Baby model has no corners and doesn't want to be edited. Dragons of other races are mostly obtained quickly through demonization, undead, or hydration. Perhaps the Eternal Dragon needs a model of the Dragon Baby.
I like it <3
I find your approval very comforting.

Level 2
Es posible que las escamas en la espalda del dragón demonio no puedan producir otras mejores. El modelo Dragon Baby no tiene esquinas y no quiere ser editado. Los dragones de otras razas se obtienen en su mayoría rápidamente mediante demonización, muertos vivientes o hidratación. Quizás el Dragón Eterno necesite un modelo del Bebé Dragón.

Encuentro su aprobación muy reconfortante.

Level 13
The idea is nice overall but honestly the texture wrapping leaves a lot to be desired:

The Naga dragon, the one that to me looks like the best of the bunch, has a stretched wrap around the muzzle area, which wouldn't be so bad if not for the fact it's going to be constantly visible through the Portrait animations
NagaDragonNuzzle.png

The Demon one's wrap is very badly stretched around its neck (where the chains are) and it's pretty bad to look at (I would also suggest to move the chain texture further up, after the fin ends, so you could make it look like a chain collar of some sort). Also, as Dreadman pointed out, the fin itself is a fleshy mess atm, that might be fixed by using a different texture (Red Dragon's fin, maybe?), though if I were you I'd try and change it to the one Lightning Lizards have (and then tweak it so it fits with the model's proportions... and change its texture too I suppose)
DemonDragonBadWrap.png

Then there's the Frost Wyrm one, setting aside the fact that I don't see it being very useful as vanilla Frost Wyrms exist because that's a "me" problem, this one suffers from the same issues as the Demon Dragon and more as his upper torso is also kind of a mess as far as I can tell.
The rest of the main body up to the tail doesn't look that hot either, the tail itself seems to be using up a large portion of the texture and what's left has to cover for the rest of the body, I'm pretty sure if you were to stretch the part of the texture you're using just for the tail so it also covers a good portion of the lower body the overall wrap would improve.
WyrmBadWrap.png

I think that fixing these spots would greatly improve the models' quality. Give it a thought if you can ;)

Last edited:
The idea is nice overall but honestly the texture wrapping leaves a lot to be desired:

The Naga dragon, the one that to me looks like the best of the bunch, has a stretched wrap around the muzzle area, which wouldn't be so bad if not for the fact it's going to be constantly visible through the Portrait animations
View attachment 468740
The Demon one's wrap is very badly stretched around its neck (where the chains are) and it's pretty bad to look at (I would also suggest to move the chain texture further up, after the fin ends, so you could make it look like a chain collar of some sort). Also, as Dreadman pointed out, the fin itself is a fleshy mess atm, that might be fixed by using a different texture (Red Dragon's fin, maybe?), though if I were you I'd try and change it to the one Lightning Lizards have (and then tweak it so it fits with the model's proportions... and change its texture too I suppose)
View attachment 468741
Then there's the Frost Wyrm one, setting aside the fact that I don't see it being very useful as vanilla Frost Wyrms exist because that's a "me" problem, this one suffers from the same issues as the Demon Dragon and more as his upper torso is also kind of a mess as far as I can tell.
The rest of the main body up to the tail doesn't look that hot either, the tail itself seems to be using up a large portion of the texture and what's left has to cover for the rest of the body, I'm pretty sure if you were to stretch the part of the texture you're using just for the tail so it also covers a good portion of the lower body the overall wrap would improve.
View attachment 468742
I think that fixing these spots would greatly improve the models' quality. Give it a thought if you can ;)
The UV points on the mouth of Nagara are connected, and I won't separate them, so I can only wrap them this way. The dragon scales of the Demon Dragon use the skin of the Doom Guard. Now it has been changed to this. The demon dragon's body has been properly adjusted. Frost Wyrm can only modify the foot part. The skin on the dragon scale part is too thin, so it can only be wrapped in this way.

Attachments

• Snipaste_2024-04-05_09-26-37.png
    Snipaste_2024-04-05_09-26-37.png
    75.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Snipaste_2024-04-05_09-26-08.png
    Snipaste_2024-04-05_09-26-08.png
    60.6 KB · Views: 7