• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dota Related Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I consider myself dota pro but there's still some things I'm not sure about. I would like for those who are 100% sure to answer me these questions. All you who would start your answer with "I think..." please don't answer, but if you must... If you have 100% correct answer to just one or two of them, go ahead and answer just those you are certain of.

First question is a bit complicated.

1. Quelling Blade - 32% bonus dmg to non-hero units.
Let's say my dmg is 100 and when hitting creeps is increased by 32% (melee) so the creep I'm hitting gets hit by 132. If I have Battle Fury equipped or playing with Sven, is splash also increased? Let's say I have 30% splash, that would mean, if my dmg is 100, splashed creeps receive 30 dmg. If I have Quelling Blade equipped which of the following is true?

a) Splash is calculated out of my 100 dmg only and is 30%/100=30
(MOST LIKELY)
b) Splash is calculated out of 132 dmg that attacked creep receives and is 30%/132=39,6
(MIGHT BE)
c) Splash is calculated out of my 100 dmg only and is increased by Quelling Blade to 30%/100=30; 32%/30=9,6; 30+9,6=39,6
(HIGHLY UNLIKELY)
d) Splash is calculated out of 132 dmg that attacked creep receives and is increased by Quelling Blade to 30%/132=39,6; 32%/39,6=12,67; 39,6+12,67=52,27
(WOULD BE GREAT)

2. Poor Man's Shield - 100% chance to block 20 hero dmg
60% chance to block 20 non-hero dmg
If I have 2, does it means they have 100% chance to block 40 hero dmg and 60% to block 40 non-hero dmg?

3. Vanguard - 70% chance to block 40 dmg
Again, but a bit differently, if I have 2, does it means:

a) 70% to block 80 dmg, so sometimes I block 80 dmg and sometimes none
b) 140% chance to block 40 dmg, so I block 40 dmg on each attack
c) Or maybe they work individually so sometimes only one activates and sometimes they activate both, example:

I get hit - first Vanguard blocks 40 dmg but the other one doesn't because chances are 70% he will block and 30% that he won't and for that other Vanguard now were those 30% so I've blocked 40 dmg
I get hit again - first doesn't block but the other one does so again I've blocked 40 dmg
Another hit - this time they both block so this time I've blocked 80 dmg

I could of asked this the same way for Poor Man's Shield but it would be too complicated so that question was simplified.

3. Javelin - 20% chance to deal 40 bonus dmg
Same thing, what if I have 2? Here I've introduced yet another option.

a) 40% 40 bonus dmg
b) 40% 80 bonus dmg
c) 20% 80 bonus dmg
d) Same as c) on Vanguard, individual work, they both have 20% chance so sometimes one deals bonus dmg, sometimes other one and sometimes they both deal bonus dmg at the same time so you deal 80 bonus dmg.

Note: Since you have 2 things with 20% chances it actually increases number of times you deal bonus dmg so by now I'm pretty sure chances stack so you get 40% with 2 of them. I'm not sure about damage. I would really like to know does damage stacks, doubles that is?

4. Monkey King Bar - Just to be clear, if I attack Witch Doctor while he's spawning Death Ward, I have 35% chance per attack to stop his Death Ward?

5. Give me couple of situations where Ghost Scepter would be useful. I can't find a god use for it. Force Staff too. I use it mostly for fun. The only use for it, as I see, is when you want to escape, push opponent closer to get him with a spell or skill and to confuse opponents. Any other usage of Force Staff that I'm missing?

That's all I could think of now, thank you for reading if not for answering.

Level 16
Seas =)

As I know this Quelling Blade increase only the damage of the main attack - not of the splash damage.

About both shields: I remember a discus on the dota homepage that only 1 shield works - there is no stacking

Javelin: No you still have a change of 20% to deal bonus damage.

About Monkey: Yes you have - Monkey have stunt and death ward is a channel spell - so you can stop it. ( Like any other channel spell )

Force Staff: Most useful is this with Batrider. You can pull your target to you and use this flame spell. Increase the change to hit this target. Also you can use force staff to pull your target to the towers - good damage ...

Ghost: What a question: It's the best escape against melee and range heroes =) - you can only be attacked with magical attacks.

Ahhh btw: Dota is a booooooooooring map =) [And you can inform your self on the dota homepage - I only played view times and don't like it ... ]

Status
Not open for further replies.